Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Consider it somewhere in between Sky Harbor and Runeswick if you need a location, though we haven't really decided on any mapping for the islands.
Hmm, so I should consider it within the range of postal services among the sky islands?
'-'
I'm just trying to think of how Clarice could do your duke quest without her travelling, since she literally has no money to spend atm. The most she can do is post.
>w<

X

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Hooo, boy.

That being said, how did Kaede approach Eochaidh to help out with the plan initially? Also, I'm considering having him suspect something to add some drama, so some pointers on how to make him somewhat wary that something is amiss would be great xD

Also, considering that Sir Ames is suspicious, I wonder what will happen to Kaede when we reach the reveal of the real antagonist because there are going to be a lot of questions on what and why she was hiding from the expedition, which I might add, will probably have cost lives and the ire of many, many parties...
I'm also so curious about Eochaidh's perspective on all of this! :blob_happy: Is he guilty~? :blobspearpeek:

Duped? Blackmailed? Deceived?

Was he fooled by Kaede to gather all of these people as 'bait' for the Erdrich summoning ritual?

If you're stuck, playing the blame game is always a fair option~ For instance, Eochaidh could have gotten the request to lead this expedition from someone even higher up on the guild, so the 'I was just following orders' card can always be played~

Brainstorming reasons why nobles might have been invited:
  • It was worded as a joint "military exercise" -- practice to coordinate different factions/households. If it was an 'military exercise', it would potentially explain why @fyrre's character was invited (who is a student with minimal military experience).
  • Nobles have special abilities that are related to their bloodline (like in Grancrest Senki). These special abilities were somehow specifically requested in order to complete the mission, but this would require each noble to be paired with a power that relates to the mission somehow.
  • Feudalism. Perhaps every noble house is required to dedicate a certain amount of military service to the Queen every year, and this quest is a qualifying mission. The misleading quest description made it appear as though it was one of the 'safer' missions compared to the alternatives.
  • Prestige. Some kind of special recognition was to be offered to the noble house(s) that cleared this mission. Example of desirable things include generic rewards (i.e. more land/money), but potentially promotions in noble rank (i.e. => marquis to duke). An example of something that might fit with the theme of the Sky Archipelago would be a temporary special butterfly (i.e. "A Golden Chrysalis") that when hatches would allow direct verbal communication with the Queen for a short period of time (~a few hours).
  • Cold War. Cimon's Watch maybe has prominent strategic value. The faction that clears this mission would establish a sphere of influence over this area, so different aristocrats are indirectly competing with each other to control this airspace. This could explain why the Getandmark's brought six airships, because it would plainly broadcast to everyone that they intended to take control this airspace after the mission was cleared (in the South China Sea posturing sense).

It's a little hard to use the cultist angle to attract the nobles because Bochi has already established that that the nobles can't be allowed to know about the true purpose of the mission. If they were presented as too much of a threat, a lot of the invited parties would undeniably ask a lot of questions, and the mission absolutely wouldn't be labeled as a "scouting mission".

Anyways, those were some quick random ideas!

Nahrenne

I'm also so curious about Eochaidh's perspective on all of this! :blob_happy: Is he guilty~? :blobspearpeek:

Was he fooled by Kaede to gather all of these people as 'bait' for the Erdrich summoning ritual?

If you're stuck, playing the blame game is always a fair option~ For instance, Eochaidh could have gotten the request to lead this expedition from someone even higher up on the guild, so the 'I was just following orders' card can always be played~

• It was worded as a joint "military exercise" -- practice to coordinate different factions/households. If it was an 'military exercise', it would potentially explain why @fyrre's character was invited (who is a student with minimal military experience).
  • Nobles have special abilities that are related to their bloodline (like in Grancrest Senki). These special abilities were somehow specifically requested in order to complete the mission, but this would require each noble to be paired with a power that relates to the mission somehow.
  • Feudalism. Perhaps every noble house is required to dedicate a certain amount of military service to the Queen every year, and this quest is a qualifying mission. The misleading quest description made it appear as though it was one of the 'safer' missions compared to the alternatives.
  • Prestige. Some kind of special recognition was to be offered to the noble house(s) that cleared this mission. Example of desirable things include generic rewards (i.e. more land/money), but potentially promotions in noble rank (i.e. => marquis to duke). An example of something that might fit with the theme of the Sky Archipelago would be a temporary special butterfly (i.e. "A Golden Chrysalis") that when hatches would allow direct verbal communication with the Queen for a short period of time (~a few hours).
  • Cold War. Cimon's Watch maybe has prominent strategic value. The faction that clears this mission would establish a sphere of influence over this area, so different aristocrats are indirectly competing with each other to control this airspace. This could explain why the Getandmark's brought six airships, because it would plainly broadcast to everyone that they intended to take control this airspace after the mission was cleared (in the South China Sea posturing sense).

It's a little hard to use the cultist angle to attract the nobles because Bochi has already established that that the nobles can't be allowed to know about the true purpose of the mission. If they were presented as too much of a threat, a lot of the invited parties would undeniably ask a lot of questions, and the mission absolutely wouldn't be labeled as a "scouting mission".

The problem with those possible explanations is that people unaffiliated with nobles had access to the quest, plus none of the nobles present seemed to have any idea on what the heck was going on.
'-'

X

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper

And thus continues the speculation on the Grand Cimon's Hollow Conspiracy.

Also like limit so have this: :blobthumbsup:

Nahrenne

@Reborn_Cat can you please explain what exactly the True Eyes ability entails?
The description you gave says:
[Gains the ability to sense the truth from lies, works on illusions as well. Active ability.]
So, how is he detecting Anya's mood when she didn't lie?
Are his eyes now a mood detector, too?

:blob_frown:

X

Reborn_Cat

A lazy cat pretending to be human
@Reborn_Cat can you please explain what exactly the True Eyes ability entails?
The description you gave says:
[Gains the ability to sense the truth from lies, works on illusions as well. Active ability.]
So, how is he detecting Anya's mood when she didn't lie?
Are his eyes now a mood detector, too?

:blob_frown:

X
I'll change it then for better understanding, but I meant he activated it to judge her response but her over exaggerated response gave her mood away

Nahrenne

I'll change it then for better understanding, but I meant he activated it to judge her response but her over exaggerated response gave her mood away
I wouldn't have said her response was overexaggerated, though...
She matched his tone and assumed an innocent look as if she had no idea what he was talking about.
'-'
After all, she genuinely didn't see anyone having a tantrum.

X

Bochi

Okay, just a heads up because I feel like there's been some misunderstanding about the quest, especially now that we've got stuff like 'the quest never mentioned cultists.'

Just so that everyone's on the same page, the exact quest is this one.
The Legend of Cimon's Hollow​
  • Visit Cimon's Hollow.​
  • Take notes of anti-personnel defences (if any)​
  • Take note of anti-siege fortifications (if any)​
  • Ascertain the size of the hostile force (optional)​
  • Come back alive (mandatory)​
I trust everyone's heard about the situation down Cimon's Island, yes?
While people were distracted by talks of civil war brewing, a group of cultists managed to capture enough victims for a summoning ritual.
Those ingenious bastards.
While time is of the essence, we do not have enough information to mount an assault yet. Someone needs to get in there, scope out the lay of the land, and bring back whatever useful info they can unearth.
The strike force will be waiting on the neighboring island to attack as soon as possible.
Sponsor: Adventurer's Guild
Prerequisites: NA

Reborn_Cat

I wouldn't have said her response was overexaggerated, though...
She matched his tone and assumed an innocent look as if she had no idea what he was talking about.
'-'
After all, she genuinely didn't see anyone having a tantrum.

X
how is screaming from the top of her lungs while bemoaning not an exaggeration, a tantrum is an outburst of anger, not a scream fest, so I just assumed she was trying to be sarcastic.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
The problem with those possible explanations is that people unaffiliated with nobles had access to the quest, plus none of the nobles present seemed to have any idea on what the heck was going on.
'-'

X
:blob_happy: I'm trying my best to fish for possible explanations!

The best I could think of was that Eochy called up a bunch of nobles and asked "please come", except that places a lot of the burden on Eochy to explain things. I think from the perspective of the Getandmark House and the other nobles, either:
  • Someone important/trustworthy asked them come
  • They were forced to come (by obligation)
  • The mission was considered extremely important -- seems less likely because the nobles don't know what actual the threat is, and it doesn't make sense to send nobles on a high-risk "scouting mission", and the parents of weaker noble like Audriana would have definitely refused if it was framed as extremely dangerous with a high chance of death. Also the nobles seem really casual (low tension) and spent like 10 hours just chilling, which hardly seems like the behavior of anyone tackling an 'urgent' quest.
  • They were offered a really nice reward / benefits for coming

So it has to be one of those four explanations... unless I'm missing a potential angle.

As for non-nobles, I guess it's still a regular quest on top of all these strange shenanigans x.x

Nahrenne

how is screaming from the top of her lungs while bemoaning not an exaggeration, a tantrum is an outburst of anger, not a scream fest, so I just assumed she was trying to be sarcastic.
'-'
I guess this is a difference in how the authors interpret the word tantrum.
'-'
I was thinking of when toddlers have a tantrum, which is screaming from the top of their lungs while complaining that they didn't get what they want, etc...

An outburst of anger is short, like, "Ah, crap!", or, "Sh*t!", or "F*ck!"

X

Nahrenne

Okay, just a heads up because I feel like there's been some misunderstanding about the quest, especially now that we've got stuff like 'the quest never mentioned cultists.'

I'll pin that down to Anya misreading the quest description then.
>w<
In other words, she only read the bullet points to complete the task.
orz

X

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I have defined it as obligation and duty - it is required of nobles to save citizens. Technically they only need to send soldiers representing themselves, but nobles like shark family and such big ones wont just not show up - they cannot be thought of as cowardly afterall, unless something more important is there that they need to attend. See my first post in the pm,

She glanced over her teammates for this mission, most of them looked competent - one of them even was a proper, veteran knight. A bunch of nobles had joined too, Miss Gwen being the most prominent one. It was given that the Grogar household would always send their forces in such scenarios - it was their duty afterall. Besides the duke was known for treating his people well. All that said, seeing a Grogar arrive in person to actually fulfil their duty did help Roxia feel a bit less nervous about this mission.

Nobles have special abilities that are related to their bloodline (like in Grancrest Senki). These special abilities were somehow specifically requested in order to complete the mission, but this would require each noble to be paired with a power that relates to the mission somehow.
No, anything but this.

Reborn_Cat

'-'
I guess this is a difference in how the authors interpret the word tantrum.
'-'
I was thinking of when toddlers have a tantrum, which is screaming from the top of their lungs while complaining that they didn't get what they want, etc...

An outburst of anger is short, like, "Ah, crap!", or, "Sh*t!", or "F*ck!"

X
True I guess, for me silently brooding and sulking cause you are mad also counts as a tantrum

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper

I have no like limit, but I must like :blobthumbsup::blobthumbsup::blobthumbsup::blobthumbsup::blobthumbsup:

Though, Ascalio doesn't even know there's cultists on this quest. He just found out this was a scouting quest at all.

Reborn_Cat

I'll pin that down to Anya misreading the quest description then.
>w<
In other words, she only read the bullet points to complete the task.
orz

X
Tch, a chance to sue the guild went away