Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
It's easy, just reverse time or transmigrate into a student's body.
I am student.....I got a part time at a theater near ma home, and Black Widow is coming out tmr.....so the weekend is gonna be ~crazy~
Also, besides the Queen, are there any other royal members?
I would imagine yes, as the earliest mention of the queen is during the Spirit War that took place 20 yrs ago, so she have to have a husband and kids if she was young then, and grown heir if she wasn't so young, and maybe even someone of the previous generations if she is really really young back then, although highly unlikely.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Also, besides the Queen, are there any other royal members?
I am student.....I got a part time at a theater near ma home, and Black Widow is coming out tmr.....so the weekend is gonna be ~crazy~

I would imagine yes, as the earliest mention of the queen is during the Spirit War that took place 20 yrs ago, so she have to have a husband and kids if she was young then, and grown heir if she wasn't so young, and maybe even someone of the previous generations if she is really really young back then, although highly unlikely.
I'm personally of the opinion that it's more interesting if everything is a total mystery, but it's up to what you all want!

Having direct family members of the Queen means that her identity is 100% certain (at least by some individuals), and also locks down her species/race/age/maritalstatus/etc. Anyone who knew the royal family could easily guess the identity of the next queen (based on birth), and it would be difficult to keep it a long-term secret unless the entire royal family was required to stay in hiding.

I don't necessarily think that the Queen has to be human. If anything, @AliceShiki could be the queen (a 5-year-old fairy), and she doesn't have to age normally or have a husband / kids.

I'm rather fond of the notion that the Queen's role could be passed on from one Queen to the next in some mysterious process that does not require direct bloodlines. One year, a human might queen, but a different decade, a fairy could be queen. The public probably wouldn't even know that a transition happened. An analogy would be like multiple people using the same forum account ("the face of the queen").

......But that's just a personal headcanon.

>.< If all of you would rather go with something else, I'm open to that too!

fyrre

I'm personally of the opinion that it's more interesting if everything is a total mystery, but it's up to what you all want!

Having direct family members of the Queen means that her identity is 100% certain (at least by some individuals), and also locks down her species/race/age/maritalstatus/etc. Anyone who knew the royal family could easily guess the identity of the next queen (based on birth), and it would be difficult to keep it a long-term secret unless the entire royal family was required to stay in hiding.

I don't necessarily think that the Queen has to be human. If anything, @AliceShiki could be the queen (a 5-year-old fairy), and she doesn't have to age normally or have a husband / kids.

I'm rather fond of the notion that the Queen's role could be passed on from one Queen to the next in some mysterious process that does not require direct bloodlines. One year, a human might queen, but a different decade, a fairy could be queen. The public probably wouldn't even know that a transition happened. An analogy would be like multiple people using the same forum account ("the face of the queen").

I'm fine with keeping the Queen's identity a secret!

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
:blob_hide::blob_hide::blob_hide: In an ideal world, what kind of plots would people like to see (assuming that there were magical additional persons willing to play those roles)?

Are there characters that you would like to see filled? Interesting plots?
Something focused on the markets on the island and the culture in general, aka worldbuilding with focus on sol of an average citizen

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer

Plot twist, the Queen was Raul wearing a princess dress all along! :blob_ghost:

(Just kidding obviously, I'm fine with keeping her identity a secret.) :blob_reach:

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
The queen is infact a mind controlling parasite and jumps from one host to another during the mysterious process. Ofc, the jump kills the former host.

Way

Hmm...actually, what does the upper echelon's ruling structure even look like? What is the power structure between the Dukes (and equivalent) and that of the Queen, which clearly doesn't exactly follow the classic structure of royalty and nobility?

Also, the Sky Archipelago has incredibly strong HRE vibes, with the messy afk politics >.>
Draolie, a delicate flower with fragrance that could calm the most wrathful of dragon, and drifted them to a peaceful sleep.
Huh... this actually comes in really handy regarding a plan I had...mumble mumble dragon mumble mumble.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
Hmm...actually, what does the upper echelon's ruling structure even look like? What is the power structure between the Dukes (and equivalent) and that of the Queen, which clearly doesn't exactly follow the classic structure of royalty and nobility?

Also, the Sky Archipelago has incredibly strong HRE vibes, with the messy afk politics >.>

Huh... this actually comes in really handy regarding a plan I had...mumble mumble dragon mumble mumble.
It's certainly up to interpretation! :blob_evil:

I suppose we can continue to headcanon it (nothing confirmed) until someone is actually playing a duke character.

Here's one headcanon (unofficial): The Queen has the ability to grant (and revoke) aristocratic titles via magic. While she rarely participates in direct governance, the fact that a noble has their title is taken as a form of 'divine right' ("The Queen has endorsed me!"), and used as justification to do whatever they want.