Adventurer's Guild [AGSA] Adventurer's Guild Sky Archipelago - OOC Room

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
I mean one of the fantasy tropes is the existence of a magical institution. Maybe not full Hogwarts but something more like say a "Royal Institute of Learning for Nobles"
That or we can go for a bit of like start of renaissance and stuff.
I mean, totally, go for it. I was just providing some example about how we could have an academy without breaking up the medieval setting, if it is done right, and provided that it could sustain it self. What I mean is, and this also included the trope as well, most of the time, the is a magic academy, right, but, does it fit the context at all?
Like, is there a sizable population that required, and could pay for such expensive formal education? Or it make more sense to just hire a private tutor. and then there is the question of what could the academy could provide that private tutors and apprenticeship under an old mage couldn't?

I'm sorry if this seem like a harsh criticism, I am just really enjoy world building, so this like this often caught my attention, and I have lotta thing to says.....lol.

Ddraig

<First Dragon of SHF> <Pokemon Goddess of NuF>
I mean, totally, go for it. I was just providing some example about how we could have an academy without breaking up the medieval setting, if it is done right, and provided that it could sustain it self. What I mean is, and this also included the trope as well, most of the time, the is a magic academy, right, but, does it fit the context at all?
Like, is there a sizable population that required, and could pay for such expensive formal education? Or it make more sense to just hire a private tutor. and then there is the question of what could the academy could provide when private tutor and apprenticeship under an old mage couldn't?

I'm sorry if this seem like a harsh criticism, I am just really enjoy world building, so this like this often caught my attention, and I have lotta thing to says.....lol.
I am not planning on doing it, but their is a reason I specified nobles. A lot of royalty (and like high ranking nobles) would send their sons to what is essentially a private academy back in the day of kings. And yes it was in a way more or less hiring a private tutor, but a really respectable one at that - someone who even the king would respect.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I finally finished my chapter x.x

Does anyone want their island on Sky Archipelago to be visited?

I have a dragon who happened to steal borrow an airship, but I haven't figured out where to land her yet.
Land it on top of the guild's main building and take Ilya on a trip through the skies! ^^)/
Yeah, it's no problem I have a lot of time on my hands.
*jealous Alice noises*

luxia

Are there schools in Sky Archipelago? Like this question is stupid but I have to ask. And if so could players have their characters be in school? I hope this kind of thing wouldn't conflict with characters being Adventurer's Guild members.

I think it should be alright?

I'm the kind of person that prefers saying that the only institution that should reresemble a school in a medi-fantasy setting is a church, but it's not like we are in a pure medi-fantasy anyways, so... Go wild?

I think we could absolutely have some kind of educational-research institution. Alice also already said that yea, most church also doubled as a place of educational institute. History wise, the University of Oxford was founded in 1096, and an even earlier example of it is House of Baghdad Wisdom in the Islamic world. And then there is the Library of Alexandria, all of those place serves as a place to preserve knowledge and a hotspot for intellectual mind to gather and mingle.
So, maybe not a full blown academy like the modern day, but maybe a very large, very renown library that have a large wing of empty symposiums that could be use as a place for lecture by intellectual mind. Maybe don't include any any strict structure for the academy, but allow for some free but other wise unscheduled lecture and class by visiting intellectual ???

So now I need to figure out another name :sweating_profusely:

I mean one of the fantasy tropes is the existence of a magical institution. Maybe not full Hogwarts but something more like say a "Royal Institute of Learning for Nobles"
That or we can go for a bit of like start of renaissance and stuff.

Like, is there a sizable population that required, and could pay for such expensive formal education? Or it make more sense to just hire a private tutor. and then there is the question of what could the academy could provide that private tutors and apprenticeship under an old mage couldn't?

Oh! I was rereading some stuff and @GodlyKamui mentioned a “Royal Academy of Sky Harbor” in their story. That might be something! …Although it does sound kind of exclusive.

Way

Quest Evaluation

(( Lucia has a blank look on her face after listening to an old man rambling her at the reception desk for 15 minutes )).

Uh... that's a nice... story... Eochaidh... although if you would move to the side so that the next client in line can step up... I know that you must really love talking to the receptionists but I'm at work right now. @-@ The March of Spirits happened while I was an infant, but nearly everyone knows this kind of stuff already so I don't know why you're trying to get me to pay you for this...

...Is this a scam?? Were you robbed? Are you broke? Do you need money for dinner? Cash for an air taxi to get home? I mean, I don't mind helping you with that kind of stuff, but please don't walk up to receptionists rambling about basic history from two decades ago hoping that the guild will give you money... it's okay to ask directly if you need help...

Rewards:
  • A cookie...
------

Please mark your quest report as evaluated. Remember to update the Newsletter/Library/Quest Board with any relevant information!
LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUXIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AliceShiki

Quest Evaluation

(( Lucia has a blank look on her face after listening to an old man rambling her at the reception desk for 15 minutes )).

Uh... that's a nice... story... Eochaidh... although if you would move to the side so that the next client in line can step up... I know that you must really love talking to the receptionists but I'm at work right now. @-@ The March of Spirits happened while I was an infant, but nearly everyone knows this kind of stuff already so I don't know why you're trying to get me to pay you for this...

...Is this a scam?? Were you robbed? Are you broke? Do you need money for dinner? Cash for an air taxi to get home? I mean, I don't mind helping you with that kind of stuff, but please don't walk up to receptionists rambling about basic history from two decades ago hoping that the guild will give you money... it's okay to ask directly if you need help...

Rewards:
  • A cookie...
------

Please mark your quest report as evaluated. Remember to update the Newsletter/Library/Quest Board with any relevant information!
This was pure gold~ <3

The_Everdistant_Utopia

Mapmaker | Writer | Lorekeeper
LUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUXIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Also, whomever took the time to add the info from my report in my stead because I was too slow/lazy to do it timely, you have my eternal love.

Way

This was pure gold~ <3

Also, whomever took the time to add the info from my report in my stead because I was too slow/lazy to do it timely, you have my eternal love.
Foolish, foolish me just wanted it to be in the open so the lore could be properly evaluated in case I misstepped...

For my hubris, Eochaidh's dignity was publically slaughtered then socially quartered with the sharpest scalpel I have ever seen. Luxia didn't even blink while performing that impromptu dissection.

AliceShiki

Foolish, foolish me just wanted it to be in the open so the lore could be properly evaluated in case I misstepped...

For my hubris, Eochaidh's dignity was publically slaughtered then socially quartered with the sharpest scalpel I have ever seen. Luxia didn't even blink while performing that impromptu dissection.
*pat pat pat*

There there~