Any ideas you know you are never going to touch?

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Pretty much everything is off-limits until my kid learns to read, and even then I'll be answering lots of questions for him as he reads, so . . . there are a lot of other factors up in the air right now.

pojlk

I have a draft for a story about an inn that lies at the very edge of existence, where the main character has to fulfil the wishes of the residents so they'd be able to move on because the inn is actually the last piece of existence remaining in this Multiverse. I came up with around four resident concepts before giving up because this story seemed too ambitious for me since I'm just a filthy casual author. The residents I came up with were a king turned undertaker whose inn room was just an endless graveyard (He has a zombie daughter for some reason), a brothel owner whose prostitutes were all clones of herself, a room that's filled with 72 different versions of Satan (They all claim to be the real Satan), and a cultist based on Bray Wyatt (With a lot of animal masks).

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Dunno about anything I've come up with that I totally don't want to do, but I have some I whiled away a day or so imagining but probably won't get around to cause I have too many ideas. Like one that I called "Hyper-evolver Slime", with the idea being the mc is a slime that evolves at a much lower level than other slimes of it's current species, but resets to a basic slime if it goes twenty four hours without evolving. So basically, it can map out the entire slime evolution tree, probably even evolve further than any other slime has in that world's past! Buuuuut, not really a lot of story ideas for that. Had a vague idea of it becoming a Dungeon Master cause the Dungeon Core underestimated it and thought it was joking when it asked to be the DM, so agreed to it on condition of it beating the Dungeon's final boss. Overall, it'd probably be more of a thing to use in another story somehow rather than a whole story to itself.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I'll never write a story that violates my ideals. Nor will I write something that I find objectionable.
"I find nothing objectionable and have no ideals to violate."

There. Fixed it for you.
Just what are random plans you had that while it seemed fine at the time, once you forgot about or got too busy, you came back and realized, "how about no."
I have the basis for a script about a guy called the wizard Cheeze Bauls. All his spells were based on terrible puns. I think I wrote it when I was nine. That might be the only story I have ever started that I would actually say "How About No" to.

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
"I find nothing objectionable and have no ideals to violate."

There. Fixed it for you.

I have the basis for a script about a guy called the wizard Cheeze Bauls. All his spells were based on terrible puns. I think I wrote it when I was nine. That might be the only story I have ever started that I would actually say "How About No" to.
You should rewrite it.

Cipiteca396

More Gasoline 🎶
Oops... An actual answer? I seriously thought about rewriting the story of a shitty Hentai I encountered. I actually still like the idea but... I really don't have the time for my actual stories, let alone that.
Im just scared
You should be. But you could always do the opposite. In the Incarnations of Immortality series the Devil pretends to brag about all of the awful stuff that happened during WW2 so that the incarnation of Time will alter the timeline. The result is the actual rebirth of the Holy Roman Empire, with things going far more peacefully.
In other words, cut out actual historical figures and make your replacement characters good people, and you'll have a story.

BigBadBoi

I will sadly never write Re:Rapist, as funny as it would be, not enough people would get the jokes.
I'd honestly read about a dude isekai'd with hentai powers correcting 💢💢💢 villains but I'm pretty sure some based mangaka already drew a whole ass doujin tankoubon about that specific scenario.

TotallyHuman

I had an idea for a chapter of wasn't my life where Victor would torture a pair of hapless adventurers who stumbled upon his lair for two chapters straight through magical experimentation, from the POV of the adventurers. I then went on a hiatus... That is still going on. Now I'm not so sire that is a swell idea.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
i barely have the time to write one book, which is kept alive only by my own determination to finish it knowing it will take me at least a year assuming I don't vanish again.

I do not have the energy for other writing projects yet I keep getting ideas.

Somedays I want to throw it all aside, but I don't want to make a hypocrite of myself.

But other times I just wish I could do more, write more, be.... more.

I have a LitRPG idea, I have a sequel idea, I have a prequel Idea, I have a cyberpunk idea, I have a mystery idea, hell I even have an idea that might me mine or my hosts i dont know yet about a person exploring a wide open world on their own and learning that things arent quite as rainbow as they appear

FaustVoncleave

I thought about writing one with a game world similar to Legendary Moonlight Sculptor with a protagonist who takes the alchemist class and comes up with all sorts of crazy artifacts and bombs to chuck at people. Then I kinda got tired of the whole virtual reality game thing and just forgot about it.

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Yep. USB stick in Mongolia with the power to speak to fish.
wut?

I want to write about a weord timeline where hitler successful in unification of the world and instead of a dystopian future we get technology that is century ahead. Im just scared that people will call me a hitler supporter because of ot lol
yeah, that wouldnt fly. now if someone was transmigrated into the timeline as someone with influence but below hitler, knocked him off and then started fixing shit.... now that, that could work. it might still draw hate but less and more generic hate rather than people thinking you're a hitler supported.

sanitylimited

i cant wait for the next world war. nazis bad churchill good is the only acceptable propaganda allowed currently. no complexity or deep understanding allowed

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Just what are random plans you had that while it seemed fine at the time, once you forgot about or got too busy, you came back and realized, "how about no."

For me it was a thought experiment on making a comedy oriented story. Where it was an Isekai'd guy that got summoning powers. His first summon was going to be some sort of fairy or elf to have more magic and kite everything. Even if he hated how lanky they always tend to be. Halfway through he would think it would be better if he could customize the summon but, a random thought about giving the summon a more muscled appearance, spirals to the point that he summons a clone of Randy "the Macho Man" Savage. With toga and druidic staff and something that sort of looks like pointy ears.

The rest of the assemble would have been in the same vain. Arnold Schwarzenegger in his Twin movie persona as a bard. Full with tone-deafness. A fox girl being Michael Clarke Duncan. Yes full girl. Not just Duncan dressed as a girl. And, a randomly tossed in Chuck Norris being his meme self after stopping the train of thought.

I ended up liking it but realized I'm a one-liner kind of guy.

Attachments

• IMG_0445.jpg
    IMG_0445.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 24

Konjack

About a few years ago when new manga in Weekly Shounen Jump were constantly getting published to fill in the void left by the ends of long-running series, only to wind up being canceled early to the point where people joked about "the U19 Club," I flirted with an idea where the MC is isekai'd to the start of a bottom-ranking boilerplate battle shounen. It was up to him to drum up popularity with only 18 chapters/4 months to keep the show going—if the manga's over, so's he. He tried to accomplish this by doing stuff like siccing hitmen on the good guys for attention-grabbing fight scenes, forcing an earlier explanation of the setting and power system, fabricating a mysterious organization as an overarching antagonist, scrounging up enough cash to host a tournament arc, etc. One of the manga's heroines was an amnesiac-cum-audience surrogate, so the MC tried to sprinkle in fake clues about her identity, which backfired since it only confused and frustrated the (in-story out-of-manga) readers.

Now I don't jive with the whole shebang. The MC was pretty much a monkey frantically trying to dance for a fictional audience's amusement. Really killed my mood to write.

Last edited:

LukeBarnes

Okay check this out,

I got this idea a while back but never thought too deeply about it. The main genre is comedy and it plays out in a fantasy world that is ruled by seven noble families. The ancestors of these seven families each made a pact with a mythological beast that gave them enormous magic capabilities but a curse regarding the seven sins in return. For example, one family that made a pact with a mythical serpent got the curse of envy that manifests in their family members as a recurring emotion.

Now, the story plays in a generation where no archmage exists and talents join the magic tower in the center of the continent to study and train to be the archmage of the century. Seven kids of the same age from each of the seven families decide to go to the magic tower to be the archmage and meet each other. Due to their family rivalry and emotional sin curse, they can't stand each other but have to study together for at least five years. The story is about the hilarious situation and interactions with the cursed kids and the race to be the first archmage.