Anyone just out here being too lazy to write and when you see that one of your readers dropped your story, you get the urge to write and get pumped?

D

Deleted member 54065

I don't care about a random reader dropping my work.

What's devastating for me is when a close friend or person would tell me my work sucked. But, well, I understand we all have preferences, so I move along.

As for the motivation? My copium is when I finish a volume. Doesn't matter if no one reads it; I finish what I started.

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
It's EXTREMELY painful to see a drop.

Especially when you don't get any real activity. You feel invisible, and it's maddening that the threshold to leave a passive aggressive drop is lower than even a simple comment.

I envy you for being able to turn that into motivation. I just have to fight past it when it happens to me. I have to remind myself that I AM strong and I answer to no one.

But maybe, just maybe, it'd be nice to make two cups of hot chocolate, instead of one :D

I want to finish my book, to prove to myself that I can. To show myself that not even time itself can keep me down.

But sometimes I wonder if it's worth it. So I'll say to you that it is, to keep going, and pray that I can internalize that one day myself :D

no, i always write according to mood. rushing a new chapter just because someone drop them will most likely just result in another drop.

if one is impatient to wait for something good, then the novel isn't for them. i'm just hoping that person can find more suitable novels to spend time with.

no, i always write according to mood. rushing a new chapter just because someone drop them will most likely just result in another drop.

if one is impatient to wait for something good, then the novel isn't for them. i'm just hoping that person can find more suitable novels to spend time with.
Yooo i love this mindset i gotta apply this sh**

Iamnotabot

Bot of [PAUL]
Have i been lazy ? Yes
Will i write again ? Yes

Currently none of my reader has droped , but i want to write before that happen. The thing is i just been down lately, i find the drive to write but when i see my story all that energy just go away

LunaSoltaer

Spicy Transbian
Have i been lazy ? Yes
Will i write again ? Yes

Currently none of my reader has droped , but i want to write before that happen. The thing is i just been down lately, i find the drive to write but when i see my story all that energy just go away
I haven't seen anyone move your book to Dropped due to inactivity. typically they just dont pick it up again, which is an invisible drop, and knowing about it sucks because it means your green dot number isnt real but its not like they're actively telling people your books bad like the purple dot is xP

and heres some encouragement: I vanished off the site for a YEAR, from RL stress and then inertia after that, and I still have a reader from back then. If I can pull it off, so can you.

Dont worry about time ^_^

ShipTeaser

I expect a certain level of dropped, as my story is the most marmite of beasts. There's going to be a certain percentage who are naturally disposed to loathe everything about it lol

Instead, I tend to write more in frustration when i get some nasty comments. Had a particularly bad one over on RR yesterday which was a bit upsetting, so i'm going to write my way out of my funk...

I expect a certain level of dropped, as my story is the most marmite of beasts. There's going to be a certain percentage who are naturally disposed to loathe everything about it lol

Instead, I tend to write more in frustration when i get some nasty comments. Had a particularly bad one over on RR yesterday which was a bit upsetting, so i'm going to write my way out of my funk...
It sure does leave a bad taste in your mouth when that happens gotta rinse it off with a Godly chapter

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Why won't you use proper spelling in the title? You are an author, no?

Hazelarts101

What's devastating for me is when a close friend or person would tell me my work sucked. But, well, I understand we all have preferences, so I move along.

As for the motivation? My copium is when I finish a volume. Doesn't matter if no one reads it; I finish what I started

As for the motivation? My copium is when I finish a volume. Doesn't matter if no one reads it; I finish what I started.
Amazing! I wish I had that kinda motivation

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
Hello! Want to know how I got around my laziness as an author?
hard question honestly. It's hard. Especially when the work doesn't get any feedback. i think the best way to tackle this laziness is to think about your story as a part of yourself. forget about the reader and focus on the fulfillment of what your story means to you. Just chase that.