Bad writers block. I need help!

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Basically, I've had writer's block for about a month where I can't figure out how I'm supposed to implement the next part of my story. I've already tried taking a break from it and working on something else and I've made an entire chapter focusing on other characters. Now I have to go back to the characters I'm having the most trouble with.

To summarize what is going on, The MC and his friends have just been given permission to summon the army of golems left underneath the ancient city in order to help retake another nation from a coup de ta. They just finished forcing the ancient city to rise out of the swamp it was in before and no one actually knows where the activation switch for the golems is. It's somewhere in the city though and they have some ideas about where it is but I need help with it. Where do you think that the activation switch should be and how do you think it should activate? Should the golems rise up from the earth dramatically or should they be statues scattered all around the city ruins? Could really use some ideas and anything would be helpful... Except for sex scenes. It is neither the time nor the place.

Paul_Tromba

Put some kind of puzzle or some shit in the center of the city, then once its solved the city itself transforms, brick by brick, into the golem army.
That's not a bad idea. Though I think that the city itself turning into an army of golems would be a little overboard. I like the puzzle idea a lot though.

XKARNATION

What if he finds some dusty control pannel from a forgotten era and has to work out what the controls are as the whole building collapses around him

Paul_Tromba

the key is at the entrance under the "doormat" since the grounds collapses revealing the golems underneath, like the chinese buried army
That would be hilarious.
What if he finds some dusty control pannel from a forgotten era and has to work out what the controls are as the whole building collapses around him
Would be cool and would be possible since the entire premise of the story is ancient civilizations would summon people from other worlds to give them information. It wouldn't be difficult for me to say that one of them taught them about electrical engineering at some point. I mean, I just had a group summon an old train worker who can summon trains from the ground for him to ride on like a horse by only hitting the ground with his sledgehammer.

Agentt

Thighs
*pats*
If push comes to a shove, you can do that offscreen.

And i reccomend skipping the scene for now, moving on in the story, and coming back after words

Lloyd

Professional Writer
That's not a bad idea. Though I think that the city itself turning into an army of golems would be a little overboard. I like the puzzle idea a lot though.
I'm taking my idea back and using it for my story then

Paul_Tromba

*pats*
If push comes to a shove, you can do that offscreen.

And i reccomend skipping the scene for now, moving on in the story, and coming back after words
I can understand that I may have to do that. However, the entire point of this story was to force me to enhance my descriptive ability. If I can't describe the entire situation that they have to go through in order to succeed then I am throwing it entirely out the window.
I'm taking my idea back and using it for my story then
That's fine. It was your idea in the first place so I can't complain. It was a good idea though.

Agentt

Thighs
I can understand that I may have to do that. However, the entire point of this story was to force me to enhance my descriptive ability. If I can't describe the entire situation that they have to go through in order to succeed then I am throwing it entirely out the window.

That's fine. It was your idea in the first place so I can't complain. It was a good idea though.
In that case, don't be afraid to make mistakes. Just write whatever and edit it later. A skeleton will help you improve

Paul_Tromba

I'm a stalker, plus i can read minds,

Also, you know exactly what i am talking about...so don't employ humor to save you
But employing humor to save my psyche is all I can do.

Paul_Tromba

Hmm, annoying. Very annoying. Have you been able to get enough exercise? Like sun and all?
I've been jogging 2 miles and doing 120 10 rep pull-ups every day. Eating plenty of fruit, meat, and vegetables and taking vitamins.

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
I think it would be cool once they drain the city, they find no remnants of the golems except vaguely humanoid-shaped features, like an unfinished hand or an arm molded out of wet clay by some strange-looking pottery wheels. And the thing that activates the golems to come to life is a kiln hidden somewhere in the city and the golems will only come to life if a command word is spoken to the kiln sparking it to life.

Then the golem masses and just clay blobs covered in glaze (that is basically clay paint by the way) with lumber and slither into the giant fiery kiln, the maw of the furnace will close with clay inside of it. After a few hours the furnace gates will open up again and a seemingly endless army of golems come marching out.

Paul_Tromba

I think it would be cool once they drain the city, they find no remnants of the golems except vaguely humanoid-shaped features, like an unfinished hand or an arm molded out of wet clay by some strange-looking pottery wheels. And the thing that activates the golems to come to life is a kiln hidden somewhere in the city and the golems will only come to life if a command word is spoken to the kiln sparking it to life.

Then the golem masses and just clay blobs covered in glaze (that is basically clay paint by the way) with lumber and slither into the giant fiery kiln, the maw of the furnace will close with clay inside of it. After a few hours the furnace gates will open up again and a seemingly endless army of golems come marching out.
That sounds epic.