Bad writers block. I need help!

Agentt

Thighs
I've been jogging 2 miles and doing 120 10 rep pull-ups every day. Eating plenty of fruit, meat, and vegetables and taking vitamins.
That sounds lovely. When did the cold start? Also, has the war been burdening on you?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
That sounds lovely. When did the cold start? Also, has the war been burdening on you?
It technically started on Wednesday when I got black mold poisoning but then I got better and on Saturday morning my throat started hurting. The war has not been a burden on me yet.

Agentt

Thighs
It technically started on Wednesday when I got black mold poisoning but then I got better and on Saturday morning my throat started hurting. The war has not been a burden on me yet.
The lil yet at the end worries me.
*hugs*
Can't do anything about a little fungi now, can we? Just rest and be happy, I don't want any dark circles on you

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
That sounds epic.
They could be like some sort of ancient super soldiers, that can only really be destroyed by either the flames of the kiln that made them or a command word that cause the life that was breathed into them to leave its body. Otherwise, no matter how much they are broken, shattered, stomped, etc. Or when a command word is said the golems, all meld together into one big monstrous golem. To show their immortality the shards will always come back and mold together.

That way they will feel like an actual ancient super soldier army.

Paul_Tromba

The lil yet at the end worries me.
*hugs*
Can't do anything about a little fungi now, can we? Just rest and be happy, I don't want any dark circles on you
I always have dark circles. Haven't been able to get rid of them since I was 14. Have been asked what kind of makeup I use for it by so many people that I've just started answering them with the word "Suffering" before walking away.
They could be like some sort of ancient super soldiers, that can only really be destroyed by either the flames of the kiln that made them or a command word that cause the life that was breathed into them to leave its body. Otherwise, no matter how much they are broken, shattered, stomped, etc. Or when a command word is said the golems, all meld together into one big monstrous golem. To show their immortality the shards will always come back and mold together.

That way they will feel like an actual ancient super soldier army.
I like the idea of them melding back together but I think that having them as OP soldiers would be too much for the story. It would make it too difficult for me to have the enemy army fight them on equal grounds without some deus ex machina. Though I like where this going.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
Basically, I've had writer's block for about a month where I can't figure out how I'm supposed to implement the next part of my story. I've already tried taking a break from it and working on something else and I've made an entire chapter focusing on other characters. Now I have to go back to the characters I'm having the most trouble with.

To summarize what is going on, The MC and his friends have just been given permission to summon the army of golems left underneath the ancient city in order to help retake another nation from a coup de ta. They just finished forcing the ancient city to rise out of the swamp it was in before and no one actually knows where the activation switch for the golems is. It's somewhere in the city though and they have some ideas about where it is but I need help with it. Where do you think that the activation switch should be and how do you think it should activate? Should the golems rise up from the earth dramatically or should they be statues scattered all around the city ruins? Could really use some ideas and anything would be helpful... Except for sex scenes. It is neither the time nor the place.
Statues scattered around the ruins would be better since it would make them seem like sentries that are ready to react to any threat imo.

Paul_Tromba

Statues scattered around the ruins would be better since it would make them seem like sentries that are ready to react to any threat imo.
I thought about that. It would definitely fit. Any thoughts on how to activate them?

Agentt

Thighs
always have dark circles. Haven't been able to get rid of them since I was 14. Have been asked what kind of makeup I use for it by so many people that I've just started answering them with the word "Suffering" before walking away.
Bad! Bad boy!

Mellohwa

Magic 8-ball they say
I thought about that. It would definitely fit. Any thoughts on how to activate them?
How about, solving a Rubik's Cube to activate the golem? But, instead of solving it with colors (how do you say it exactly, IDK), the MC needs to... (Me who experiencing a language block)

My point is; instead of color, a magic circuit would be more challenging.
P.s. sorry if it's messy

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I have my next short story outlined. I just don’t have it in me to write, I usually alternate interests every few months. Still like the forums though because I am lonely.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Introduce a deus ex machina?
I am not sure, but it has its advantages. This would easily circumvent your problem, and It may be abrupt, but this can also serve as a way to expand your story in the next arc or something.

Like say, you need to seek approval from the owner of the ancient city. It may be a lich, monster, a hidden boss of a certain organization, etcetera. It's up to you. Just my suggestion though, you can search for your past chapters for an unnoticeable side character who actually has a secret identity, you can also introduce him/her as a Deus ex machina. That way, it would have more depth. This is just my opinion, so please take it with a grain of salt.

Paul_Tromba

Bad! Bad boy!
I can't help it. Don't shame me for what I can't change!
Introduce a deus ex machina?
I am not sure, but it has its advantages. This would easily circumvent your problem, and It may be abrupt, but this can also serve as a way to expand your story in the next arc or something.

Like say, you need to seek approval from the owner of the ancient city. It may be a lich, monster, a hidden boss of a certain organization, etcetera. It's up to you. Just my suggestion though, you can search for your past chapters for an unnoticeable side character who actually has a secret identity, you can also introduce him/her as a Deus ex machina. That way, it would have more depth. This is just my opinion, so please take it with a grain of salt.
I have an alcoholic fallen angel who spends her days in regret while making alcohol for the entirety of the city with her simp assistant. She was the one who helped create the city in the first place so she could probably assist them.

Marunikyu

Most excellent anti-Marxist smut writer
Basically, I've had writer's block for about a month
Funny, I've had the same. I'm halfway done with a small 4k words chapter after an entire month... To think one time I wrote double that in a weekend. I went on my novel page and the last chapter was posted on the 7th... If one of my readers sees this, sorry bruh 🙏
I think some chapters are just that much harder to write, especially in genres where not every chapter is super entertaining or fun. It makes you admire those BS Chinese writers that repeat the same 20 or 50 chapters a hundred times to make a 20 million word novel.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Basically, I've had writer's block for about a month where I can't figure out how I'm supposed to implement the next part of my story. I've already tried taking a break from it and working on something else and I've made an entire chapter focusing on other characters. Now I have to go back to the characters I'm having the most trouble with.

To summarize what is going on, The MC and his friends have just been given permission to summon the army of golems left underneath the ancient city in order to help retake another nation from a coup de ta. They just finished forcing the ancient city to rise out of the swamp it was in before and no one actually knows where the activation switch for the golems is. It's somewhere in the city though and they have some ideas about where it is but I need help with it. Where do you think that the activation switch should be and how do you think it should activate? Should the golems rise up from the earth dramatically or should they be statues scattered all around the city ruins? Could really use some ideas and anything would be helpful... Except for sex scenes. It is neither the time nor the place.
How much of an importance do you want the search for activation switch to be?

Ai-chan would make an entire arc about it. An adventure to decipher clues from previous encounters and found artifacts, then go to find the key, only to realize that it's a red herring or they found something useful, but not something they have immediate use for. Eventually they managed to gather enough of the clues to decipher that the enemy king from generations before actually already found the site where the key was hidden and kept it in his treasury, not knowing that it's actually the key because it looked like just a beautiful and huge gemstone. So to activate the golems, they need to sneak into the enemy treasury and somehow get around their greed to steal precious artifacts from the treasury and go straight to The Key. Because you know, everything is boobytrapped and the moment someone touch something, the alarm sounds and the first person touching it is frozen on the spot for hours. So you only really can take one item and you have to sacrifice someone to take it.

As for the activation event of the golems. Make it so that the enemy is aware that the protagonist is trying to activate the golem after they stole The Key. Maybe they finally realize what the gemstone was for. So they send waves after waves of monsters trying to break through to the control platform before the key can arrive. It will be up to the woefully under-equipped and horrible outnumbered defense force to stop the enemy from rushing through. Then just as one of the important character is about to be killed in her doomed last stand, the protagonist activates the golems.

The city shakes, the sky quakes as a beam of light is fired into the sky, creating a maelstrom that reaches all the way into orbit. Everyone is shocked and everyone is spooked, and this buys the defensive army precious time to regroup and launch the counterattack under the leadership of the mortally wounded but still spirited General Waifu. But they don't need to fight anymore. From the sky, numerous fireballs numbering in the thousands fell through the clouds and smashed into the monsters sent to attack the city.

When the dust clears, what stands from the smoky crater are the battle golems. The battle golems were never in the city, they were staying still in the sky, waiting for the order to mobilize that never came. And now that the order has arrived, they moved forth to wipe out their master's enemies. We're saved! Hooray for the golems!