best tags for stories

JustKidding

does anyone know what tags are the best for stories to gain traction and an audience?

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Whatever fits the story you're writing.
Isekai and gender bender though

fluffypie374

Smut was a very, very good tag. Just adding that gave me 500+ viewers a day... even though I had absolutely no smut for my story until well into 50+ chapters... (which hasn't even been released). :blob_sir:

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Gender bender. It’s rare I read a non GB story on SH, and if I do it’s usually me snooping to see what the stories of forum users are all about.

JustKidding

aw man, i dont write smut. ill try to incorporate GB into the story though. thanks guys

twotwoka

GL, GB, Smut. If you combine those three you get the usual popular stuff here.

But Yandere is extremely popular. Don't sleep on it.

ElijahRyne

A Hermit that is NOT that Lazy…
does anyone know what tags are the best for stories to gain traction and an audience?
Sports, even if it has less than 200 stories. Don’t think too hard about this suggestion, I am correct here. 100% with no doubt the most popular genre on ScribbleHub, followed by mecha and horror. Then you have Action, Adventure, Isekai, Gl, and GB tied for a far distant 4th place.

BouncyCactus

Wearer of Dozen Facades
do i need the sexual content warning if my character is running around naked?
Personally, I would, even if the whole thing isn't sexual, just to be safe. If it is just Nudity, then I would give the reader a head-up at the beginning, something along the lines of "This chapter contains non-sexual depictions of nudity" or something like that (editing Cactus here, how in the infernal hell did I forgot an entire word???)

Last edited: