Books with amazing writing style

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
Share with me the book(s) with the best style you've read. If you could, share a fragment of it to help me decide which ones to buy.

I consider it's time for me to delve into the subject, to explore different styles to study and figure out how I want my own to be.

Yorth

Swordman
If we're talking prose, then I guess Wheel of Time? It has the prose of classic fantasy while also having much of its modern elements.

Jemini

I would like to know what you mean by style really. If you want something EXTREMELY different from the style we see today, I would suggest Bram Stoker's "Dracula," the original source of all the vampire lore.

He writes in a diary style, which is pretty much the literary equivalent of found footage videos like "The Blair Witch Project." Basically, a story told as though it's a collection of diary entries from a few different people's diaries, as though you are someone trying to piece together these events from the things written by the people who actually experienced it. It was pretty popular at the time Dracula was written, but not so much today. It's also told from the POV of multiple different characters.

There are still authors today who make use of the diary style, although that's only for short little entries and not for the entire book like they used to and like was done with Dracula.

Moctemma

Learning about this writing stuff
I would like to know what you mean by style really
Just the way it was written. I have only read the stories on this site and translations of Japanese and Chinese novels, so I lack examples about it from English books. I have read lots of books in Spanish, but it's not the same.

I got some books already, but I wanted to see different examples, to have more variety.