Can booze help us write novels better

Angeline2403

I think boozing helps me write novels better is it the same for you guys??

Deeprotsorcerer

Skeletal Eromancer
Don't make it a crutch, it can get you loosy goosey when you have writer's block, but you still have to should still edit your stuff later. If you make it a habit, that lizard brain part of us that likes to make associations feel like the word of God can make it feel like you must drink to write well. That's just expensive for your pocket and your liver.

Last edited:

AnnonBee

I am not sure about booze, but diluting the consciousness does help to make the flow of the storry much better. Though the grammatical error increase, it does help to boost the speed.
P.S. I write smut.😋

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Booze helps me write but it depends. Some booze makes me tired while others make me want to write all night. Though I have gone on writing binges from drinking too much and having a ton of motivation. The bad news is that you better be ready for the hangover that comes with it. There is also the editing that will need to be done as writing while drinking can result in a lot of misspellings and grammar problems.

Though I have stopped drinking for a bit since it was becoming a problem as all things are when not taken in moderation.

Last edited:

Angeline2403

Don't make it a crutch, it can get you loosy goosey when you have writer's block, but you still have should still edit your stuff later. If you make it a habit, that lizard brain part of us that likes to make associations feel like the word of God can make it feel like you must drink to write well. That's just expensive for your pocket and your liver.
I guess I will use booze as an last resort when I am experiencing writers block because I love my liver 😅😂

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I guess I will use booze as an last resort when I am experiencing writers block because I love my liver 😅😂
Good choice. I may have an iron liver but most others don't so it's probably best to leave it as a last resort.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
Is this thread in Artist > Request because you're drunk lmao?!

I think being drunk can be useful for very specific stage of the creation process but not all stages!

Sometimes writing and drawing feel as complicated as coding something on computer. It's not enough to bring new lines of codes, they need to work together. Don't forget to clean up the unused variables such as "family" "mentor figure" and "friends" with a 9mm in the head in front of the MC.

Deeprotsorcerer

Skeletal Eromancer
Is this thread in Artist > Request because you're drunk lmao?!

I think being drunk can be useful for very specific stage of the creation process but not all stages!

Sometimes writing and drawing feel as complicated as coding something on computer. It's not enough to bring new lines of codes, they need to work together. Don't forget to clean up the unused variables such as "family" "mentor figure" and "friends" with a 9mm in the head in front of the MC.
9mm may not be enough, gotta follow up with a flamethrower then some form of planar banishment to make sure they don't come back and their souls can't empower the MC.

Even if you know a little necromancy, I'd recomend that you not turn them into undead thralls, it may work in the short term, but they have a nasty habit of regaining their free will just long enough to ruin your plans.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Write drunk, edit sober!
When I got pregnant and stopped drinking completely, it got harder to write. When my son popped out of me and started sucking on my nipples, it got impossible to write.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
Absinthe makes the world speak to me. Write while buzzed is the best option. Don't just be drunk the entire time. Moderation with little meats and cheese.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Boozing makes you write incoherent stories. Don't settle for mediocre, go overboard to excellence. Pour some vodka, add some crystal meth, some cocaine and what we call horse fire (methylphenidate). You will be writing like a closet-lesbian nun possessed by the devil of the 7th circle furiously stripping naked all the hot and non-hot sisters at the convent.

This is neither a medical advice nor a legal advice.