Community Here Is So Nice

Owl_

Yeah you wont get far if you listen to every dick who calls your story a copy. Doesnt even matter if it is. I say let people fucking enjoy themselves. Dunno why anyone feels the need to ruin stuff.

"Oh thats just a copy paste of this novel, go read that one instead"

Its like, " bitch. Fuck you. I dont wanna read it. In fact Imma read THIS one just to spite you."

You know? I dont give a fuck if the story isnt original. I like what i like. You telling me what i should like and read instead is just gonna piss me off

Anyway yeah. Good going dude.

Fuck the haters, write what you like.
Exactly. Dude, just remember to firstly always have fun when doing it.

I believe that's one of the most important steps when doing things you like.

As said, no matter what you do, they are people that will still find a way to bash your work just because they can.

Only you know how much thought and effort you put into your craft, so best to ignore the haters knowing this fact.

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
I remember a thousand years ago I posted my first story on RR and got PANNED because the girl in the story called her teacher Sensei -_-

Oh shit... I'm done for even before publishing the first chapter... :blobrofl:

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
My experience here has been quite positive as well. Though I haven't been posting either of my stories on any other websites to have a comparison. The readers are also pretty interactive with comments and on polls I set up, so that is pretty nice. I like getting people to think about things.

LilithFairen

It's an isekai novel and you know every isekai is a copy of one or the other like we have OP MC, beautiful maid who calls MC master, saving some village/town, fantasy world, guilds, adventurers, dungeons, kingdoms and so on.
Since when do isekai readers complain about every isekai being the exact same story?

Ral

People overstates originality. I remember that time when Pixar's Inside Out come out and there was memes about how unoriginal it was. Yes, it was not original! So is almost everything else! Though, the people's issue with lack of originality is something I can understand but not in the way they think.

What I think is this is a problem of lack of variety. I don't mind if it is not really being original (especially if it did a good job with what it is working with), but even if I like certain stuff, I could still get tired of it. You are writing in a very saturated genre. Just imagine if all movies are Superman movies or Superman clones, then a new movie comes out and it is another Superman movie or clone. Everyone who have seen all these Superman movies and clones can't really be enthusiastic about seeing another one. And here is what I think why people is complaining lack of originality. It is not so much as lack of originality but lack of variety. You are doing what practically what everyone (of that genre) is doing.

Last edited:

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
Man, I envy you, but congratulations on reaching trending #1... Keep writing as you love much as you can,

ForestDweller

So I wrote my first novel and posted it on a few sites including this one. Many people on other sites reviewed and commented that this is copy of 'that novel' 'this' novel. It's an isekai novel and you know every isekai is a copy of one or the other like we have OP MC, beautiful maid who calls MC master, saving some village/town, fantasy world, guilds, adventurers, dungeons, kingdoms and so on. Yes, there were also people who supported me but still, it hurts reading negative comments and low ratings despite putting so much effort to write a single short chapter. But people here on ScribbleHub were so supportive, they motivated me since the first day I posted chapters. They commented on my chapters, thanked me for posting, appreciated my novel, gave me good suggestions to improve my novel, and pointed out some mistakes I made but most of all they enjoyed the novel. (There were still a few people who gave 1 and 2 stars for no reason xD) Now, my novel is on Trending #1 right now. Thanks everyone for the support. Probably nobody cares about reading this thread but I just wanted to let out my feelings xD

I really want to add a maid character to my isekai harem novel. But alas, I don't have a good character concept for her.

PandaSempai

I really want to add a maid character to my isekai harem novel. But alas, I don't have a good character concept for her.
Add a character like Grayfia Lucifuge. A cold, kuudere, and job focused girl. Look her up in the net. These kinds of maids have always been a hit. Idk why. However, I do know that kuuderes are great.

ForestDweller

Add a character like Grayfia Lucifuge. A cold, kuudere, and job focused girl. Look her up in the net. These kinds of maids have always been a hit. Idk why. However, I do know that kuuderes are great.

I already have a maid like that actually but she really is just a side character and not part of the harem in the slightest.

I'm not sure if I like that archetype either to be honest.