Recommendations Dark Sci-fi and Fantasy Novels

CGiverny

Hi

So, I haven't really been active on Scribblehub (life and all), but I have a little time now so I wanted to be a little more active. Anyway, I'm looking for dark sci-fi and fantasy novels to read. Anti-hero, villain type stories. Even if you have sci-fi or fantasy books without the darkness (I guess), that's fine, but they have to have a decent plot and story.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
I will be shameless once and plug my two stories in my signature here. I can't say that they contain the anti-hero or villain stories you are asking for but they are fantasy and sci-fi stories. Of course if they are not to your tastes going by their synopsis alone, feel free to ignore me :blobthumbsup:

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
Sorry to shamelessly promote my little story here. If you like dark fantasy and science fiction I would love it if you give my story a shot. No anti-hero or villain protagonist though.

LORD_SHAXX

Shame less plug. I feel like my story fits that bill

Chaosvalnir

Hi

So, I haven't really been active on Scribblehub (life and all), but I have a little time now so I wanted to be a little more active. Anyway, I'm looking for dark sci-fi and fantasy novels to read. Anti-hero, villain type stories. Even if you have sci-fi or fantasy books without the darkness (I guess), that's fine, but they have to have a decent plot and story.
My "In the Claws of Rage" series covers both dark scifi/fantasy as well as antiheroine archetype packed into a loose military sci-fi as well as psychological plot.

LilRora

Mostly formless
Check out those if you haven't yet, they don't all have the anti-hero/villain lead, but are all pretty dark, amazing stories:
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/74472/katalepsis/ //urban fantasy, gl, with a lot of horror and dark moments.
https://www.royalroad.com/profile/78901/fictions //author of Bioshifter and Vigor mortis among others, an urban fantasy gl with horror and a dark fantasy with more or less anti-hero lead.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/216715/rend/ //something similar to urban fantasy, but not quite, depicting a psychopath in a very interesting way.
https://www.scribblehub.com/series/181517/were-not-so-different-you-and-i/ //a very unusual sci-fi, one of the best books I've read; not exactly dark, but I think it qualifies.

Immortal_17

My MC from Reborn As The Villain is pretty anti-hero especially in the latest chapters. You can check it out if you want.

Gibbs505

My book "Return".
The MC is sought for a murder, is on the run and joins the pirates!

StrongArm

Check out Inexorable Chaos. It has a lot of chapters.

I didnt write it. Quasi Eludo is the author

The MC is an Anti-hero.

In_Sanity

Hi

Try this- specially curated for people who want to see a heinous mc do heinous things to people. Trust me- I'm the writer.
In Human Skin | Scribble Hub

proxybaba

Hi

its ongoing but it fits the bill since I am into the same tags

OP1000

I think the story 'The Chimeric Ascension of Lyudmila Springfield' might be to your liking. It gets dark real fast for the main character within the first few chapters of the story. The main character is also a pretty ruthless person after being reborn. There will be a good amount of smut that the main character will be involved in as the story progresses, but those moments do not interfere with the plot of the story. It also involves girls love and genderbender elements.

The Privateer has a lot of darkness in it. Corruption, slavery, genocide, and a whole lot of violence. It's more of a Space Opera Adventure than a Dark Fantasy, though, especially since the main cast have a Firefly style found family thing going. Still, it's a solid series that gets darker and more complicated as it goes on. Give it a try.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
You could check out my story "the supernatural case of an accidental time traveler."