Do we live in a simulation?

Agentt

Thighs
My mother once bought a new phone.
My cousin was around here at the time, so he asked me how are the speakers in that thing.

So, I opened YouTube, and asked,
"What song you wanna play?"

And he said,
"Just play any royalty free music."

That incident has still stuck to me,

Why royalty free music?

Who would copy right claim us playing some music in our house??

I just don't understand why would he even want to listen to copy right free music???

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
... I thought that personal use isn't a problem with copyright?

One can argue what personal use is, but in my opinion, just playing the music at one's house and not monetising it is personal use.

Unless you are planning to run a concert with said song and charge people to listen.

Oreo

Mmm, which is why squiggy was my daughter
Then selkie is your aunt

T.K._Paradox

Was Divided By Zero: Looking for Glovebox Jesus
If you want to get technical, we could be three-dimensional projections of fourth-dimensional people.

Like how our shadows are two-dimensional projections of us.

Aureoled

Elon musk once said there is 99.99% chance of us being in a simulation, however we all know that’s just Elon musk bs and we don’t truly know if advanced civilization over level 2 is possible without us facing the Great Wall of extinction that’ll wipe us all out in the future, thus us never being about to create Dyson sphere or something that can run the universe scale simulation, so the chances are 50/50 of us being in simulation, either such advance civilization is possible or not. It’s like trying to know if other sentient life forms exists on other planets, we don’t know if this is unique phenomenon that happened on earth, but there are possibilities that it is not since there are tons of habitable planets observed in our galaxy alone, and if other simulations or the real universe happens to operate on different universe sets, it might be easier to run such simulations, but we don’t know, so it’s just 50/50