Do you dream of writing

Nihilism

As the title says as you sleep do you dream of writing? And if so do you get ideas from it.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I try by thinking about my story before I fall asleep, but it never works out that way.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Ai-chan doesn't dream of writing. That would be like kind of a nightmare, don't you think? Not only you're taking time at day to write, you're also writing in your dreams. And worse, you won't even remember what you wrote in your dreams.

Ai-chan does take ideas from dreams. Practically all of Ai-chan's stories were based on dreams, whether individually or collectively. But that is based on another life, where Ai-chan lived a full life as a pirate in the high seas, a ship captain in a space fleet, a lawyer fighting for her way out of prison, a warrior being left for dead by her comrades, a mage who become overpowered, a scullery maid who dreams of a better life, an elf slave forced to serve the whims of her disgusting human master, a slave maid sacrificed to a tentacle monster and a seed bed for Cthullu.

The one about the seed bed for Cthullu, that was not a joke. Ai-chan is preparing the details for a story titled 'In Service of Evil' where the protagonist works as a maid for a prominent gentleman, only to find out later that there was no prominent gentleman. She has been living in that mansion on her own and guardians of humanity believed that SHE was the primordial evil instead.

Here is the description of the eldritch being she serves

Grmroths An'sanr, or Lord Gorm for short, as his name can't be spoken by human tongue, is a malevolent eldritch being who appears as a well-spoken man in his 40s. He entices young women to be his slaves and servants, forever bound in heart and soul to himself. While his human persona exists, his 'women' will never truly die and once his human persona dies, all his slaves will also die in short order. Even if his human persona is 'killed', there is a possibility of extending the lives of his favoured slaves for a few centuries, by infusing his essence into them, making them his familiars or 'children'.

He is also known as The Voice of the Deep Dark Abyss Who Seduces The Purest Maidens To Ruinous Fates Unfettered By Time. His true body lies deep under the Mariana Trench, covered by 2 kilometers of quartz and sand. To see even a glimpse of his true form makes a mortal go mad from their inability to understand what they are seeing. Their brains go on overdrive from trying to make sense of the vision before them until the maddening ache breaks them completely.

He is portrayed as gigantic hollow tree with numerous black tentacles for branches. The branches drip acidic ichor that melts anything upon contact and vaporizes into a mist when it falls on the ground. From his hollow trunk a full, deep voice hypnotizes everyone who hears it, beckoning them closer. As they enter the black myst, their skin starts to crack and peel, their blood seeps out as black smoke, further adding to the mist surrounding them while their flesh and muscles melt, leaving behind brittle white bones. They cannot die, they will not die, they will only suffer unending torment as the moment they enter the mist, they become his for eternity. Because of the acidic ichor constantly dripping from his branches, the field where he roots into is devoid of any form of life other than the gelatinous forms of former humans who had melted into blackish gooey flesh, forever tormented and unable to escape into death.

Lord Gorm is bound to his 'home' and cannot leave, but he can manipulate the world outside to bring about a desired outcome, such as seducing someone to come to him and do his bidding. His powers are greatest when it comes to seducing women and he gains particularly great pleasure from seducing pure or innocent women into breaking all manners of taboos. While his power over men is weak, he can make use of his female servants to seduce them in his name, effectively making the men his slaves as well, but without the eternal spiritual and mortal bonds he imparts on his female slaves. This means the men will not die when he is 'killed' and they will not live forever.

Apart from his powers of seduction, he also has the abilities of:
1. Warp reality, providing a temporary scene to deceive, seduce or torment a person
2. Pyromancy, allowing him to create, manipulate and snuff fire at will.
3. Gift-giving, allowing him to give a lesser copy of an aspect of his power
4. Immortality, he can't die from old age, nor can he be killed by anything in existence. His human form can only be killed by the self-sacrifice of 3 of his female slaves, who will be dragged down to his true body to be melded and suffer an unimaginable torment forever.
5. Memory-altering, he can alter the memories of any human or animal but he abhor doing this as he enjoys breaking the free will of mortals.
6. Telepathy, he can read the minds of others and communicate through minds. He can tell whenever those bonded to him are attacked, though the connection is weak and slow unless they are his sworn servants.
7. Dream-weaving, he can manipulate the dreams of those who met him. Often this is used to weaken the resistance of maidens who come across him to make it easier for him to break them.
8. Hypnotism, he can hypnotize mortals into doing what he wishes them to do either through eye contact or by his voice and the target will think it was their own wish to do so. This power is not affected by technology and therefore he can easily hypnotize mortals through the phone.
9. Telekinesis, he can move things from afar.
10. Word of Life, he can breathe sentience into an object, living or inanimate. This power is useless on humans as they already have a will and sentience, but very useful on puppets, animals, furniture or undead. The effect is permanent. He use this on Sara's cat, making her think she's losing her mind talking to a cat.

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...

Attachments

• 0F7E114A-5879-4D04-810C-B30321ADF883.jpeg
    0F7E114A-5879-4D04-810C-B30321ADF883.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 27

Chaos_Sinner777

Imprisoned Soul Seeking Isekai
Sometimes I have bits an pieces of my story ideas pop into my dreams, and I've had a couple dreams that developed into story premises. But mostly I dream about familiar locations with lots of extra secret passageways, spacious rafters, or other interesting to explore places. Also sometimes I fly in my dreams even though I'm normally scared of heights? I dunno prolly some shit about reality being boring and me seeking boundless freedom or somethin'.

Jemini

My thoughts on when you should write a story state that you know the story is worth writing if you absolutely cannot get it out of your head. You think about the story concept every day. It haunts your waking moments before you go to sleep. And, the longer you put off writing it, the more the idea evolves.

When you see that happening as you roll a story concept over in your mind, that's when you know it's time to start getting it down in writing.

However, once I actually START writing a concept of that sort, that's what finally gets it OUT of my head. I don't really have it haunting my dreams anymore after I've started on it.

BlackKnightX

I don’t dream of writing, but there was one time I dreamed in books and novels—like, I’ve seen it in the combination of texts and images. It was a weird dream, but it makes sense. Back then, I‘d read a lot of books—like, all day long and only pause when I needed to do my daily routine. It wasn’t healthy, I know, but back then I was quite a book-maniac.

Wintertime

King of Nothing
I think of writing before going to sleep. Not particularly dreaming. And I don't think of "writing" in the literal sense, I think of plot points to write about. Like a money shot scenario, and then build around towards that arc.

Toripuru-S

Not about the actual "writing" part, but I have had grueling nightmares of getting doxxed and sparking public outrages about my novels 😭.
I think of writing before going to sleep. Not particularly dreaming. And I don't think of "writing" in the literal sense, I think of plot points to write about. Like a money shot scenario, and then build around towards that arc.
I do something like that too. Right before zoning out, I'll think about writing process stuff.

Last edited:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I do but then I used whatever I dreamed of writing for my writing the next day.

georgelee5786

2024 Shovel Duel Champion
As the title says as you sleep do you dream of writing? And if so do you get ideas from it.
I use a far more advanced technique. I imagine dreaming about writing while lying in bed and get ideas from that.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
I had a dream last night where I was in a wax museum fall of wax sculptures of people taking baths. I think I need help.