Do you even lift?

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
I do body weight and weighted Pilates with dumbbells. Occasionally do more traditional weights, but I haven’t felt up to it

ManwX

Im from a Timeline where nuclear war destroyed all
I can do three pulls and 10 push-ups. not sure if I can lift without practice. XD

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
I work in ironwork and I'm constantly lifting heavy stuff. My body is stout, and no matter what I do, my gut stays the same. 😬

Syringe

Bluetooth 7 Enabled Holy Blade w/ Red Dot Sight
Absolutely. Changed my life for the better. I used to be tired/have brain fog almost every day but through lifting I don't think I've had an episode since (for the better part of a year). The same goes for confidence.

XMOS

Going to the gym definitely took away the boredom from me, made me more active too. Besides it's good to exercise once in a while since all we writers do is sit in one place and type, type, type...

Lloyd

Professional Writer
Lifting is a slave activity and also extremely homosexual. Why get strong? So you can move heavy things for your betters? Your "masters" per say? Big oiled up muscles for manual labor? Working out with a bunch of hot sweaty dudes? That's just gay. Sorry women, but I'm not here to look sexy for you. You're here to look sexy for me.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
I can't imagine a writer working out
Doo eet. Join the swolelliance.

I wanted to be able to crush a muggers skull by squeezing it. Apparently, that's impossible even with the strongest man on Earth doing it... At least it staves off boredom. About 2 months away from calling it 2 years of weight training. I can lift about 150 above my head easy.

Started with 80s Superman, Christopher Reeve's workout that he used to get into the role (randomly came upon it online and figured, why not? got nothing else to do). Then incorporated some George Hackenschmidt routines from the Bronze era after 8 months. I've incorporated several smaller things to train specific muscle groups that I wasn't isolating the past year. Full workout takes about 2 hours now. Up from the 20-30 minutes at the beginning. No reason to start off slow if you can get the form down.

I recommend "The Way to Live", by George Hackenschmidt. Easy read. Straight to the point and incredibly simple to follow.

Raymann

Da_Villainess™ (¬‿¬)ψ
I push 5,970,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 kilograms of weight every day just after waking up and getting off my bed.
🦵🦵
Buff legs, people call me reverse Popeye.

DarkeReises

Ultimate Wankmaster, Jizzer of Universes
Yes, for the sole purpose of I think I'm weak as shit and need to fix this problem immediately. I need to begin to eat better so it works better tbh
I used to exercise for the same person back in the day. I've since lost my motivation lol, altho it was working. Now I'm fatter and more depressed, but have no will to do change that ahaha.

View attachment 21306
Hello Weary traveler. Come hither, take a seat. Rest your weary bones beneath the moon and bask in the warmth of my burning hopes and dreams. I hath a query for you, lads and lasses.

Does thou hoist? If so, for whomst and whasts? Share thy goals, fellow fiber destroyer and sore limb enjoyer. This friendly consumer of the protein and Follower of Whey is very much interested in hearing of your hardships and tales of staving off depressive thoughts. As a fellow member of the Iron Church, I seek those who too regularly step between the holy gates and conduct the ritual of moving metal circles.
I love how your language gradually changed to and from an old english style lol

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man
Used to be in a paramilitary whilst also doing martial arts. My dream is to become a buff, swole, hairy russian man that can fight or cuddle bears with my bear arms, but unfortunately, I lacked the genetics to accomplish that.
Now I'm just a shell of my former self. I still do some lift, but not too heavy since heavy work out is bad to those with extremely low blood pressure.

J_Chemist

Thine eyes hath been blessed. Ah, to see so many fellow movers of steel and flesh brings a salty, moist solution to my eyes.

To see I am not alone in this adventure is truly invigorating. May you visitors of the altars find your lifts challenging and your spines unbroken.

1693210513405.png

Jet

I spy quite epic messages from the topic starter!

I'm a seasoned athlete, I suppose. I got into meaningful working out back in Dec of 12. Same as everyone, I had great gains the first year too. It stopped then. I had been stuck in place for a year and a half. I was training wrong and not progressing in the main lifts. That's how I got into running in late spring of 14 and crossfit at the end of summer of 14. I continued going to the gym weekly, but the main focus had shifted till 18.

I peaked in those sports back in 2016. I ran 100km in 12h50m, performed 1k burpees and 1k squats. I also dominated my local box and I was deep in the top50 crossfit athletes of my city according to reebok's stats. I was running 400k a week, gymming once a week and working out extensively at home.

Then, another plateau and traumas followed. I hadn't even been able to properly walk for 2months. Anyway, I went back to the gym, as I finally started progressing again in 2016 too. I benchpress 157kg. And I'm currently one of the strongest in my gym. I suffer from back issues, so I haven't deadlifted for almost a year. I also suffer from shoulder pain. I had been training completely drug free for the first 9years. But these last two I've sometimes been taking creatine. I view it as more of a placebo.

Last edited: