Do you like your own personality? (Poll)

Do you like your own personality?

• Yes - I LOVE MYSELF!!!

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Yes - I'm happy with myself

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Yes - I'm good

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Yes - Sorta?

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • I'm neutral

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • No - Probably not?

• No - Not really

• No - I don't like my personality

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • No - I HATE MYSELF!!!

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • I'm unsure

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • I do not wish to respond

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters

minacia

perpetually sour
Out of curiosity, do you like yourself?

If yes/no, why or why not?

Why do you think your personality is the way that it is? Do you have any major influencers on your current personality?

If you're unsatisfied by your personality, would you ever consider trying to change yourself?

How do you draw the line between "self-improvement" and "acting like someone else?"

D

Deleted member 29316

Why do you think your personality is the way that it is? Do you have any major influencers on your current personality?

If you're unsatisfied by your personality, would you ever consider trying to change yourself?

How do you draw the line between "self-improvement" and "acting like someone else?"
2) I don't know if I'm really that likable. So I leave it to one's imagination, and let my actions speak for myself.

3) Well, I was bullied during my high school days (which is reflected in my writing, but often misunderstood). So when I became the one in position of authority, I told myself that bad things would stop with me, and instead pass on good things.

4) Yep. I'd definitely try and learn to say NO.

5) I used to act like someone else before. But I realized, I wanted my life to have some meaning, hence I strove to improve myself. Take note, improving one's self takes time, and wouldn't immediately take out the 'bad' in you, especially the thoughts. However, it's through consistent action that you'd know that you became the person that you wanted to become.

EternalSunset0

1. Not really, but I don't hate myself.

2. I have gotten comfortable with what I am over time. I hated it when I was young though, but somewhere around college, I cam around.

3. Family background and how I grew up in school. I live in a typical Oriental household (you know the stereotypes) and all the results that came out of it, and I wouldn't say that I'm the most popular guy in school ever since my elementary years. These did cause me to become a lot more withdrawn. I was actually quite outgoing and friendly, but somewhere down the line, I ended up being the class nerd and the guy who only exists if someone wants tutoring/to copy homework, so there's that. I figured it's a lot because of how I carry myself as a kid and the stuff that I liked, so I ended up finding comfort on the Internet.

4. I won't change a thing.

5. I don't. I haven't given self-improvement much thought tbh

summervaca99

I’m an odd mix of bubbly and neurotic, meek yet aggressive, so my own personality almost gives me whiplash haha. I’d like to be less anxious and more confident. Hoping college will help with the process~

tridetect

1) yeah, I'm a genius badass

2) Been through a lot and met a lot of people

3) I used to be a loner so I changed myself to accommodate the people I met. I strive to be as noble as past philosophers.

4) I rather focus on the better parts of myself so they overshadow the parts I dislike.

5) I put many others on a pedestal and wish to be like them. Later I realize they're just as flawed as I am.

Milk.Milkan

Me Milk, me smart.

I love myself very much thank you.
Only two persons just like me may be somehow bettah dan me.

Cuz...cuz? Me dunno.

My whole life is an influence in a way.
Me never stuck with da same people for long(cuz couldnt). Me met tons of different people with different personalities and different social statuses. Me seen good people and bad people. Me seen good deeds in bad deeds. In life and in media. And me also done tons of stuff. Good and bad. With people and things. So analyzing all dat shit made me be who i am in a way.

Well, me good so no.

Uuh...s t possible not to act urself? Well, me heard dat yes but me no know cuz me act myself always. Or me think dats called no act heh. Me just do what me do sometimes holding myself sometimes not.
As line between "self-improvement" and "acting like someone else" s hard do do cuz me never really done anything with both concepts but...
Lets say.
If ya change some of the ways you act so it will fit your new and better believes dan dat will be self-improvement.
If ya just change da way you act to look different, look like dat one someone else or just cuz u no really like da way you act(or someone else no like it) dan it will be acting like someone else.
OR lets do it more simple.
If ya change for urself, dats self-improve.
If ya change for someone else, dats act.

lilGoat

1. Although I sometimes have a hard time getting along with other people, and I am often the one to hinder my own progress in career/life in general. I enjoy my own company very much, and definitely infinitely more so than the company of others.

2. I have achieved success in several areas I aspired to with a lot of grit and hard work, so although I'd definitely be more successful if I was better with other humans, I'm still quite content with where I am currently.

3. Umm...That's hard to answer without full disclosure, I need a few more beers in me for that, sorry.

4. I was unsatisfied and I did change myself.

5. It's sometimes hard to differentiate, but, for me at least, my biggest beef with myself was discipline. Umm...I dunno if it's okay to say it on this forum (relatively new to forums tbh), but psychedelic drugs really helped me out. I do them sparingly, but they're pretty great if you want to just absolutely lose your shit for a while and build yourself up again. Definitely not for everyone though.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
Every day I wake up wondering what my life would be like if only I was more villainous.

Generik0

If you're unsatisfied with your personality, would you ever consider trying to change yourself?

1. Yes

2. I feel happy because I get to be an impulsive asshole while being able to help others.

3. Evolution

4 No. But if it is... Sure why not?
FB_IMG_1608266637232.jpg

5. The line is there. I get along with many cliques as I research before engaging in social actions. even though I am ugly I can say that I am generally liked outside the internet.

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?

No. While i don't think my personality is Bad, living at my current situation, its like sending a pacifist to a vietnam war with a gun and he needs to kill in order to survive.

Its only because of my enviroment. My place might be seen as good but i lived closer in the underworld than the outside and had seen too many terrible stuff people don't want to know.

Mainly because of my mother's influence. My father is basically a person who just provides stuff for us but is basically a scumbag(abandons his wife for his mistress, beats up his own children while trying to act nice to others, extorts money from us and basically just acts like a good father who think he is always right). My mother is a hard-working person who even though she's sick, she was always determined for the best of us and even for me who was not only talented and useless who wanted to die, she gave me a reason to not only to be kind for others but gave me a sole reason to live, not giving up live even if i get stabbed multiple times by people. I had to grow up stupid, talentless, useless and even worthless but she gave me hope and kindness to shape up myself to work harder than talented people, more determined to live even if i lost every limb on my body and even the goodness of this evil and cruel world. I learned so many life lessons than even an wise sage would basically kneel but i still keep up hope and determination that no matter what fck ups you did, how you are soiled or even abandoned by everyone, you can still climb up from the ground and never give up until you died. Thats why i hate myself for being like this.

Yes. It not might be all but at least let me remove my kindness to fit this world better. I have very useful skills in deciet, murder, arson and crime related skills but it is only my good will and morality keeping me from doing those things.

Self-improvement helps a person mature while acting as someone else is basically just wearing a mask. There is no line connecting to both as one makes you improve upon those strengths and weaknesses while the mask just hides your true self. The only connection between them is to give something to rely upon but it will differ from one another.

D

Deleted member 29316

1. Yes

2. I feel happy because I get to be an impulsive asshole while being able to help others.

3. Evolution

4 No. But if it is... Sure why not?
View attachment 5449

5. The line is there. I get along with many cliques as I research before engaging in social actions. even though I am ugly I can say that I am generally liked outside the internet.
I see 'Ika-6 na Utos' (The 6th Commandment), I laugh.

OkuraTsukiko

[Peace was never an option]
1. It's debatable, even for myself

2. I like myself cause I'm a very chill person and don't get angry that easily asides from being very forgiving.
I don't like myself cause I can't uphold a simple conflict or confrontation irl, and I can't even bring myself to be honest with myself

3. Probably from the conflicts I have in my life, most are from family. Basically by having to accept that I can't even be honest with my feelings around my parents. They would say when I'm on a depressing episode that I was being too emotional or a drama queen. They even used the phrase "do you need to go to therapy?" as some sort of threat. Growing up in such a household where you can't be accepted emotionally is what makes me more independent and rely on myself. That's why I likely to choose spending time with my friends and share some heart-to-heart talk with them rather than my own parents. And now, I think I really need therapy but I can't just say it out loud to my parents. Especially to my dad, he has done many fucked up things such as having an affair, bribing, trying drugs and etc. I didn't get any emotional support from him, one time I told him that I was depressed and desperately wanted support..... He just told me that I was being ungrateful and burst out of the house... Even he tells me that I can do things and he will support me... Where is it? Where is the "good job"? When will he be satisfied? I wanted to lash out and cry but my self-esteem pushed it downwards to where I can't let out my opinion in front of him. Remembering those things he had said to me and did really pushed me towards depression even more, until I stumble upon what is called self-harm... I was afraid if I tell others about how I feel, I would get lashed back like how my dad does to me...

sorry about my rant... I went a little bit too far there...

4. I would try... if only I wasn't judged if I wanted to be better

5. I would say I look up to many people as cool for their own personality and wished to be like them. But one thing for sure, wearing masks is a daily occurrence for me to my parents. I haven't given myself some self-improvement in a long time.

Vaxel00

I apparently rejected a girl one time when she said she loved me and I said I love me ,too. Apparently she was serious... I was serious ,aswell.

I'm an asshole and I'm proud of it, I wasn't always like this though, I learned the hard way that the meek get used and abused.

I had to make a lot of changes throughout my life, now I'm very comfortable with myself.

Self improvement is selfish by nature and self driven for the better, imitation is just a mask for insecurity.

lehur

I like my girlfriends than myself (I hardly had selfie like other people in our planet)

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
1. Not really. At a surface level the answer is no, but if I think about it I realize that I don't like me at all.

2. There's lots of bad traits I got.

...No, not really. I wouldn't say I'm lazy. I'm not malicious, and I have good grades too.

The real reason I don't like me is how I interact with the world. Growing up I didn't have anyone I would really call friend, and I literally spent most of recess either swinging or wandering around. I still don't have friends. Not really, I think. On that note I'm pretty sure I have some kind of social anxiety or something, but whatever. (Adding this in after finishing the rest but that anxiety is also there on the internet, and coupled with awkwardness means that I don't have any online friends either.)
But I'm not lonely. Bored, mostly. And even then I have the internet to keep me company.

Also, I don't think I care about my life enough. I don't have any plan for the future, any career path I want, or desire to work towards those things. My parents have had talks about divorce and I just don't care at all. I've thought about it too and I probably wouldn't feel too bad if my parents or siblings died. Thought about suicide (not seriously.) just because I feel that life is a bother. That existing is too much work, and that it would be easier to jump.
That's not a good way to think, I'm pretty sure.

3. The internet, probably. The internet, Youtube, and video games. Access to those growing up coupled with whatever reason I never made friends in kindergarten, whatever it was.

4. I don't think I could seriously put in the work to change. Knowing me, I'd change when I get to the point where I realize that "huh, this is pretty bad," and then just change. But I don't think I can work towards changing myself.

5. Self improvement is when you change in front of yourself. Acting as someone else is when you have an audience. It's just whether you're doing it for yourself, or doing it for someone else.

*Finishes speaking*
"uhhh...

haha don't take this too seriously >u<."

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Everyone I love has influenced me in some way. I believe that not loving myself would be an insult to them.

As my dad likes to say: "One monkey is no monkey."