Do you only post your stories on scribblehub?

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
No... why? I am trying to grind a LOT of experiences and survey the general appreciated and abominated plot outline, style of writing, neutral category, general vocabularies while improving my writing skills so I can bring out the LIMIT to how much I can make dominance to my own story.

Though, in fact, I do write different stories to different sites because I'd like to stay dynamic and let my reader consider what story is the best. Of course, as of now, some do become successful on their own parts while the others become under shadowed by other stories. I would say, I recommend many authors to do the same - to those industrious enough to really want to improve!

deltanz

Vanguard Squad
I post here, RR and on Fanfiction since all of my stories are Fanfiction based. I started only on FF and have branched out since and occasionally post on AO3 but that one is rare.

Jessie_Emilyn

Just here for now, I guess I know I should expand but nerves and also having to look up rules for other sites, multiple uploading, etc puts me off it a lot...

EternalSunset0

I post on Wattpad. It's actually my main site, although I feel SH has it a lot better in terms of story visibility and the other stuff that I enjoy spending time on, like the Glossary.

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall
I post on writing.com and WritersCafe in addition to the other sites mentioned. I got banned from Wattpad, though.
What did you do that got you banned? If you don't mind me asking.

D

Deleted member 45782

When I used to use Wattpad 2-3 years ago there was loads of smut on the front page and recommended list so that shouldn't have been a problem I think.
Yeah that too. There was a bunch of smut already. I remember she said she wrote slut whore stories and thats about it and maybe they got jealous she won many awards there? Idk.

CL

So I was thinking of ways to get more people to read my story and so I asked around, it turns out I'm allowed to post my story on other sites. However I was wondering if people actually did that, that's why I'm making this thread.
Oh, okay.
Do you only post your stories on SH?
No.
If no, why and where else do you post your stories?
The why is because of my co-author having an attachment to here and those places. She's got a lot of stories there, here, and elsewhere. More stories than I ever could write up (she was rather "prolific" with writing incomplete novels), but what we accomplished is this way over there and here. "My Child" is found in two chapters on TGStorytime, but found only as a single chapter on Quill Heaven and Scribblehub as "completed". The rest of that story (it is much-much longer) is a complete mess of confusion. My co-author wasn't healthy in the head (brain cancer) in her final year on this earth, but she wouldn't stop writing. I still don't follow what she wrote and that is partially why I haven't published the massive chunk of what followed Chapter 1. I suppose that is why I am having difficulty writing anything for myself; it's traumatizing remembering how far gone she was when that was written. It's been five days since I visited her grave and I wa severely in high hopes a passing of a year since her death would've been long enough for me to... I don't know. I actually wrote stuff here, but I kept deleting it because none of it felt honest. I, truthfully, feel that I am not me anymore.

Moving on (and back on the topic), I do have another published story. It isn't here (not yet) because I haven't followed it up after writing the first chapter. I did offer it to another author as an addition to a short story collection by a group of authors. That collection had been published on several other novel websites, but this one not being one of them. I don't know why that is because I hadn't a choice on where the collection was being published. I had contributed and that was it. That was the last time I wrote any type of story.

I want to write again. I miss it. This being writing stories before trying to live beside and care for true, unrealistically real, and horrific insanity of someone I couldn't stop loving that wasn't just in pain but terrorized of the thought that she was dying. She could no longer consciously acknowledge her capability to reason was gone. She kept writing and she wanted to tell me something and I didn't stay to listen to what she was going to say. She wouldn't tell me when I asked, she just wanted me to stay by her side until she could form the thought in her head to say it right. She wasn't capable of doing that anymore and I said goodbye. That is why this (writing and reading) is difficult for me. If I did resume writing, I don't know if I could keep it consistent without the interruption of this... Whatever this is.

Please forgive me for the off-topic(ish) rant about my burden with writing.

Reisinling

Don't limit yourself to only one site.
I assume some people are just too lazy to upload to multiple sites (look- me), It would be different If I decided to set up a patreon, then I would spread as much as possible.

Though there is an argument to be made, that expanding slowly makes sure that you get higher in rankings at any given site (as in, having 400 readers on SH seems better than having 100 on RR, 100 on WP, 100 on SH and 100 on WN), but I might be wrong

Sylvie

Those days are gone, now the memory's on the wall
I assume some people are just too lazy to upload to multiple sites (look- me), It would be different If I decided to set up a patreon, then I would spread as much as possible.

Though there is an argument to be made, that expanding slowly makes sure that you get higher in rankings at any given site (as in, having 400 readers on SH seems better than having 100 on RR, 100 on WP, 100 on SH and 100 on WN), but I might be wrong
Your readers rarely split up completely among multiple sites unless your story is really famous (In which case objective achieved). Even if you post simultaneously the numbers would probably be more like 300 on SH instead of 400 and 100 each of the other sites even if it doesn't pick up as much as on SH. So overall it will definitely increase.

D

Deleted member 45782

Oh, okay.

No.

The why is because of my co-author having an attachment to here and those places. She's got a lot of stories there, here, and elsewhere. More stories than I ever could write up (she was rather "prolific" with writing incomplete novels), but what we accomplished is this way over there and here. "My Child" is found in two chapters on TGStorytime, but found only as a single chapter on Quill Heaven and Scribblehub as "completed". The rest of that story (it is much-much longer) is a complete mess of confusion. My co-author wasn't healthy in the head (brain cancer) in her final year on this earth, but she wouldn't stop writing. I still don't follow what she wrote and that is partially why I haven't published the massive chunk of what followed Chapter 1. I suppose that is why I am having difficulty writing anything for myself; it's traumatizing remembering how far gone she was when that was written. It's been five days since I visited her grave and I wa severely in high hopes a passing of a year since her death would've been long enough for me to... I don't know. I actually wrote stuff here, but I kept deleting it because none of it felt honest. I, truthfully, feel that I am not me anymore.

Moving on (and back on the topic), I do have another published story. It isn't here (not yet) because I haven't followed it up after writing the first chapter. I did offer it to another author as an addition to a short story collection by a group of authors. That collection had been published on several other novel websites, but this one not being one of them. I don't know why that is because I hadn't a choice on where the collection was being published. I had contributed and that was it. That was the last time I wrote any type of story.

I want to write again. I miss it. This being writing stories before trying to live beside and care for true, unrealistically real, and horrific insanity of someone I couldn't stop loving that wasn't just in pain but terrorized of the thought that she was dying. She could no longer consciously acknowledge her capability to reason was gone. She kept writing and she wanted to tell me something and I didn't stay to listen to what she was going to say. She wouldn't tell me when I asked, she just wanted me to stay by her side until she could form the thought in her head to say it right. She wasn't capable of doing that anymore and I said goodbye. That is why this (writing and reading) is difficult for me. If I did resume writing, I don't know if I could keep it consistent without the interruption of this... Whatever this is.

Sorry to hear that. 😔

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
What did you do that got you banned? If you don't mind me asking.
I entered my smutty story in too many contests . . . and won some of them!
Sunset.png Ruby.jpg Hooked.jpg circle-cropped (4).png 3.CERBERUS.PNG Coronation.jpg Cupid Awards.jpg Gem Awards.jpg Sun3rdPlace02.png IMG_5197.jpeg

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
So I was thinking of ways to get more people to read my story and so I asked around, it turns out I'm allowed to post my story on other sites. However I was wondering if people actually did that, that's why I'm making this thread.

Do you only post your stories on SH? If yes, why? If no, why and where else do you post your stories?
Yes, Ai-chan posted Ai-chan's stories on other sites as well. After all, SH has only been around for 2 years while Ai-chan has been around for about 5. Ai-chan's first stories were posted on bigclosetr.us, a stories website mostly for gender bender and lesbian/gay themed stories. Then Ai-chan posted some stuff on Royalroad. Ai-chan also posted on storiesonline and Ai-chan's old, no longer used, but still open blog.

morhamza

Oh, okay.

No.

So sorry to hear about your co-author. I pray and truly hope that you one day feel comfortable writing again. So sorry for your loss.

I mostly posted on Ao3 nowadays.

i love that i can write as much loli in explicit scenarios as i want, while i might get banned in every other sites.