Do you read your webnovels?

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
After writing or completing your works. Do you read them and say "Man, this MC is trash. I hope he dies" or "this woman is so damn beautiful"

Or do you proofread them and get done with it and read other peoples works?

SailusGebel

I only have a single novel that I'm currently writing, and I'm writing it for almost a year now. Recently I was rereading it to re-edit everything and freshen up my memories so that there won't be too many plotholes. I don't read them as if they are written by someone else, as it happens in the process of writing.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Not really. If I go re-read, it's because I need to remember something that isn't in my notes.

On rare times I go back to reading something I wrote years back for a roleplay, but that's just because the roleplay had sentimental value to me~

JayDirex

After writing or completing your works. Do you read them and say "Man, this MC is trash. I hope he dies" or "this woman is so damn beautiful"

When I'm writing a novel, I will read it an un-countable amount of times. Afterwards, maybe once a year I may skim through it. But if I look too hard I will just wind up editing it more, instead of enjoying it.

LordAstrea

Catgirl Addict
Yes, I do reread my story, but not necessarily for my own entertainment. Mostly to find mistakes, stuff for continuity, character development, pacing, etc.
But I will let out the occassional fanboy cry of, "I love mah catgirls so merch."

KoyukiMegumi

Kitty
I always read my stories multiple times before I even publish the chapter. Every time it is for errors/editing. Though I always enjoy it too. BUT there is always a mistake to find as well.:sweating_profusely:

morhamza

It is impossible to reread what I wrote and be struck by wonder the way my readers would. It is my story, I wrote it, that takes away any sort of entertainment I might've gotten had someone else wrote it.

When I reread my story, only technical errors appear out of ordinary. Just today I reread an earlier chapter and found out I'd called my MC by his friend's name. Things like that.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
I always read my stories multiple times before I even publish the chapter. Every time it is for errors/editing. Though I always enjoy it too. BUT there is always a mistake to find as well.:sweating_profusely:
Why's the text green? Is it an... error that you need to edit...? :blob_hmm_two:

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I don't usually re-read, but I think I may have to when my baby lets me start writing again. I worry about getting too far out of the zone.

D

Deleted member 45782

would probably proofread or read so can think of how to rewrite/reddit it better. then go on read other people stories.

skillet

a frying pan
there are a few works of mine floating out there (not on this site) that I wrote a long, long time ago, and sometimes I do like to go back and reread them, just because it's surprisingly fun to. But that has to take about 2 years of not looking at it for me to be able to just enjoy them lol :D

EternalSunset0

I do, for the one I collab'd with someone with. It's on another site.

I do get irked with the grammar errors or the typos and stuff that I find like 3 or 4 years after the whole story's done. Still, I generally find myself contented with the story that my friend and I spat out and unironically like some parts of it very much. My only regret is that I wished we could have finished that story as a whole and not left it hanging after the arc that functions as the midway point of the story.

Derin_Edala

I read once after updloading as a final error check, and occasionally have to go reread chapters for details that I forgot to record elsewhere. I don't read my own works for enjoyment, I've already gotten everything out of them that I can.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I do, for the one I collab'd with someone with. It's on another site.

I do get irked with the grammar errors or the typos and stuff that I find like 3 or 4 years after the whole story's done. Still, I generally find myself contented with the story that my friend and I spat out and unironically like some parts of it very much. My only regret is that I wished we could have finished that story as a whole and not left it hanging after the arc that functions as the midway point of the story.
I get the feeling! >.<

Re-reading collabs just has a nice charm to it, even after you realize how bad you were at the time you were doing that collab and how you're much better now... >.>

But yeah, a proper ending is always nicer than a rushed ending... At least you were able to get some sort of ending to it, that's always nice~

EternalSunset0

I get the feeling! >.<

Re-reading collabs just has a nice charm to it, even after you realize how bad you were at the time you were doing that collab and how you're much better now... >.>

But yeah, a proper ending is always nicer than a rushed ending... At least you were able to get some sort of ending to it, that's always nice~
Well, I won't say it's a proper ending, but I consider it more of a "one-season anime" ending with closure.

Wherein there is still potential for more plot points later, and we left it on a slight cliffhanger. However, the conflict at hand and all related plot points got wrapped up normally and I'd like to say decently enough.