Do you regret?

Garon

Did you do anything in your novel that made you regret something. Whether it's the fate of some character, or vice versa. You haven't done something, and it bothers you. Or even you regret the fact you started making the novel.

I'm asking this question because of a old fact that I learned about gege. He hates gojo because he is very strong, thereby interfering with the plot. and he regret this. (Absolutely dumb)

Maybe you have something to say

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Did you do anything in your novel that made you regret something. Whether it's the fate of some character, or vice versa. You haven't done something, and it bothers you. Or even you regret the fact you started making the novel.

I'm asking this question because of a old fact that I learned about gege. He hates gojo because he is very strong, thereby interfering with the plot. and he regret this. (Absolutely dumb)

Maybe you have something to say
Hmmm, I regret writing it in that the Lady of Death & Taxes was above the power strength of most Magical Guardians and Ninjas in my novel. Because it makes it so any form of success in any form against her beggars the readers’ belief.
Now that I think about it, I hate her for the same reason that Gege hates Gojo. It is so absurdly difficult to write plot when you have such powerful characters. Which part is absolutely dumb about it? It is very easy to write OP characters by accident. Think about all of the absurdly OP characters in anime that leave so many
plotholes because authors weren’t careful.

Terrate

I’m starting to regret Appraisal skills where you can see stats and skills. I guess this is why Toriyama quickly dropped the Scouter to measure power levels cause ZAMN, just the skills alone would reach 500 words.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
I regret having posted such crappy writing in the first few chapters instead of waiting and editing when I actually knew more about writing.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
There are a lot of things I regret writing. However, the cool thing is that as the author, I can change it.

foxes

Imagine that there are tons of people who see your creation even before you write, carve or glue it, and every time on the wave of inspiration and excitement in anticipation of a response, after completion, tons of indifference of these mute observers fall on you. From this it seems to you that you were just used as a tool, having given up on all your efforts, after which you can only regret what you have done. It's much better to be alone with your fantasies. Than to receive in response to not even presented creation silence of hundreds of voices that do not consider it yours.

seahorsepink1

I’m starting to regret Appraisal skills where you can see stats and skills. I guess this is why Toriyama quickly dropped the Scouter to measure power levels cause ZAMN, just the skills alone would reach 500 words.
a small time author I'm reading just puts [...] on tstuff that Readers might already know
or you can just copy and paste and log the previous stats on a document to waste less time

seahorsepink1

I regret getting influenced by readers.
common issue with novice authors. top ten divine writing advice is not to get swayed by the reader, or ur storyline will come down to waste
I regret having posted such crappy writing in the first few chapters instead of waiting and editing when I actually knew more about writing.
I observe how other stories go, the popular cliches, how other authors write and all that. also grammar is very important, and formatting, too

K5Rakitan

Level 35 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
How dare you talk about my kid that way.

expentio

Not really a regret, as I couldn't do it better even with a time machine, but I think my stories could have far more success on RoyalRoad if I'd post them in their entirety today. This is because my first chapters (of a very long continuing story) were obviously not quite as good. I went over them many many times, editing mistakes, improving the grammar, choice of words, I just never really made a complete rewrite, as I got better done with this gradual improvement that basically almost amounts to a rewrite. What I want to say is, if I would today post my story right from the beginning in the same quality as I post the new ones today, I'm rather sure they would get much better recognition. Yet as I said, this isn't really something that would've went differently.

On the other hand, they're doing quite well here on Scribblehub, which I'm grateful for.