Ever developed an emotional attachment to a tab?

peelsdeeni

The Unoriginal Disappointment
Has anyone ever had a tab that was open for so long yet you never used it, but its been there for so long that you actually develop an emotional attachment to it and can't close it?
*laughs nervously*
Ahaha, I totally don't have tabs over 3 months old still open because I got emotionally attached to it. No, never. I don't have over 70 tabs open and over 700 ping so I can't play any games because it takes over 10 secs to move like a few steps, no, no way, who would ever do that? Not me, that's for sure.
(cue nervous laughter)

GodlyKamui

Onee-san Smut Enjoyer
That's oddly specific...

I think I haven't been attached to any particular tab since I close everything lmao.

LABmaiL

Friend of All Hats :)
I had this one tab open for a tutorial that I used. I kept it open for half a year before I accidentally unplugged my computer. I grieved that day.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I close all my tabs a few times per day...

I only go past 10 tabs when checking NUF alerts, really... >.>

Mephi

I obsessively close them. If one is open.... It's because I'm stalling on finishing something I need to get done

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
When my boyfriend died in 2015, his wife (polyamorous) left his computer running and said that she couldn't bear to turn it off. She wanted to just let it run for however long it took for the computer to wear out.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I don't know how long she actually left it running, but some repair people managed to flood the first floor of her home, so if she didn't shut it off before then, it probably fried then.

LoliGent

The Lolicon Gentleman
I have this weird thing where if I have a tab open but no longer need it, I have to recycle it. It's not enough to just close it and open a new tab, I have to take that old tab and use it. It feels wrong to just close a tab you no longer need only to open a new one when you could've just used the old tab. It drives me crazy at times.

But in the end of the day, the browser has to close at some point so all that goes to waste anyways.

EDIT:
Oh my gosh, I don't do that anymore. I literally just closed a tab and opened a new one just now. :s_eek:

Last edited:

peelsdeeni

70? those are baby numbers.

my high score has 4 digits
sir, please teach me your ways
I no longer care if all my games have over 700 ping and i cannot walk more than 3 steps without crashing
I just wish to learn the ways
or ma'am whichever you prefer
I have some trans friends who WILL attack me if I say their pronouns wrong

Last edited:

atgongumerki

sir, please teach me your ways

whenever I start up the browser, the tabs I open stay asleep (no impact on my resources)
I open new ones (first news)
some of which I do not read immediately (same with stories, videos, movies, songs, ...)
then at the end of the session/day, I close the browser and the tabs close with it
repeat
repeat
repeat
repeat
"Oh, I have a thousand tabs"
str-d (save all)
close all
open a new fresh virgin browser
organise the saved tabs
start from the beginning

sooooooo yeah! just a lack of time to consume everything I think I want to consume

PS: I do not care what pronoun is used to address me (after all I did not state my gender)

peelsdeeni

whenever I start up the browser, the tabs I open stay asleep (no impact on my resources)
I open new ones (first news)
some of which I do not read immediately (same with stories, videos, movies, songs, ...)
then at the end of the session/day, I close the browser and the tabs close with it
repeat
repeat
repeat
repeat
"Oh, I have a thousand tabs"
str-d (save all)
close all
open a new fresh virgin browser
organise the saved tabs
start from the beginning

sooooooo yeah! just a lack of time to consume everything I think I want to consume

PS: I do not care what pronoun is used to address me (after all I did not state my gender)
Thank you for bestowing this knowledge upon me
now I shall go harass bestow my brother with this new knowledge
my goal shall be either 6969 tabs or 420 (immature, I know, but I still find it funny for strange reason)

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
32gb ram

my tabs are my baggage I’m willing to carry

D

Deleted member 45782

Depends on the device. For device I don't use anymore besides games and watching stuff, I save it bc idk its super hard or take awhile to find the same site/video again esp. if the title is in a different language. super useful to go back. I think of it as mini categorizing songs and cooking.