Votes: 3 13.0%
  • I don't need affection

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • I'm allergic to affection

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
This is kind of just a shower thought... but do any of you ever get urges to express affection towards people?

Like for me, I feel like it bottles up if I don't find someone to dump affection on...... and then I want to stalk people and shower affection on them.

Anyhow, are any of your affection-starved? Do you need affection in your life? How do you get your daily/weekly dose of affection?

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
This is kind of just a shower thought... but do any of you ever get urges to express affection towards people?

Like for me, I feel like it bottles up if I don't find someone to dump affection on...... and then I want to stalk people and shower affection on them.

Anyhow, are any of your affection-starved? Do you need affection in your life? How do you get your daily/weekly dose of affection?

"And then I want to stalk people and shower affection on them"

LOL I almost spat mello yello in my keyboard reading that.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
ohko, dokie. That explains why you're such a prolific thread starter.

Affection is like an itch. Sometimes, you need to keep scratching which could be making it worse. Sometimes, a simple pat makes the itch go away. Sometimes, there's no itch.

Given an itch, you take away a smile.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I'm lucky I have a husband I can grab whenever I need it, but if I didn't, I'd be going absolutely crazy right now.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

I honestly can't answer the question in the poll because my answer to it is... "I don't know! >.<"

Like... Do I ever feel a craving for affection? Uhn... Kinda? But I specifically crave for affection from people I'm close to in moments I'm feeling really down and in need of help, so... Basically in my vulnerable moments.

In the rest of the time I usually handle being without any direct expression of affection just fine I think?

Though I do remember very clearly that in my last LDR I often felt like I really wanted to hug and kiss my boyfriend but... Being 12 timezones away from one another made that impossible... And well, I felt kinda down because I couldn't fulfill those needs.

That aside... I dunno, I think I don't need muc affection on a day to day basis...

At the same time, I like hugging and keeping close to people and I usually don't spend long periods of time away from others, so... I dunno how I'd feel if I stayed 0 affection for a long while! >.<

Overall, sharing affection is just normal to me I guess? I can't really imagine how my life would be without it until this normalcy was broken.

ohko

tilda~ me~ home~ ♪
I'm amazed by how evenly spread out the poll results are

Vaerama

I used to be affection starved, but I’m not anymore :)

Affection is necessary, but I’m not always receptive to it. Today, for instance, has been a very ‘bleh’ experience despite more-than-sufficient amounts of affection shown to me. Probably because I went on a forum instead of writing (don’t have any other social outlet, so that’s probably what I’m interested in today: social affection).

Usually I prefer my exchanges of affection to be physical in nature, but I quite enjoy the romantic elements and friendly/silly conversations too :) They’re all necessary for a person. Naturally, the route to each of these is to pay lots of attention to the person i’d like to receive affection from *___* Socializing is best done in the comments after my writing though, that’s when it’s most rewarding ☺️

ZynGrand

The Winds Of Change Will Erode All Things.
Lonely,
no friends,
no true words.
I want to speak aloud,
but scared to show myself.
Stuck in my head, this void,
Alone.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite

Nothing beats for affection than a cat and their human slave.

hory-portier

Now this is quite philosophical question. It depends what 'need' really means...
In one way I normally live totally fine without any form of affection. It does feel a bit sad at times but it's not like something bad will happen without it.
On the other side I want some affection. I believe in a motto: "Headpat a day will make pain fly away." So feel free to headpat me. ...actually please do it...

Anyway, I lately joined a group group that's created around cute game character from KantaiCollection called Hoppou - small girl without much screen time - in a game VRChat. That group is full of affection. Headpats, hugs, freedom etc. Place where everyone can act cute and let his/her inside kid go and play. After joining it I figured out how I needed it. Now I feel much more positive. Depression with group like that is hard to archive.

As a conclusion: I didn't know I needed affection until I recieved it in one form of it.

EDIT:
I forgot to write something more about expressing my affection towards others and not just recieving it.
I guess it's similar to the case with the group I mentioned above. I didn't think I need it but once I let my inside kid go wild there I figured out that's one of those things I wanted but definetely one I needed. It would be nice if I didn't have to limit it to the online world even if with VRChat game it's 3D

Last edited: