How can i interact with my readers

Enchant

I'm just new here and I have created a novel with exactly 45 readers. I just want to ask how can I interact at my readers because I see in youtube that one of fundamental things in creating a novel is to interact with my readers. But I don't know how can someone help me!

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Interacting is as simple as just responding to your readers when they leave a comment in a chapter. You don't really have to worry about going to events or anything like that until you become published. Authors notes can also help because you can let your readers know about various different things. You can also be active in the forums as it not only puts you out there but also allows for you to communicate with other authors and readers.

loppol

I think the biggest think is making the readers feel like there is actually someone writing the story, and not just some name on a screen. This way they actually will care about you and be pushed to follow more.

To do this I would say to have a lively profile page and respond to every comment. And if you are feeling like it’s doable, add a poll for decisions in the story.
Having a patreon can also help.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
At your statistics tab there you can find the list of latest readers which gives you the chance to creepy stalk them, post on their profile page or even PM them.

Alaska

I'm just new here and I have created a novel with exactly 45 readers. I just want to ask how can I interact at my readers because I see in youtube that one of fundamental things in creating a novel is to interact with my readers. But I don't know how can someone help me!
get a discord nyaa

Simplest way to do it is just to respond to comments. Readers get the same dopamine rush when an author responds to their comment as authors do when they get the comment.

Discord servers are also an option if you feel like going further.

Psycholor

Writing Trash
get a discord nyaa
This is an awful idea with only 45 readers.
Simplest way to do it is just to respond to comments. Readers get the same dopamine rush when an author responds to their comment as authors do when they get the comment.

Discord servers are also an option if you feel like going further.
Discord with only 45 readers is only going to depress you.

As a rule of thumb, expect less than 10 percent of people to join a discord server. Of those, expect less than 10 percent to actually talk.

There is a reason that if you search for posts about "When shluld I make a discord for my story?" and other similar topics, the magic number cited is always 1000-2000 readers, with multiple frequent commentors.

The best way to interact with readers is to get the ball rolling yourself. I can't imagine you get a lot of comments at ~45. Start the conversation yourself; make author's notes with questions. Leave comments on your own chapter asking people's opinions.

If you do get a comment, even something simple like "Thank you for the chapter!" Respond with "Thank YOU for reading!" If someone gives you a cookie, give them a smiley.

Basically be proactive.

Last edited:

Enchant

This is an awful idea with only 45 readers.

Discord with only 45 readers is only going to depress you.

As a rule of thumb, expect less than 10 percent of people to join a discord server. Of those, expect less than 10 percent to actually talk.

There is a reason that if you search for posts about "When shluld I make a discord for my story?" and other similar topics, the magic number cited is always 1000-2000 readers, with multiple frequent commentors.

The best way to interact with readers is to get the ball rolling yourself. I can't imagine you get a lot of comments at ~45. Start the conversation yourself; make author's notes with questions. Leave comments on your own chapter asking people's opinions.

If you do get a comment, even something simple like "Thank you for the chapter!" Respond with "Thank YOU for reading!" If someone gives you a cookie, give them a smiley.

Basically be proactive.
Thanks for the help I should do just as that

Scaver

Comment section and author’s note. If you find someone you like, message them, ask for their contacts, set up a date, spend a magical night, get married, have kids, and on, and on…
Talking from experience, aren't you?