How funny are jokes from your stories? Let me test them.

H0LL0W

Okay I got a joke from one of my series, tell me if its funny.
It takes place on a yacht with a bunch of rich folks in a hot tub. They are all drunk.
Her feet were dangling inside the bubbling warm water, and she sat next to the cooler, passing him another can of beer, and Ace leaned onto Fenton, breath heavy, labored, his mind confused.

“Something’s different about you today,” Ace said. “Did you cut your hair?”

“I cut my hair two months ago,” Fenton shouted. “You didn’t say anything then!”

expentio

My story Slime Girl has a bit of a romantic comedy going. The first MC, Shari, got transformed into a slime by the second, Liqu, who is really into her. Though, of course Shari isn't all that appreciative about this fact. A lot of hillarious situations come from the fact that Liqu is a genuine monster. Therefore, she is not the most socially adept in many situations and tends to opt for the monstrous solutions. The first MC on the other hand is rather straightforward. She's quite rational yet "for some reason" (totally not set up by me) her plans tend to devolve into utter chaos. She's a master at jinxing things.
One of my personal favories is when the two have to deliver a princess to her parents, past a bunch of traitors, end up knocking out half the guards, the princess gets expelled from inside Shari's body, right at the queen's feet, and Shari starts holding a tirade about how she seriously did more than could have expected from her in this assignment and how the queen may please now call back her guards.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
Not funny.
What are you talking about?
At the time, every phone call in the office was recorded. The monitoring department started passing around a copy. We all were laughing at the guy for weeks.

My point is, a lot of humor is based on the suffering of others.

Stop thinking humor is only a good thing.

Tragedy + Time = Comedy.

LuoirM

Voidiris' enthusiast feet enjoyer.
Here us my attempt
I reached my hands to hold onto his chest, to feel Hewi puffed it up full of air in high hopes. Suspicion aroses inside my mind as I went and squeezed one of his nip, causing him to let out a small yelp... Did he really just yelp like a submissive boi? My curiousity skyrocketed as my eyes turned wild and I smile brightly. I held onto his arms and slither myself down, my head was as the same level as his chest; I stick out my tongue and rubbed it against the rim of his breast but not directly on the nipple, and see the cute reaction of Hewi closing his eyes. That was the exact moment that it flicked in my mind.
"YOU HAVE A NIPPLE KINK!" I exclaimed.
"Keep your voice down! Dear lord, yeah, so what?" He covered my mouth.

"Nothing, it was just very funny to know."
I smiled, leaning up to give him a nice little kiss on the chin before getting his baggish pants off... And randomly, I giggled.
"What now?" Hewi asked.
"This might be offensive..." I hesitated.

".......Is it about my penis?"

I nodded.

"Hey." With his ego fractured, Hewi responded, "I'll have you know, I'm a proud above-average."

I covered my own mouth to try and muffled the laughter trying to escape from my chest.

"No no... I am not, like, disqualifying you..."

"Disqualify? Tanyaaaaaa!" He expressed sadness in a sarcastic tone.
"I can't think of the appropriate word right now!... Pfft..."

"You made me sad~"

"Shut it, Hewi Cocksworth- Hahah... I can't breath, khakka..."
"Haha... But seriously though." Hewi caught his breath. "What were you trying to say?"

TotallyHuman

I am an extremely unfunny person. But it balances out because the rest of ya'll are also very unfunny
I rarely try to make things funny. It just happens. But I think I did a joke at the end of first chapter of my blog

When a crowd of thirsty ladies entered my home with me as they clung to my exposed skin in the throes of mad passion, my patience had reached its limits and I slammed the door shut, and let my hands be guided by my ignited desires...

Unfortunately, there were too many of them for only two hands, and I quickly began to get overwhelmed.

I was thinking of using a curse, like some little child, to rid me of the inconvenience, until I saw the massive red thing made of plastic in the corner.

I hadn't used it in a while, so I had forgotten about it, but so many lonely days had been made to go by faster with its assistance.

It was very long and flexible, allowing it to reach places other models just couldn't, and it was so, so strong when I used it - which was the reason why I chose that model.

It would surely help me deal with all these women, was what I thought, so, still entangled by the ladies, I reached for it.

Allowing myself a smirk, I connected its cord to the electrical outlet and flicked on the switch.

As it roared to life, powerfully vibrating in my hands, my smirk turned into a full-blown witchy cackle.

Now these mosquitoes would know the terror of a vacuum cleaner!

I chased them around the vestibule, happily taking a great many lives in a very short time span.

Last edited:

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake
This was a scene from my first story, Let's Image a Female Knight From Another World. I don't know man, kid me was something else.
“D-did I die from embarrassment after flashing some dude?” I tensed up, waiting for her answer.

Seraphina stared blankly. “What? Flash?”

“Knowing me, it must’ve been electrifying. Like WA-POW, now you know what panties I put on this morning!”

“Wa...Pow?” Seraphina repeated, her eyebrow raised in confusion.

“No, no, you aren’t saying it right,” I insisted, holding my hands up for emphasis. “WA-POW, OWN THAT PANTY FLASH GIRL, SAY IT WITH ME.”

Seraphina looked at the floor, hesitant. “Wa...Wa...Pow.”

“LOUDER!” I screamed, pulling her up from her seat. “WAAAA-POOOW.”

Mimicking my enthusiasm, Seraphina gestured with her hands up in the air. “Wa-Pow!”

“NOW FLASH ME FOR INCREASED EFFECT!”

“W-what? No way!” Seraphina backed away, aghast.

“I’LL DO IT WITH YOU, WA-POW!” I announced, flipping my skirt to reveal my blue and white striped undergarment.

“EEEK!” Seraphina blushed, covering her eyes with her hands.

I tilted my glasses and smirked. “Now we’re in the clear,” I said, giving her a thumbs-up. “If you flash me, then we’ll be Even Steven!”

“I-I’m the Headmistress of the Angelic Deities of this realm...I will not flash you!” she declared, stepping back once more, shielding herself with her forearm.

“What type of angel would you be to accept a flash from a lost lamb and not produce one in return?” I pointed my finger, giving her a smug look. “Shows how much you care for us humans; you think you’re better than me, don’t you!”

Seraphina gasped and took a step forward. “I don’t! I’m here to help and give you heavenly advice!”

“Then I need you to help me, this once,” I pleaded, extending my hand forward. “SHOW ME YOUR PANTIES!”

Taking a deep breath and trembling, Seraphina stepped forward, putting both of her small, delicate hands on her skirt. “W-Wa-Pow..” She hesitantly displayed her white undergarments adorned with blue ribbons on the sides.

“LOUDER, I WANT YOU TO MEAN IT, WA-POW!” I encouraged, flashing her my panties once more. “SAY IT WITH ME.”

“WA-POW!” we both exclaimed in unison, syncing our panty flashes.

“WA-POW, WA-POW, WA-POW, WA-POW!” The chant echoed as a door, transparent but still visible, appeared and opened up behind us. Another woman, this one with long purple locks, entered the room and stopped at the door, shocked.

“WA-POW, WA-POW, WA-POW,” we continued, unfazed, as the purple-haired girl got flashed several times by Seraphina.

“Eh? EHHH, WHAT’S GOING ON?!”

CSDestroyer

I'll give it a try with two snippets. First is a section near the beginning of the story, between two important characters. The second is a conversation between two side characters in a future chapter of my story. Neither are necessarily meant to elicit roaring laughter, but it's meant to be mildly to moderately humorous, given the situation.

“We’ve got absolutely nothing useful! Romping around fields and asking everyone weird questions, and nobody’s even given us a lead!” Junil yelled.

Both the Hero and the Healer were stepping into the town’s inn for the night. The sun had almost already set, the sky darkening from a sunset yellow to a gradually darkening blue.

“Please lower your voice, Miss Junil. It is terribly rude to speak so loudly.”

“Ronn, we’ve been walking around this town like fools. At least let me be mad!”

“We have gathered good information about the current state of this town’s reconstruction after the war. Does that not account for anything?”

Junil grabbed a chair at one of the tables and pulled it back. “Oh, sure! I mean, that info is probably useful to someone running the reconstruction programs. Or a census. But are we running a reconstruction program right now, Ronn? Are we gathering information explicitly for a census bureaucrat at this very moment, Ronn? Or did you forget what we’re here for in the first place?”

“I did not forget,” he replied. “My questions were geared to find as much information as possible, while simultaneously revealing as little as I could.”

“That annoys me. I can’t argue with your logic, so I’m just going to stay annoyed.”

This scene is meant to be funny, mostly because it's fantasy racism in the form of banter between two characters that stand their ground. Serclow is a "Demonfolk", same with the protagonist. Tila is a human.

Serclow’s eyes flickered over [the protagonist], then he looked up at Tila.

“She fell asleep. In the coal pile,” he said.

Tila glanced over. “As expected of a member of the Demonfolk.”

“Huh?” Serclow asked. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“I’m half-convinced you Demonfolk can sleep anywhere.”

Serclow shook his head. “I prefer a bed.”

“Of course, you’re one of the rare civilized ones.”

“If you weren’t my friend right now, I’d knock you out,” the Demonfolk man muttered.

“You consider us friends?”

Most of my humor comes in the form of banter or situational humor. Personal experience, I'd say. But I can't say that I'm too good at writing it, since I don't specialize in humor.

fluffypie374

I want to say I am confident about the humor in my story, but... sorry, that's just a load of fluff. Feel free to check out my dry humor and lame puns on the forums though. :blob_sir:

Bartun

Friendly Saurian Neighbor
Writing super-dark sci-fi fantasy there aren't many jokes, just a few funny interactions. :blob_pat_sad:

these are few examples of the short jokes i added in my story, well they're basically just drabbles though

==

"What is the example of risk?"

"Risk of Rain."

"..."

==

Dog Tags

score 9, score 8_up, score 7_up, dog, extremely cute, dog house, outdoors, AddXL

==

They want to curry favor, but we all know curry is spicy.

==

So, a couple named their children Bills.

That way, every people in the world would pay him and the whole family will become rich.

When he grew up, he changed his name to Steve.

==

Watermark

"Don't want your paintings stolen? Just get it wet!"

"..."

SailusGebel

Stop thinking humor is only a good thing.
Counter offer. You stop putting words in my mouth.

Here us my attempt
I reached my hands to hold onto his chest, to feel Hewi puffed it up full of air in high hopes. Suspicion aroses inside my mind as I went and squeezed one of his nip, causing him to let out a small yelp... Did he really just yelp like a submissive boi? My curiousity skyrocketed as my eyes turned wild and I smile brightly. I held onto his arms and slither myself down, my head was as the same level as his chest; I stick out my tongue and rubbed it against the rim of his breast but not directly on the nipple, and see the cute reaction of Hewi closing his eyes. That was the exact moment that it flicked in my mind.
"YOU HAVE A NIPPLE KINK!" I exclaimed.
"Keep your voice down! Dear lord, yeah, so what?" He covered my mouth.

"Nothing, it was just very funny to know."
I smiled, leaning up to give him a nice little kiss on the chin before getting his baggish pants off... And randomly, I giggled.
"What now?" Hewi asked.
"This might be offensive..." I hesitated.

".......Is it about my penis?"

I nodded.

"Hey." With his ego fractured, Hewi responded, "I'll have you know, I'm a proud above-average."

I covered my own mouth to try and muffled the laughter trying to escape from my chest.

"No no... I am not, like, disqualifying you..."

"Disqualify? Tanyaaaaaa!" He expressed sadness in a sarcastic tone.
"I can't think of the appropriate word right now!... Pfft..."

"You made me sad~"

"Shut it, Hewi Cocksworth- Hahah... I can't breath, khakka..."
"Haha... But seriously though." Hewi caught his breath. "What were you trying to say?"
Not funny.
I am an extremely unfunny person. But it balances out because the rest of ya'll are also very unfunny
I rarely try to make things funny. It just happens. But I think I did a joke at the end of first chapter of my blog
Not funny.
This was a scene from my first story, Let's Image a Female Knight From Another World. I don't know man, kid me was something else.
Not funny.
I'll give it a try with two snippets. First is a section near the beginning of the story, between two important characters. The second is a conversation between two side characters in a future chapter of my story. Neither are necessarily meant to elicit roaring laughter, but it's meant to be mildly to moderately humorous, given the situation.

This scene is meant to be funny, mostly because it's fantasy racism in the form of banter between two characters that stand their ground. Serclow is a "Demonfolk", same with the protagonist. Tila is a human.

Most of my humor comes in the form of banter or situational humor. Personal experience, I'd say. But I can't say that I'm too good at writing it, since I don't specialize in humor.
I'm sorry. Not funny.
these are few examples of the short jokes i added in my story, well they're basically just drabbles though

==

"What is the example of risk?"

"Risk of Rain."

"..."

==

Dog Tags

score 9, score 8_up, score 7_up, dog, extremely cute, dog house, outdoors, AddXL

==

They want to curry favor, but we all know curry is spicy.

==

So, a couple named their children Bills.

That way, every people in the world would pay him and the whole family will become rich.

When he grew up, he changed his name to Steve.

==

Watermark

"Don't want your paintings stolen? Just get it wet!"

"..."
Not funny.

SailusGebel

it's cause I didn't add any schoolgirls innit?
It would probably make you smile, but not me. The first couple of times it was very funny, now it became stale and repetetive. Though I admit I overreacted to it the last time. Sorry for that.

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
I learned my lesson long ago. My natural behavior is funny. My intentional jokes are not. I can be droll at best

WinterTimeCrime

Aggressive-Loving Snowflake
Naw, this man probably laughs at some understated shit. Like minor conveniences such as coffee missing his clothes, spilling on some important documents, and his Urkel overall-wearing ass standing up, cackling and sayin' "Goodness gracious" type shit.

Or maybe, like, I don't know... him hearing a snippet of an out-of-context public convo like, "You wouldn't put it in a fruit salad, would you?" And chuckles while imagining carrots and peas being mixed in.