How often do you guys take breaks?

ModernGold7ne

That fly you can't swat.
When writing I normally take a break after 500 or 600 words though if I'm suffering from a block, a week is enough to restore my creative juices.

Snusmumriken

Vagabond and traveller
I have a weekly routine. I usually take a 1-2 day break after posting a chapter (that gets my juices going and usually give me time to settle on general ideas) Then I spend 2 days on setting up a more detailed plotline and the rest - writing the damn thing and do at least one edit pass. Then rinse and repeat.

If I manage to write faster - shift the schedule forward and start the next chapter early.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
I take breaks every few years that last a few years when a big change happens in my life.

D

Deleted member 54065

When writing I normally take a break after 500 or 600 words though if I'm suffering from a block, a week is enough to restore my creative juices.
One or two months, after writing an entire manuscript.

skribe

I write almost every day. Almost on Monday. Almost on Tuesday....<old joke>.

But seriously...
I write most days. Some times I need to step away for a day or two, but it's never generally more than that unless I'm sick. I enjoy what I do. It's difficult, but rewarding.

LilRora

Mostly formless
I usually take a break when I run out of creative juice, and that's about it. How often and for how long are two great unknowns.

J_Chemist

When writing a new chapter, I write once a week on Saturday until the chapter is complete. Usually takes 5-8 hours from start to finish (including edits). If I have to split the chapter, I write 3-6 hours on Saturday, and then 3 hours max on Sunday. I generally don't write outside of that window, unless I'm editing, to keep from burnout. If I don't finish the chapter in that timeframe, I put it on hold and wait until the next week.

When editing, I do it whenever I get an opportunity throughout the week as long as I'm feeling up to it. When I do such a thing, it's usually for only an hour or so. Otherwise, I don't even so much as open my writing program or even my book. I reply to comments/posts/messages if there are any, but I've learned to separate myself entirely from the thing during the work week. Helps me stay fresh, as I burned out when I was hovering over it in the beginning.

BlackKnightX

Nah. When I write, I just keep going till the end of the chapter without pause. I’m always completely in the zone. Though, “when I write,” that is.

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Junior brother. I do not take breaks. As taking breaks is against my inner Dao.

IDKWtWrite-San

Projecting 'Unreliable Narrator' Tag
Pretty lazy so all the time I'm on break. If I'm feeling motivated, I can write 1-2 chapter in one go while able to revise one of the chapter I'm working right noe

doravg

104/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
Breaks are for the weak. Writing is an everyday habit.