How to cheat yourself intro trending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaky

I won't say which novel did it, but it happened. Spamming announcements should be against the rules. This person is not the only shameless author to do it. Watch this:
1608349275183.png

My suggestions would be to only allow authors to make announcements like these, at least every 3 chapters. To evade the spam and Patreon begging.

RaidenInfinity

One who draws catgirls
And I'm gonna say which novels they are:

Wohendum-Bluu

When Blue Just Isn't Quite Blue Enough

I won't say which novel did it, but it happened. Spamming announcements should be against the rules. This person is not the only shameless author to do it. Watch this:
View attachment 5471

My suggestions would be to only allow authors to make announcements like these, at least every 3 chapters. To evade the spam and Patreon begging.
Holy crap this is actually kind of amazing!! I mean not in a good way mind you but still....

Aaky

Trending is trending man. Using stolen art? Spamming announcement chapters? Practically everyone did it, and frankly, nobody cares. Only nobodies care. :blob_popcorn_two:
I am sorry, but who are you again?

This might not be a big issue right now, but once this website becomes bigger, everyone will abuse this if it doesn't break the rules.

Wohendum-Bluu

This might not be a big issue right now, but once this website becomes bigger, everyone will abuse this if it doesn't break the rules.
It's kind of bad now despite the small size of this site.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

View attachment 5471

You would have a valid point... If not for the fact one can simply look at the dates of those announcements to see that your point falls flat.

All those announcements are at least spread apart by a whole week, often times two.

They're just keeping their readers up to date with their story, they're not doing any shameless promotion to try and cheese their way to Trending.

I'd think differently if they were daily announcements or like... 2 announcements per day or something, but this is clearly not the case.

Stop causing drama just because someone got to trending and you didn't, go use that time to write instead.

Wohendum-Bluu

You would have a valid point... If not for the fact one can simply look at the dates of those announcements to see that your point falls flat.

All those announcements are at least spread apart by a whole week, often times two.

They're just keeping their readers up to date with their story, they're not doing any shameless promotion to try and cheese their way to Trending.

I'd think differently if they were daily announcements or like... 2 announcements per day or something, but this is clearly not the case.

Stop causing drama just because someone got to trending and you didn't, go use that time to write instead.
Huh. I can hardly see the dates on my phone so I couldn't tell they were separated by so much time. My bad then.

Aaky

I am #1 on trending right now and I been trending three consecutive times this week. I could make that four days in a row but I am taking a small break.

AliceShiki

I am #1 on trending right now and I been trending three consecutive times this week. I could make that four days in a row but I am taking a small break.
Good, then you already know how pointless this thread is because you already know how to get into trending~

You write, that's how.

Aaky

Huh. I can hardly see the dates on my phone so I couldn't tell they were separated by so much time. My bad then.
Trending doesn't work that way. Look at the last date. I don't want to openly disclose how the algorithm works. But if you pay careful attention, you'll realize that the trending was caused by that last announcement.

Good, then you already know how pointless this thread is because you already know how to get into trending~

You write, that's how.
I know how it works, so I am making a thread to address issues with the system. So why are you so hostile?

GDLiZy

Tale Admirer

I don't see any problem when the system is working as intended. A lot of people click on that announcement chapter so the story gets on trending.

About stolen art, who is going to do anything about it? Even the site as big as Royalroad and Webnovel can't regulate that.

If you really want to get to trending, just mass release 500-words chapters and disappeared a few weeks to do it again. The issue is arguably there but we have no idea how trending works so we can't realistically say it is an issue. If anything it's the flawed nature of the trending that this happens. And what do we do when the system has a hole? We use it to our advantage.

AliceShiki

I know how it works, so I am making a thread to address issues with the system. So why are you so hostile?
Because there are no issues. Someone is making an announcement and their story is popular enough that even an announcement can get them into trending.

That's all there is to it. Keeping your readers up to date on your progress of your rewrite or whatever every week or so is not an issue with the system.
Trending doesn't work that way. Look at the last date. I don't want to openly disclose how the algorithm works. But if you pay careful attention, you'll realize that the trending was caused by that last announcement.
The way the algorithm works isn't public in the first place, so it's not like you can disclose it even if you wanted to.

Wohendum-Bluu

I don't know how the trending function works. All I know is that I find these constant posts by numerous people discussing the in's and out's of the trending tab to be a borderline obsession. It's disturbing. I think people need to let it go regarding anything about trending and just read and write. You make trending? Wonderful. You don't. Okay? Why do people keep having these long and lengthy discussions about it which inevitably lead to people being upset and making inane accusations of numerous kinds? I wish Tony would remove the Trending function. It seems to me most people here aren't mature enough to handle it. It's become a sick competition between too many people and while I think many who grab a spot in trending don't deserve it, I fail to see the actual importance of the trending tab at all.

tridetect

I don't know how the trending function works. All I know is that I find these constant posts by numerous people discussing the in's and out's of the trending tab to be a borderline obsession. It's disturbing. I think people need to let it go regarding anything about trending and just read and write. You make trending? Wonderful. You don't. Okay? Why do people keep having these long and lengthy discussions about it which inevitably lead to people being upset and making inane accusations of numerous kinds? I wish Tony would remove the Trending function. It seems to me most people here aren't mature enough to handle it. It's become a sick competition between too many people and while I think many who grab a spot in trending don't deserve it, I fail to see the actual importance of the trending tab at all.
People want their stories read, and there are also people who only want to reap fame. Writing is fun and all but what is the point if what you write will never be read by other person? Do people even read each others stories on this site?

Wohendum-Bluu

People want their stories read, and there are also people who only want to reap fame. Writing is fun and all but what is the point if what you write will never be read by other person? Do people even read each others stories on this site?
You don't need to be trending to have your story read. Nothing you said counteracts anything I said. And clearly people read others stories. I don't understand why you asked that?

AliceShiki

Well, reaching trending usually gives a big boost to your reader count, so it makes sense people want to reach it~

And well, there is a clear reader demand for it since stories do get more popular after reaching trending.

Also... Don't take the handful of forum posts here and there discussing it as a lack of maturity from most users of the site... The silent majority couldn't care less about what other people do to reach trending, they just aren't talking~

Status
Not open for further replies.