How to cheat yourself intro trending

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wohendum-Bluu

When Blue Just Isn't Quite Blue Enough
Well, reaching trending usually gives a big boost to your reader count, so it makes sense people want to reach it~

And well, there is a clear reader demand for it since stories do get more popular after reaching trending.

Also... Don't take the handful of forum posts here and there discussing it as a lack of maturity from most users of the site... The silent majority couldn't care less about what other people do to reach trending, they just aren't talking~
Several of the previous posts concerning the trending have complained about unfairness. I'm not sure what the context concerning the perceived unfairness was, but I reckon removing the trending tab would satisfy that criteria wouldn't it? Remove the point of contention and it's back to drawing board right?

Welp, y'all don't realize the interesting part here.

One of the authors featured in this thread is the same person who bitches here and there, now and then about smut in trending or whatever heck there is. Just go check their post history.
I was wondering when that was going to be mentioned. I just thought Aaky was going to say it.

Aaky

Because there are no issues. Someone is making an announcement and their story is popular enough that even an announcement can get them into trending.

That's all there is to it. Keeping your readers up to date on your progress of your rewrite or whatever every week or so is not an issue with the system.

The way the algorithm works isn't public in the first place, so it's not like you can disclose it even if you wanted to.
Is not some magical ancient technology lol, any system can be easily predicted given enough tries. I am sure most people already did, but not everybody.

I was wondering when that was going to be mentioned. I just thought Aaky was going to say it.
:sneaky: Yes, that same individual has been literally harassing me for an entire week. But I have class so I won't say his name out loud.

Last edited:

Wohendum-Bluu

:sneaky: Yes, that same individual has been literally harassing me for an entire week. But I have class so I won't say his name out loud.
Ah. I know who you mean. I didn't know this was an ongoing thing. Whats the problem with smut? I mean I agree that this site is oversaturated with it, (often having next to no plot incorporated into it) but I didn't know it was bothering rankings?

But then again, I don't subscribe to the manic importance of the trending tab anyway so maybe I'm just not in the right space mentally to unerstand?

Queenfisher

Bird?

Eh?

Wasn't his "bitching" about the fact that a novel with some pedo rape smut was featured on the site? (Literally, a little girl was raped in like 4th chapter of it, without it being shown as negative).

The issue had been due to that novel breaking the rules of the site not just because it was smut.

Though if you want to argue about that -- please do it in the correct place (the two threads that actually address that issue). Why resort to strawmen like this thread?

Also, I'm not sure you really want to be on the side defending that novel that got banned... Just saying.

Last edited:

Leti

Several of the previous posts concerning the trending have complained about unfairness. I'm not sure what the context concerning the perceived unfairness was, but I reckon removing the trending tab would satisfy that criteria wouldn't it? Remove the point of contention and it's back to drawing board right?

Is not some magical ancient technology lol, any system can be easily predicted given enough tries. I am sure most people already did, but not everybody.

You guys are double posting. Be careful there. Just a reminder.

Aaky

Eh?

Wasn't his "bitching" about the fact that a novel with pedo rape smut was featured on the site? (Literally, a little girl was raped in like 4th chapter of it, without it being shown as negative).

The issue had been due to that novel breaking the rules of the site not just because it was smut.

Though if you want to argue about that -- please do it in the correct place (the two threads that actually address that issue). Why resort to strawmen like this thread?

Also, I'm not sure you really want to be on the side defending that novel that got banned... Just saying.
This is actually False. I read that chapter and the author showed the scene as negative. The character was an 18 year old girl, not an underage girl. The novel was taken down by the author due to negative feedback (if Tony then banned the novel, or if the novel was banned before the author took it down, that I do not know.)

Now, on that same forum topic, your buddy literally went out of his way to call out my novel, despite my novel not breaking any rules nor having any relationship to the story above. Just because I was trending. Suddenly it became an argument about how he wanted all smut banned.

Ah. I know who you mean. I didn't know this was an ongoing thing. Whats the problem with smut? I mean I agree that this site is oversaturated with it, (often having next to no plot incorporated into it) but I didn't know it was bothering rankings?

But then again, I don't subscribe to the manic importance of the trending tab anyway so maybe I'm just not in the right space mentally to unerstand?
He keeps going around, degrading my novel. Because I made it to trending. I like competition, but what I don't like is for people to literally dedicate forum threats and status posts to taking shots at what I write.

Queenfisher

Bird?
This is actually False. I read that chapter and the author showed the scene as negative. The character was an 18 year old girl, not an underage girl. The novel was taken down by the author due to negative feedback (if Tony then banned the novel, or if the novel was banned before the author took it down, that I do not know.)

Now, on that same forum topic, your buddy literally went out of his way to call out my novel, despite my novel not breaking any rules nor having any relationship to the story above. Just because I was trending. Suddenly it became an argument about how he wanted all smut banned.

He keeps going around, degrading my novel. Because I made it to trending. I like competition, but what I don't like is for people to literally dedicate forum threats and status posts to taking shots at what I write.

Sorry -- I just skimmed it to see what the deal was about, so I never saw the 18 year mention, just that her behavior was very sus to me. But now I recall that people were mainly talking about incest being the dealbreaker as it is illegal in US (?? Correct me if I'm wrong again). Which would still make it as rule-breaking if so because the site guidelines state that.

Could you quote him degrading your novel specifically? It's hard to see the issue without you showing where it is. So far, this just looks like such a drama thread between you two that I really want to stay as far away as possible from it.

Wohendum-Bluu

Sorry -- I just skimmed it to see what the deal was about, so I never saw the 18 year mention, just that her behavior was very sus to me. But now I recall that people were mainly talking about incest being the dealbreaker as it is illegal in US (?? Correct me if I'm wrong again). Which would still make it as rule-breaking if so because the site guidelines state that.

Could you quote him degrading your novel specifically? It's hard to see the issue without you showing where it is. So far, this just looks like such a drama thread between you two that I really want to stay as far away as possible from it.
Incest is considered illegal on this site? Lol. I would argue the case that AT LEAST a half of the smut stories on this site break this rule. Does that mean that that rule in particular isn't enforced or just that its a well-kept secret?

Devils.Advocate

An objectionable existence
Incest is considered illegal on this site? Lol. I would argue the case that AT LEAST a half of the smut stories on this site break this rule. Does that mean that that rule in particular isn't enforced or just that its a well-kept secret?
(#`д´)ノ
Stop double posting!!!
@AliceShiki is not here, But even I am getting triggered by it !!!
I can literally see 5 of your signature on one page!!

Ah~~~~
*breathes out to calm down*
*goes to disable all signatures on forum*

Queenfisher

Bird?

Against US laws in some states. I think there was even a discussion about which part of the country SH is registered in to check this out.

That said, the original post that started this "war" was about -- how much does SH do to moderate such content? I still don't know, but apparently reporting stuff with proofs can get a story banned? If that is indeed what happened as we do not have information about that.

So your question about what is allowed and what is enforced is interesting because we still don't really have an answer to that... :blob_hmm: . Tony just said to report all sus stories WITH proofs added and the mods will decide.

Wohendum-Bluu

Against US laws in some states. I think there was even a discussion about which part of the country SH is registered in to check this out.

That said, the original post that started this "war" was about -- how much does SH do to moderate such content? I still don't know, but apparently reporting stuff with proofs can get a story banned? If that is indeed what happened as we do not have information about that.

So your question about what is allowed and what is enforced is interesting because we still don't really have an answer to that... :blob_hmm: . Tony just said to report all sus stories WITH proofs added and the mods will decide.
I'm pretty sure the banning of incest would pretty much decimate large swathes of the smut writers on SH. Which make up a very large proportion of the authors here since most come from other sites because its alowed here. Trending, which many are crazy about, would actually look a lot different. It would definitely be interesting to see more conversations based on smut overloading the trending tab after Tony began enforcing just the no incest rule alone. (If he ever does that is) I don't think it would be a good idea for Tony to pursue this rule though. It would hurt his writer and readerbase.

Queenfisher

Bird?
I'm pretty sure the banning of incest would pretty much decimate large swathes of the smut writers on SH. Trending, which many are crazy about, would actually look a lot different. I don't think this would be a good rule for tony to pursue. It would hurt his writer and readerbase.

Tbh, I don't care much about it. I just don't like drama on my cozy SHF.

If I had any issue with the overabundance of smut -- it's just that the overall image of the site suffers and potential advertisers will be discouraged from supporting it. Other than that -- I do not care. Like, at all. I have long stopped looking at the Trending tab because of how homogeneous it is. I have usually zero idea of who's trending or not because of that, ╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭

RaidenInfinity

One who draws catgirls
I'm pretty sure the banning of incest would pretty much decimate large swathes of the smut writers on SH. Which make up a very large proportion of the authors here since most come from other sites because its alowed here. Trending, which many are crazy about, would actually look a lot different. It would definitely be interesting to see more conversations based on smut overloading the trending tab after Tony began enforcing just the no incest rule alone. (If he ever does that is) I don't think it would be a good idea for Tony to pursue this rule though. It would hurt his writer and readerbase.
As if it isn't already apparent that a certain someone has a hidden agenda. A hostile one, even.

Wohendum-Bluu

Tbh, I don't care much about it. I just don't like drama on my cozy SHF.

If I had any issue with the overabundance of smut -- it's just that the overall image of the site suffers and potential advertisers will be discouraged from supporting it. Other than that -- I do not care. Like, at all. I have long stopped looking at the Trending tab because of how homogeneous it is. I have usually zero idea of who's trending or not because of that, ╮ (. ❛ ᴗ ❛.) ╭
If Tony starts adding advertisements, which most writing sites eventually do, he'll have to do away with allowing smut since mot advertisers seem to be adverse to its presence. I suspect its already in the works, of Tony himself knows its coming eventually but hasn't discussed it. Also, I apologize if it seemed I was stirring the pot. It wasn't my intention.
As if it isn't already apparent that a certain someone has a hidden agenda. A hostile one, even.

By this comment, it feels like this statement is alluding to something outside just this thread alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.