How would you categorize people in fandoms for an anime/manga?

OP1000

Hello!!!!
How would you guys categorize the types of people in fandoms for the genre of anime/manga that you are most familiar with based on the way said fans act?

I would personally categorize them (people in fandoms of shonen anime/manga) as shippers, powerscalers, theorists, and casuals.

LilRora

Mostly formless
A very general categorization I usually use is casual, invested (can be theorist or shipper or something, point is they've got something they're enthused about and they'll readily discuss; for theorists it would be plot, for shippers romance/relationships, for powerscalers, uh... dunno), and fanatic (something of an invested, just taken to an extreme, which can be seen in, uh, conviction? Not sure how to put it, they're just the guy who answers questions and argues with confidence of someone who never wrote a story of their own).

The problem with trying to categorize is you'll virtually always have an exception. There's for example lurkers that only lurk (you guessed it) and don't really post anything, and that arguably requires its separate category from casual... but then you have people who lurk and are invested ina story, and people who lurk and aren't, and you can do that for a while.

Last edited:

BlackKnightX

Isekai: degenerates (except me, I'm way worse than that~ :blob_evil:)
One Piece: conspiracy cult
Naruto: elitists
Hunter x Hunter: Cerberus the Guard Dog of Hell
Bleach: based :cool:
Ascendant of a Bookworm: uwu
Anime YouTubers: "This shit is garbage."—a week later—"I've changed my mind, and here's why..."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 54065

Honestly? NPCs. I always skip what the NPCs say in games, so in fandoms, I also skip the opinions of fans unless I need something.

I am not vocal with my opinion in fandoms; likewise, I don't need fans' opinions. 😆

PancakesWitch

Mentally deranged people most of the time, though i wouldnt go as far as call them NPC, that's just very selfish and retarded, every person is a person, to see them beneath you is being stupid for the sake of it. Often times I believe those that call others NPC are more of a candidate for such a title than the actual people they call like that.

D

Deleted member 54065

Mentally deranged people most of the time, though i wouldnt go as far as call them NPC, that's just very selfish and retarded, every person is a person, to see them beneath you is being stupid for the sake of it. Often times I believe those that call others NPC are more of a candidate for such a title than the actual people they call like that.
Feel free to believe as such then. Lol

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Give yourself 10+ years with working people daily and then report back. :blob_salute: And not through the internet but through, let's say, retail.

D

Deleted member 54065

Give yourself 10+ years with working people daily and then report back. :blob_salute: And not through the internet but through, let's say, retail.
He hasn't experienced listening to every bit of opinion yet, or is in the middle of going through it and is still rosy about it.

Well, whatever. I know I'm an NPC as well, so idgaf about fandoms, or gaslighting me on 'looking down' on others blah blah. Feel free to diss. Lol

SailusGebel

Every person is a person, but as a queen, they are all beneath me, especially humans. If you disagree, you are probably an NPC. :blob_evil::blob_uwu:

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Hello!!!!
How would you guys categorize the types of people in fandoms for the genre of anime/manga that you are most familiar with based on the way said fans act?

I would personally categorize them (people in fandoms of shonen anime/manga) as shippers, powerscalers, theorists, and casuals.
Anklebiters: the ones who think it's cool to hate on something (but it's obvious they have nothing); the ones who criticize the fandom; just all around the people who get angry for no good reason, nipping at the ankles of the creators
artists: the amazing ones who create fanart for everyone to enjoy
breezy-byes: just passing through
detectives: those trying to investigate the story. Figuring out the mysteries
critical eye: they watch the show, and find glaring flaws that actually exist. Not inured to the flaws of anime.
terrors: influential anklebiters
lovers-turned-haters: soured to a show because after analyzing the show, they realize "oh damn... There... are so many problems! It actually sucks..." The honeymoon phase is real, people.
enlightened-to-beauty: anklebiters convinced to change
hardcore fans: it's their life, or at the very least, their room
Pulse-ometers: they don't care about it, but they like to keep tabs on the fandom itself.
Nostalgia-brains: their childhood cannot be besmirched!!!
Basic bitches: they like the show, they are in the fandom... a comment here, a comment there... the silent majority

Which ones are you all?
People who read One Piece and people who don't.
I'm among the latter.
@MatchaChocolate69 same. Haven't read it. Barely managed to watch through the first 25 episodes. It's a slog.

PlatDragon

Hello!!!!

The people with opinions I agree with, don't agree or people with wrong opinions but I can understand where they're coming from.

And another large majority is people with opinions I don't care about. Like man I don't care about powerscaling and theories (most of the time).

If I got any free time I should be spending it on reading my backlog of novels.