How would you write God?

Agentt

Thighs
Just as the title says, if you need to introduce God as one of your characters, what will be his personality, his appearance, his speech and all.

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Just as the title says, if you need to introduce God as one of your characters, what will be his personality, his appearance, his speech and all.
Without getting religious....

An old bloke who is shameless cuz he's been stuck in Heaven doing worldly matters for so long and has created himself some thick-skin.

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
This is my chuuni speaking, so it is about the three A stages; Absent, Apathy, Animus.

Either the throne is empty, devoid of the bearded old geezer with his flowy ass dress/ toga, or he is just there with an arm supporting his bored face speaking to me like an ant on the ground, or he is doing the Subarashi smile from Solo Leveling.
Without getting religious....

An old bloke who is shameless cuz he's been stuck in Heaven doing worldly matters for so long and has created himself some thick-skin.
You mean Rod the cock? From Death Mage?

Tomopher

I depends on what your god is supposed to do in the story. I personally am not a fan on 1 god but a group of gods. If he is only supposed to bring your MC to the otherworld i would take someone bored that wants entertainment but if he is supposed to play a active role for the MC and help him or something for example if the MC is a hero and the god helps him sometimes than it should be either a righteous god with pride and stuff or a god that is a bit clumsy or something

ArcadiaBlade

I'm a Lazy Writer, So What?
A being with unmatched beauty and is well-respected by those below him however he looks overworked with papers, due to balancing out how the world works. A friendly person who always seems to be helpful but once you mention work, he would talk you to boredom cast you to sleep, only to wake up by replacing him with his work and everything goes wrong as everyone goes insane to look for him while he is chilling in some place to look for entertainment and relaxation.

Powers aside, he's OP. Helpful to people but doesn't abuse his powers and mostly seeks out a place to rest, only for his servants to drag him back to his desk to continue his endless paperwork. Hell, you might had already met him passing by since he often disguises himself to be ordinary and might help you out in some cases.

That's actually our God whom we always believe in. Since we are kinda religious and our God's representative is kinda like that, which is why we don't question his will.

CL

Dead. Now not in a way that this thing couldn't interact with everything. It is God and it exists. The big difference is that it's overwhelmed when alive, but stable when dead. The thing will continue to be an icon and spread its influence wherever it can reach. That might explain the expansionism theory of the universe. As long as it exists, so will existence, but that might explain why the whole reach of the known space and beyond that appears "empty". Empty and dead, they sound so bleak, but we all know that if we were ever to go out and touch that void, something might return the gesture. Another theory.

What's out there and how far (or deep) can we go to discover that answer?

That is how I'd write my God.

LordJoyde

How to introduce 'God'?
That very much depends on the 'god' you're asking about. Is it a singular, omnipresent, all-powerful entity, or just one among many 'gods'?
And if you're talking about God of Abraham, then I like to imagine it as a ball of light with a ring of wings and pure-white threads floating out of its glowing core. The ring of angel wings is also full of open eyes.

EDIT: As for the 'personality', there wouldn't really be one. Its main characteristic would be that it is an implausible, incomprehensible enigma, something that makes you feel terrified of it, even if you sort-of understand that it is the 'good guy' in the story.

KiraMinoru

Untitled Generic Member
A struggling to pay rent in “Heaven” cynical life counsellor who’s sick of their job giving shitty life advice to mortals.

PhillisCreziles

﹤Once a Potato﹥
I would write god out as an indie video game developer, who procrastinates very much and most of the time forgets to put in updates to his only video game called [The Universe], and his mini games called [Worlds], one of them being [Earth].

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
Very, very, carefully. I actually attempted to do this is a little bit of a writing experiment, and it was very difficult.

I wrote Him vaguely. Not describing much of His appearance, other than appearing to be like a physical man, more describing a warm, comforting feeling around Him.