I NEED MOTIVES OR REASONS

OokamiKasumi

Author of Quality Smut
So I'm writing a character that's a battle freak, very strong, however, he is also kind of crazy. But intelligent not a muscle head.
-So... I'm trying to think of what could be his motives for why he likes to fight talented people who are young and are still growing (Young people who are not his match yet, or people who he can easily defeat because he is already in a high rank) Basically talented people he could squash like an ant but fights them while lowering or limiting his rank to make the fight fair and if they defeat him. He'll reward them, even as going as far as to give them some of his treasure.

So... yeah... I've been thinking what should be the reason he does this?

Swap a few choice words out, then look at your questions again.
-- I found the change of 'perspective' quite enlightening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~​
So I'm writing a character that's a Sex freak, very strong, however, he is also kind of crazy, but intelligent not a 'pervert.'​
So... I'm trying to think of what could be his motives for why he likes to 'Seduce' talented people who are young and are still growing (Young people who are not his match yet, or people who he can easily 'Attract' because he is highly 'Experienced.' Basically talented people whose hearts he could 'shatter like an egg,' but instead 'Romances' them while lowering or limiting his 'techniques' to make the competition fair. If they 'Impress' him, he'll reward them. Even going so far as to give them some of his treasures.​
So... yeah... I've been thinking what should be the reason he does this?​
~~~~~~~~~~~~​

From this perspective, his motives seem pretty clear to me.

☕

SailusGebel

Swap a few choice words out, then look at your questions again.
-- I found the change of 'perspective' quite enlightening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~​
So I'm writing a character that's a Sex freak, very strong, however, he is also kind of crazy, but intelligent not a 'pervert.'​
So... I'm trying to think of what could be his motives for why he likes to 'Seduce' talented people who are young and are still growing (Young people who are not his match yet, or people who he can easily 'Attract' because he is highly 'Experienced.' Basically talented people whose hearts he could 'shatter like an egg,' but instead 'Romances' them while lowering or limiting his 'techniques' to make the competition fair. If they 'Impress' him, he'll reward them. Even going so far as to give them some of his treasures.​
So... yeah... I've been thinking what should be the reason he does this?​
~~~~~~~~~~~~​

From this perspective, his motives seem pretty clear to me.

☕
Sistah.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
-Is it because he wants more talented people to shine or help them improve more or something
Yes, and he secretly longs to have children of his own to train, but if he breaks his vow of celibacy, bad things will happen.

owotrucked

Isekai express delivery
Ah yes. I too like to bully weak ppl. But, I'll let them win once in a blue moon so they keep coming

If you always crush noobs, there wont be anyone left to toy :blob_popcorn_two:

Sola-sama

Retired Old Man
Is this like, your 'bruh' equivalent for females xD
So I'm writing a character that's a battle freak, very strong, however, he is also kind of crazy. But intelligent not a muscle head.
-So... I'm trying to think of what could be his motives for why he likes to fight talented people who are young and are still growing (Young people who are not his match yet, or people who he can easily defeat because he is already in a high rank) Basically talented people he could squash like an ant but fights them while lowering or limiting his rank to make the fight fair and if they defeat him. He'll reward them, even as going as far as to give them some of his treasure.

-Is it because he wants more talented people to shine or help them improve more or something
-or he likes to defeat them so when they become famous they'll hear that he was the first person to defeat them or something...
-or maybe he is making talented people get stronger so when a calamity comes people are ready (basically, he's a guy who saw the future)

=In my series what happened is that the mc is known to be a deadbeat or useless but suddenly he became strong and showed off his skill in the arena and that guy caught his attention and challenged mc to fight him (the mc is the son of a patriarch or a lord and the guy who is a battle freak is a knight who works for his father)
One more thing. The mc came from another world. (He is in the game he played and became the villain kind of plot)

I'm open to any ideas~ even funny ones lol
Maybe if you make him an old monster who have knowledge of the grim future, you can put his motivation to elevate the combat power of the talented young uns so that the catastrophic future might be mitigated or changed. The future threat can be otherworldly invader or a great evil, etc etc

Getterkuma

-or he likes to defeat them so when they become famous they'll hear that he was the first person to defeat them or something...
-or maybe he is making talented people get stronger so when a calamity comes people are ready (basically, he's a guy who saw the future)

=In my series what happened is that the mc is known to be a deadbeat or useless but suddenly he became strong and showed off his skill in the arena and that guy caught his attention and challenged mc to fight him (the mc is the son of a patriarch or a lord and the guy who is a battle freak is a knight who works for his father)
One more thing. The mc came from another world. (He is in the game he played and became the villain kind of plot)

So, Hisoka from HunterxHunter, essentially.

Clown looking guy, insanely strong, insanely sadistic, but is deeply interested in young talent he can help blossom into great fighters for him to fight in the future just for the sheer enjoyment of it. He is insane, he has a high combat IQ and his power is more of a trickster archetype than a power archetype and he still steamrolls people.

M.G.Driver

I don't know man, i usually powerfarm lower areas because the exp gain is more effective and I have no chance of dying.

hisoka approach makes the best sense if you want him intelligent. you can cut out the villain part if you want.

being at the top is very lonely. he had not had a good fight in years and had not felt alive since then. its basically an addiction. you can make it as severe/creepy as you want. he longs for a good fight so he's 'raising' the younger generation. limiting himself is like taking a weak hit.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps

Wrong section. Discussions do not go into writing prompt. Read the pinned thread.

New_Leaf

Okay
Wrong section. Discussions do not go into writing prompt. Read the pinned thread.
Thanks, I was in a rush making this discussion but it's not an excuse

Edit: Will they delete this thread?