I'll Try One of my novel at Webnovel: Wish me Luck!

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
I am goin' to thoroughly review the website for aspiring authors. I'll try and test one of my novels there and do a personal review later. So what am I getting at? Wish me luck! Why am I doing it? I heard that's a change in management over there. Wanna see if anything actually changed. Why I am sharing it with you? I dunno...:blob_okay: Well, perhaps your interested in what will I do. But meh, who cares. I'm just bored.:blob_frown:

D

Deleted member 29316

No man. Now, you are making me doubt my decisions. :blob_no: :blobrofl::blobrofl:
Well, in all honesty, I haven't felt any change in their admin...mainly because I'm not that active there compared here. I just set my chapters there on auto-release and leave it.

In fact, I didn't know there's something going on in WN 'till I read the forum here.

Edit: Oh I remember one time I contacted their author support, and the one who answered me is kind of...I don' t know, intimidating?

DubstheDuke

I mean I release on webnovel but nobody makes any form of feedback at all like on here and RR I have at least a few people who make comments and there are quite a few ratings but there's just very little feedback for me on webnovel. Are there people reading? Maybe. Do they want me to know they're reading? Absolutely not.

D

Deleted member 29316

I mean I release on webnovel but nobody makes any form of feedback at all like on here and RR I have at least a few people who make comments and there are quite a few ratings but there's just very little feedback for me on webnovel. Are there people reading? Maybe. Do they want me to know they're reading? Absolutely not.
I can absolutely relate to this.

ChronicleCrawler

♠ItCrawls♠
I'll check for you bro. :blob_okay:

Saileri

Your Friendly Neighborhood IT Guy
Just post the story there as a form of using more platforms and gucci. Don't be surprised by weird, disappearing comments or reviews. They have a system where you have to comment and review daily for points and people do that and delete their responses immediately after. As a base for more viewers and readers, anything is fine. Don't get drowned in the toxicity though, there can be a lot of it sometimes. I'm posting there too.

Aleth08

Personally, I dont think webnovel is a good place to improve. The reader base there is.....lets just say they wont help you improve. On exposure part, any exposure is good exposure, so thats a good path to take. I also posted about 20 chs of mine there. But didnt continue beyond since their writing platform is not that good. No Italics, no tables, no bold; or at least it was so when I tried to post there. And sine mine uses all three, thats a no go for me.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Good luck! Feel free to drop by and give mine a five-star rating over there. It's only here where I want the one-star ratings :s_wink:

MagicalDucky

I tried my hand at webnovel too. It's ok, but yeah, like @Aleth08 said, their writing platform is awful. It's just straight text with no options for formatting whatsoever. Although if you do want to get your story out to as many people as possible, it's not the worst idea to try porting your story over. It's a lot harder to get popular on webnovel compared to SH though since I think most of the webnovel readers focus on the translated stuff, and the competition for the small portion of webnovel readers who read original works is fierce. Also, I think SH's trending system is just way better than the webnovel one with powerstones since with webnovel's system, only the stories which are already popular even have a chance to get on trending.

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
Personally, I dont think webnovel is a good place to improve. The reader base there is.....lets just say they wont help you improve. On exposure part, any exposure is good exposure, so thats a good path to take. I also posted about 20 chs of mine there. But didnt continue beyond since their writing platform is not that good. No Italics, no tables, no bold; or at least it was so when I tried to post there. And sine mine uses all three, thats a no go for me.
Wow, how do you NOT have bold and italics???? That's like the basic's of the basic. Hell, I wouldn't even call it basic. It should just be a given. I'm not against or for tables one way or the other so I can see why those might not be included....but no italics and bold....XDDD thats just pathetic.

And from what I've seen there....the few things I liked I ended up being unable to read because it kept asking me to pay for stuff. I can't remember the story, but it was like 800+ chapters and I had gotten to 50-something and it was already like buy this for extra this. And I remember considering paying, but then started doing a little math and realized, I've only read 50 something chapters out of 800+, and it was expecting me to pay something like 7-8, maybe 10 bucks for these stones or whatever...which would only unlock another 20-30 chapters or so. So I would be spending hundreds of bucks to read ONE story to it's completion. Nah. If i was going to do that, I might as well join the guy's patreon and subscribe monthly, but they didn't have a patreon and so I didn't get to read it.

Sad stuff. And I have a hunch that the majority of those stones purchased....very little if any of that money would have ended up in the author's hands.

No thanks guys. No thanks.

Last edited:

ForestDweller

I got some positive feedback there. Some negative. Okay, mostly negative, just because of MC being the way he is. But even so, some of it are still fair, saying that my novel is well-written otherwise. And that is enough to give me joy. :s_tongue:

Though discussion wise, yeah, it's far better here and there. The way they post comments there are really shitty for discussions.

Redchaos1

As another webnovel writer i wish you good luck. Don't worry, it isn't as much of a horror show as the stories make it out to be.