I'm finally a merman

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
my tail.jpg

I bought a custom fin fun mer tail, and I already love it. I can't wait to try swimming in it.

WasatchWind

Writer, musician, creator of worlds
Dont do it. If a person eats your flesh they become immortal. You will have everyone and their mother trying to consume you if you go out like that. It just ain't worth it.
I'm not familiar with what piece of merfolk mythology you're ascribing to, but I ascribe to that which I've invented for my own story.
Bro, you good? I heard you're likely to drown when you can't swing both feet when swimming.
You can swim well with it, you just need to make sure to use the dolphin kick as your primary movement. There's also a quick release method that you can use to get the tail off in a pinch - and you should never swim alone with one just in case.

But apart from that, I understand that it is extremely fun - that you can get good speed with it. I can't wait to try it myself.

Motsu

Game Lead Programmer x WebAppSoft
You can swim well with it, you just need to make sure to use the dolphin kick as your primary movement. There's also a quick release method that you can use to get the tail off in a pinch - and you should never swim alone with one just in case.
Can't wait to try it out with my pets... in case if I drown, they're there to become a witness!

Jemini

I'm not familiar with what piece of merfolk mythology you're ascribing to, but I ascribe to that which I've invented for my own story.

It's the traditional Japanese lore about Mermaids. Although, there's always also a price of some sort that comes with the immortality granted in every version of the story. Still, in the stories the people always pursue the killing and eating of mermaids regardless of the curse that comes along with it.

Reactions: Jet

LilTV1155

It's the traditional Japanese lore about Mermaids. Although, there's always also a price of some sort that comes with the immortality granted in every version of the story. Still, in the stories the people always pursue the killing and eating of mermaids regardless of the curse that comes along with it.
What's the curse that come with it?

Motsu

Is no one gonna talk about how clean the room is?
If you tell me, that is basically a girl's room... I was thinking she'd be a boy because of her pfp but when she went and pulled a customizable mermaid tail—my head was pointing into homo... although, maybe she is just self-conscious and cleaned the room before snapping a picture. No one wants to see a cluttered room, you know.

Agentt

Thighs
If you tell me, that is basically a girl's room... I was thinking she'd be a boy because of her pfp but when she went and pulled a customizable mermaid tail—my head was pointing into homo... although, maybe she is just self-conscious and cleaned the room before snapping a picture. No one wants to see a cluttered room, you know.
No one wants to, correct, but would you be considerate enough to clean your room before showing off your fantastic gills?

Motsu

No one wants to, correct, but would you be considerate enough to clean your room before showing off your fantastic gills?
Well, I am a listless person, so I'd probably show my fantastic gills—if I ever had one—somewhere neat and tidy. Other than that, yeah, I'd clean the room... I mean, if I had the time to show off, then I should use that time to clean before doing so.

AdLeto

Now to complete the ritual to become a real life merman you'll need to drown in shallow waters, your corpse will be dragged by the current to the deepest part of the sea, where the merman king will be touched by your actions and turn you into a merman