I'm joining the "TEZUKA MANGA CONTEST"!... but can you help me by giving some ideas?

yunano34a1

What is "TEZUKA MANGA CONTEST"?

It is a manga award for new artists established by "Shonen Jump" by Shueisha publisher since 1971 with the aim of finding new talents.
The Prize is named after Osamu Tezuka who was a pioneer in manga history after the war. Many professional manga artists who still work this day, were found through this award. The contest is held twice a year, and this time will be the 100th anniversary. For more info about the contest, please visit this link: https://medibang.com/contest/jumptezuka100th/

Self Introduction

I'm sure some of you already know me through Discord or from other sites. However, I'd like to introduce myself again. I am Yunano who mostly draws cute and cool waifus and occassionally draws tasty husbandos. My specialty has always been Fantasy/Game-like. Please check out my other artworks here too! https://twitter.com/Yunano34a1

Request

NOTE: The contest requires you to do original work of 55-page manga with any genre.

I'm joining the contest and I'd like to hear your thoughts or any ideas you expect or would like to see in my manga. (I can't say exactly into words in English but I think its what we call "Story Arcs" and "Tropes/Scenes") One thing for sure is that this will be related to my novel here called "The Key of Seven Grimoires Defile the Evil"... Please notice me sempai~!

Last edited:

Nerothemajin

I'm also joining the contest, but I can give you some ideas if you want

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Very nice! Well, I personally don't think there are enough reverse harem stories out there. Polyandry is slowly starting to gain some traction in the zeitgeist, so if you're feeling bold, you could have some fun with that.

BTW, I followed you on Twitter :s_wink:

yunano34a1

I'm also joining the contest, but I can give you some ideas if you want

Woah~! For real!? Thank you so much! Also please check the guy who made the manga called "Shadowborn" it really interested me since it reminds me of Soul Eater

yunano34a1

Very nice! Well, I personally don't think there are enough reverse harem stories out there. Polyandry is slowly starting to gain some traction in the zeitgeist, so if you're feeling bold, you could have some fun with that.

BTW, I followed you on Twitter :s_wink:

Oh my How daring! Actually in my novel my male to female ratio is 5:1
even tho its like that I drew first the female to act as a bait hehehe~
but yeah I will try to do this! Edit: I also followed you back!

yunano34a1

Okay, now what kind of idea do you need?

I'm thinking of which arc should I start? Or perhaps start directly in action. What I have in mind is two things: 1st is the "Frost Giant Raid Arc" and 2nd is the "Pirates and Missing Adventurers Conspiracy Arc"

this is just a joke idea, but what if you retold the astro boy manga and make every character trans?

transformers.

yunano34a1

this is just a joke idea, but what if you retold the astro boy manga and make every character trans?

transformers.

It's quite an old anime now that I think about it I suddenly felt too old and I'll think about this!

Nerothemajin

I'm thinking of which arc should I start? Or perhaps start directly in action. What I have in mind is two things: 1st is the "Frost Giant Raid Arc" and 2nd is the "Pirates and Missing Adventurers Conspiracy Arc"
First don't make it an isekai because the isekai genre is so common now that it's really easy to fail. As for the opening arc it depends on your narrative: For me, I like building up some relationships first and then go into action

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
No I haven't can you please link it here so I can read it?

Uhm, sorry, no. I think that would violate forum rules. Also, I wouldn't know which aggregator has a decent copy or if any of them has a copy. It was something I read when mangatraders was still alive.

Here's a wikipedia entry to at least give you an inkling.

Posting from phone so it's a mobile version link.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
This is very interesting! I looked at some of the manga submissions and they were really interesting. You have art skill that many will never have and if you make a manga I'm sure it would be pretty great.

As a side note since I saw you have done work for SEGA: I always wanted to play PSO2 NA about 4 years ago. Can you go back in time and fix this?

First don't make it an isekai because the isekai genre is so common now that it's really easy to fail. As for the opening arc it depends on your narrative: For me, I like building up some relationships first and then go into action

I will forever wonder why "Death March Parallel World Rhapsody" and "In Another World With My Smartphone" didn't fail.

Nerothemajin

This is very interesting! I looked at some of the manga submissions and they were really interesting. You have art skill that many will never have and if you make a manga I'm sure it would be pretty great.

As a side note since I saw you have done work for SEGA: I always wanted to play PSO2 NA about 4 years ago. Can you go back in time and fix this?

I will forever wonder why "Death March Parallel World Rhapsody" and "In Another World With My Smartphone" didn't fail.
Actually they did, with smartphone being maybe the worst isekai ever

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
What is "TEZUKA MANGA CONTEST"?

It is a manga award for new artists established by "Shonen Jump" by Shueisha publisher since 1971 with the aim of finding new talents.
The Prize is named after Osamu Tezuka who was a pioneer in manga history after the war. Many professional manga artists who still work this day, were found through this award. The contest is held twice a year, and this time will be the 100th anniversary. For more info about the contest, please visit this link: https://medibang.com/contest/jumptezuka100th/

Self Introduction

I'm sure some of you already know me through Discord or from other sites. However, I'd like to introduce myself again. I am Yunano who mostly draws cute and cool waifus and occassionally draws tasty husbandos. My specialty has always been Fantasy/Game-like. Please check out my other artworks here too! https://twitter.com/Yunano34a1

Request

NOTE: The contest requires you to do original work of 55-page manga with any genre.

I'm joining the contest and I'd like to hear your thoughts or any ideas you expect or would like to see in my manga. (I can't say exactly into words in English but I think its what we call "Story Arcs" and "Tropes/Scenes") One thing for sure is that this will be related to my novel here called "The Key of Seven Grimoires Defile the Evil"... Please notice me sempai~!

I don't have an suggestions nor advice, but good luck with the contest! ^^)/
Uhm, sorry, no. I think that would violate forum rules. Also, I wouldn't know which aggregator has a decent copy or if any of them has a copy. It was something I read when mangatraders was still alive.

Here's a wikipedia entry to at least give you an inkling.

Posting from phone so it's a mobile version link.
You can link to mangadex and to mangaupdates if you wanna link to mangas.

Or if they have an official english release, you can link to the publisher's website.