Imposter Syndrome

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Either you grow until you fit your mask or peel it off to "find yourself", consume, convert and copulate, my friend.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head get out of my head

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Only fleetingly. Then, I remember that lots of other people feel it, too. I remind myself of my qualifications, and life goes on. I certainly felt some when I first brought my baby home, but I reminded myself that I took a human development course in university, and most parents don't. All parents should, but they don't.

If you are considering parenthood, I highly recommend this book. It was assigned by my professor in addition to our textbook:

Also, watch "The Business of Being Born."

Also, watch this:

And this:

Also, get a human development textbook. Read the whole thing. Keep it in your bathroom and read through it slowly so you have time to absorb everything.

D

Deleted member 61829

Anyone else ever feel it? The sense that you are not quite skilled/smart enough for your profession (or classes if you are a student) and you are actually deceiving everyone about your qualifications, just an imposter. Usually it helps to spend some time with friends and family outside your specialty. In my case I often feel like I'm not really a part of my family when I'm at home, like I'm not human, but an imposter changeling that has replaced my family's beloved member. Going to classes at college tends to clear up that feeling tough.
I have it all the time with my writing to the point that I get intense writing block for months. :// Despite the years of me writing I always feel as though I'm never going to be good enough, and that I'm a fraud to the point that I start to hate writing. :s_frown: