Implemented Links that open to a new window instead of loading the linked page

wawanaoki

Hi,

When a reader clicks the LINK in a story it changes the browser's page from the story's chapter to the linked address. Which is not what I expected to happen, I don't want to the reader to suddenly leave the site and lose track of where they were.

Is there way to configure the link so that it opens another browser tab or a new browser window instead? I know it can be done in via javascript via window.open(url).

Thanks,

wawanaoki

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
That’s actually quite nice for phone. I sometimes misclick and lose the part where I was. 囧rz

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
Can't you just right click and open on a new tab...?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Royal Road has it, and if a dumpster can have good stuff, why can't we have good stuff?

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Can't you hold your finger over the link and click to open on a new tab then?
yes, but that's also annoying to do. Then again, going to that new tab that opened up when you clicked the link is also annoying

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Can't you hold your finger over the link and click to open on a new tab then?
i dont know. i dont interwebz on my phone so requisite finger games to do stuff is beyond me.

on the practicality side, it has merit depending on whether it auto switches to the newly opened tab or not.

Tony

Staff member
Hi,

When a reader clicks the LINK in a story it changes the browser's page from the story's chapter to the linked address. Which is not what I expected to happen, I don't want to the reader to suddenly leave the site and lose track of where they were.

Is there way to configure the link so that it opens another browser tab or a new browser window instead? I know it can be done in via javascript via window.open(url).

Thanks,

wawanaoki
That’s actually quite nice for phone. I sometimes misclick and lose the part where I was. 囧rz
Sounds good <3
I think they're aiming for phone use with this suggestion.
Royal Road has it, and if a dumpster can have good stuff, why can't we have good stuff?
yes, but that's also annoying to do. Then again, going to that new tab that opened up when you clicked the link is also annoying
i dont know. i dont interwebz on my phone so requisite finger games to do stuff is beyond me.

on the practicality side, it has merit depending on whether it auto switches to the newly opened tab or not.
It is!? >.<

I dunno, I'm so used to going through dozens of daily alerts on NUF on phone, that it feels pretty natural to me already...

Sure, it's been implemented. All external links (non Scribble Hub link) will now open a new window instead.