List your random skills: just curious if I am as random as I think.

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
Level 10: God- Procrastination.
I argue, it is a condition, not a skill... It is funny as heck though. Just kidding.

You'd be surprised how many people have a sleep resistance skill lvl3 and above, I'm guessing mine is at lvl4 nearing lvl5, I can go a day(24hours) without sleeping.
Not surprised. Definitely not boasting: my highest record is four nights without sleep. I liked to try seven recently, but surviving fifth day is painful, and is killing my health.
I'm no more than average at any one thing because I try too many things instead of putting a lot of time and focus on one.
I feel the same, it is just so hard to commit.
I don't know how, but do I detect pain?
Magnet for bills and taxes
If only we know the polarity of bills and taxes, we might have resisted them.
Hyper focus:
Able to become obsessive over something and single minded doing that thing until the pleasure wears off.
Causes intrusive thought even after the obsession ended.
Pleasurable negativity:
Gain sometimes pleasure, comfort or happiness from discomfort, distress, pain or sadness.
Good sporadic memory:
You have good memory that will fail you sometimes.
Good sporadic intelligence:
You are intelligent but sometimes you stop functioning.
Delirium:
You can go in a energy saving modus we're your actions are limited but exhaustion disappears.
Delirium goes well with sleep resistance, trust me... They can replace a good high.
Used to do bull whip tricks. Badly out of practice but there are a few I know can still do
Nice! I've never seen a bullwhip in real life except yt shorts. From what I saw, it looks more awesome than arnis.
Cool it with the pity party
Nah, let's go hard!
If "random" means non-academic, or similar, that would be 3D modelling on blender, and some coding. (technically, coding is academic, but I'm self taught so I'ma count it as that.)

And climbing trees and playing computer games.
Same, I am self-taught to most shenanigans I get into except the journalism part. It is part of the class special program in high school, so cannot avoid it. It was hell.
Daydreaming lv10.
Definitely had that, just didn't think of it... I use it most often during commute, or if I need inspiration to write.
I have an very interesting set of skills: I am a licensed firearms instructor, I am a qualified marksman, I qualify in every way except professionally to be a 3 star chef, I can build a cabin, dig foxhole, interpret Phoenician/Classical Greek, tear down and put together most firearms, split logs for hours, read around 450 wpm, make a fire with matches or lighter, I'm beginning to spec my stats into learning Korean.
You are so badass, if there is a zombie apocalypse, I will be glad to have you as an ally! Be my nakama!
writing is probably my biggest. I've still got a lot of issues and bad habits, but I'm growing every day. outside of that, I can throw cards. not completely accurately, but hard enough to stick them in a pinewood board. I'm a good shot at archery and guns, I'm good at trades-crafts, like wood working, metalurgy, welding. I learned the basics of smithing. I've been doing HEMA for probably 5-6 years now and can match most of my local fighters, especially with swordplay.

Honestly, I wanted to be at least semi-realistic in my writing, so I tried to learn at least the basics of any skill that might come up in my writing.

Though I did learn a few that are strictly for my personal enjoyment, like sewing, acting, and small electronics repair (the first two are for DND and LARP).
You have a production class? Awesome... And archery and guns? Just as badass! If there is a zombie apocalypse, I also want you as my ally! Be my nakama!
I think I know - Blacksmithing. Basic survival (Not really)

Stuff I’m doing - Woodworking, drawing, and Clay

Im kinda good - Using weapons, like swords and bows. I’m a medieval nut.

Goodat - Weaving, I can make cordage and rope.

Political science
Nice, another promising fella... And a medieval nut of all things? I wouldn't want to be sent to Game of Thrones, but if I did, I hope I befriend you their. You seem geared for a medieval isekai... Be my nakama!
:blob_hide: Noob level: editing, writing, cooking, electrician work
Not bad:knife sharpening :blobspearpeek:, welding,
Master level: procrastinating

A fellow sufferer of maladaptive daydreaming?
Maladaptive daydreaming can be a sickness, it spreads and infects! I am a fellow sufferer too!
Noob level: Cooking, speaking, living, Floor laying.
Not Bad: Gaming, Baritone Playing, Marching, Adopting an online persona.
Master: Power Napping, Stress Eating, Making things more complicated than they have to be.
I empathize, but baritone playing?? I really had to search it up on Google, but cool~! The only instrument I know is guitar and flute.
Boooooooo
Yeah, it is boo-able. The instructor is a strait-laced strict person who would make you push up if you drop the stick (part of the discipline). Worse of all, they make you twirl the stick so much that you need to bleed from the palm and between your thumb and index finger to build callouses. I was a sheltered guy, so it was pretty difficult. They also require you to be flexible (nearly gymnast-level flexible), and it sure isn't an aggressive sport. It is literally a dance-off on the mat. Apparently, Arnis is less of a sport and more of a presentation. It is not about self-defense or being aggressive, it is all about acting cool with a stick. Took me the hard way to learn that fact of life.
The only good thing that came from it is I learned how to hit people with a stick with intent to harm in 16 different ways, that's the only aggressive part I learned about Arnis which is not bad, that consoled me a bit now that I recall it.

Last edited:

Notadate

Nice, another promising fella... And a medieval nut of all things? I wouldn't want to be sent to Game of Thrones, but if I did, I hope I befriend you their. You seem geared for a medieval isekai... Be my nakama!
Wouldn’t say game of thrones level. But I think with on hands training I would pick up it faster. Except bow, I am proud to say if the target is big enough I can do it.

Man, I hate surburbia! You can’t set up a forge.

Im more of a crafter

John_Owl

The one with fluffy wings
You have a production class? Awesome... And archery and guns? Just as badass! If there is a zombie apocalypse, I also want you as my ally! Be my nakama!
multiple production classes. between high school and college, i've done woods, metalurgy, and auto mechanics. I started learning smithing from my neighbor. and i'm from a family of hunters, so archery and guns were expected.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
  • Strangely impossibly good eyesight
  • Near perfect shot with an iron-sight AK-47 at a range of 450 yards(trying for 500)
  • Explodes often but improperly
  • Can cook the good shit(food)
  • Potential for meme stories
  • Sword and bow skills
  • Writing
  • Has an immunity to most normal doses of drug(legal or otherwise)
  • Hair defies physics
  • Is less likely to be eaten by cultural/religious cannibals
  • Knows way too much about the Bible and Church history
  • Can read Beowulf era old English
  • Can predict the ending of most movies within the first 15 minutes
  • Welding
  • Running farm equipment
  • Farming/gardening
  • Plumbing
  • Automotive repair
  • Espionage
  • Carpentry
  • Woodworking
  • Glassblowing
  • More

Alfir

The Inventor of Words
  • Strangely impossibly good eyesight
  • Near perfect shot with an iron-sight AK-47 at a range of 450 yards(trying for 500)
  • Explodes often but improperly
  • Can cook the good shit(food)
  • Potential for meme stories
  • Sword and bow skills
  • Writing
  • Has an immunity to most normal doses of drug(legal or otherwise)
  • Hair defies physics
  • Is less likely to be eaten by cultural/religious cannibals
  • Knows way too much about the Bible and Church history
  • Can read Beowulf era old English
  • Can predict the ending of most movies within the first 15 minutes
  • Welding
  • Running farm equipment
  • Farming/gardening
  • Plumbing
  • Automotive repair
  • Espionage
  • Carpentry
  • Woodworking
  • Glassblowing
  • More
Oh my... Are you secretly the protagonist? Why so badass? You can thrive pretty much in any isekai scenario except the truck.

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Level 9999 ADD, that's ADHD but without the movement bonus, not actual adds
Laziness also max level
Pretty good at twisting words and using them as weapons of mass destruction
Good enough at cooking and baking
My coffee can be used as revival potions
Basic knowledge about farming, foresting and cultivation (of mushrooms, not the new age stoner druggie one)
I guess I could survive longer on food or water than most, but I didn't try it out to the extremes yet
And the ability to sleep everywhere no matter how uncomfortable it is.

Shit, don't tell me I'm a survial novel protagonist?!

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Oh my... Are you secretly the protagonist? Why so badass? You can thrive pretty much in any isekai scenario except the truck.
My family was poor blue collar so I learned how to do a lot of stuff from working with my plumber grandfather, automotive tech dad, carpenter grandfather, gardening grandmother's, and mom with a master's in English and history. Also, I grew up in the deep south so guns are a language.
So you never have the pleasure of experiencing your friends putting up 16 fingers in front of your face and ask "how many dis?"
Nope.

i'm just a lv 0 without imagine breaker

on a serious note, i'm kinda too lazy to list things i'm good at since i don't care that much. thinking that i'm good at something just makes me feel pressured in a bad way.

imma just say im pretty much average at everything at best and move on, makes me feel peaceful instead.

Aader

I am too old for this shit.
You are so badass, if there is a zombie apocalypse, I will be glad to have you as an ally! Be my nakama
Zombie apocalypse, I'd probably be dead early. It's usually the most skilled that die early due skill based arrogance

Hans.Trondheim

Mr Negative | Avoid at all cost
I want to share a little bit about myself:
I don't know where to begin, but here goes nothing---
To make an analogy, I am a game character with a very 'suboptimal build' thanks to my lack of planning since I graduated from infancy... I am an Asian, and things for us work differently: graduating from infancy is a thing. I am currently attending college and when I look back in life, I realize how messed up my skill build is. In essence, I am what you call a ruined game character.

Anyway, here is my plethora of skills from life skills, sports skills, general skills, technical skills, and weirder skills.:
Level 1: Noob- CInematography, Drawing, Origami, Badminton, CPR
Level 2: Not bad- Arnis, Journalism Writing, News/Radio Broadcasting, Fictional Writing, the Peddler Skill, Rap, Acting, Rom Hacking, Rubix Cube, Package Designing, Scrabble, Speak English, Guessing the Time by feel, Guitar (I know enough cords, and also knows how to finger it with style), Leadership, Eating, Profiting from small business deals, Dodging (both in literal and metaphorical sense), Reading, Typing, Using Windows Excel,
Level 3: Proficient- Video Editing, Chess, Reporting, Math, Speech Writing/Presenting, Team-player, Poker face, Persuading people, Story-telling
Level 4: Awesome- Yu-Gi-Oh, Hide and Seek, Staring at a screen, Making Excuses, Being Alone, Using Windows PowerPoint in very creative ways
Level 5: Master- Sleep Resistance.

I bet no one here from the SH forum will be able to guess the course I am taking just by looking at my skill set, even I was surprised what got into me for taking my current course.
Anyways, how about you? Care to share your skillset?
Hans
Level: 34
Primary Job: Educator
Secondary Job: Consultant (Law)

Debuffs: Diabetes, asthma

Skills Set

Level 5: Drawing/Illustration, Baking, Cooking
Level 4: Writing novels, Ignoring bullshit, Doing laundry, Power-typing
Level 3: Introvert-ism, Photography, Painting, Singing, Playing Drums, Coding
Level 2: Extrovert-ism
Level 1: Chess, Basketball

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
Ehem... Let me try looking down at myself.

Noob: Editing, Considerate, Eyesight, Hearing, Arabic.

Average: Cooking, Lying, Attention Span, Cleaning, Soccer, Intrusive Thoughts, Diligence, Grammatical Errors, Strength, Writing, Writing Arabic Words.

Awesome: Speaking English, Gibberish, Roasting, Truthful, Understanding, Troublemaking, Obeying, Assumption, Baseless Assumption, Ambiguous Speech, Persuading, Guilty, Leadership, Feeling Useless, Agile, Dodging, Blocking, Responsibility, Reflexes, Explaining, Rational, Game Senses.

Expert: Believer, Excusing, Gaming, Determination, Questioning, Ambivert, Sarcasm, Talking, Making Friends, Overconfident.

Yes, I am aware of putting a lot of skill in the Awesome Category list. This is what I see in myself. I might be wrong though. So maybe I'm just being narcissistic.

GoodPerson

The only active fanfictioners in the forum.
That's creative... Never saw debuffs that way. I always thought debuffs could be removed with the right spells or medicines
You haven't heard of Decaying Winter? Do not play it.

Nah, have more confidence. Just don't be a jerk, and you are golden.

Well, about that... I might accidentally or unknowingly become a jerk for several people. That's how i depict myself based on how the people in a dormitory area reacts to me.