Little question to the community.

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
What does tracer mean or why do the flak lines curve? I could try to look this up myself, but it probably would confuse me more. I don't really understand weapon systems and I feel like somebody here could just answer it easily in a simple way.

Long story? Or short story?

Short story, ballistic long range weaponry with high cadence designed to ground flying objects at higher altitudes with the help of radar or optical based target systems, shortened AAA, anti-aircraft-artillery.

Long story, big evil flying thingies must be shot down. *Boom* *Boom* *Boom* *sound of aircraft crashing down* :blob_evil_two:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
I see the typo now! Why does this always happen to me? :blob_pout: :blobrofl:

Edit: And, why are you the one who always notices? It's like you're constantly proofreading my every post!
*pat pat pat*
Blame Tony. This forum has only space for shitty resolutions. :blob_teary:
If you link it from a 3rd party upload, you can use as much of a high res image as you want~

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
*pat pat pat*

If you link it from a 3rd party upload, you can use as much of a high res image as you want~

The issue is that the original pic was too big for the site. So I had to minimize it. Therefore, the low resolution.

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Before I scrolled down and saw AliceShiki's Google's answer, I thought it was latte art gone horribly wrong.

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
The issue is that the original pic was too big for the site. So I had to minimize it. Therefore, the low resolution.
If you upload it to a 3rd party site, and then re-link it to Scribbly, you can use whatever size you want.

If you try uploading it directly to Scribbly, then you're limited to about 1mb IIRC.

Halversen

What does tracer mean or why do the flak lines curve? I could try to look this up myself, but it probably would confuse me more. I don't really understand weapon systems and I feel like somebody here could just answer it easily in a simple way.

"Tracer" is the type of bullets or projectiles, that are illuminated as soon as they are fired.
This is very useful to distinguish and "trace" other projectiles especially in the middle of the night.

Flak lines don't curve. Well, depending on the wind strength, it could. But most of the time, it doesn't.
Those are just some plane trail marks, due to their hard banking maneuvers to avoid the flaks.

"Flaks" by the way...erh.
Just imagine an ordinary bullet.
Then make it bigger. At the size of a chair.
Then put smaller metal balls or smaller things inside.
And when it is fired, the bullet will explode in the air to release all of the smaller things to penetrate the flying planes or whatsoever up in the sky.

Last edited:

Suryae

Dismembered
It's a bit late, but I thought that was someone's room under ultraviolet rays, in black and white.

Yorda

Villainess Yorda the Virtuous Flower of Evil
"Tracer" is the type of bullets or projectiles, that are illuminated as soon as they are fired.
This is very useful to distinguish and "trace" other projectiles especially in the middle of the night.

Flak lines don't curve. Well, depending on the wind strength, it could. But most of the time, it doesn't.
Those are just some plane trail marks, due to their hard banking maneuvers to avoid the flaks.

And when it is fired, the bullet will explode in the air to release all of the smaller things to penetrate the flying planes or whatsoever up in the sky.

That explained everything I didn't understand! Thank you for the comprehensible vernacular.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts

isn't there this tank bullet that is basically a really huge piece of rock shaped like a bullet that doesn't explode but basically just pierces enemy tanks through sheer velocity and brute force? the one burgerland uses. what is it called again?

Halversen

isn't there this tank bullet that is basically a really huge piece of rock shaped like a bullet that doesn't explode but basically just pierces enemy tanks through sheer velocity and brute force? the one burgerland uses. what is it called again?

Do you mean those "Palliser Shots"? Yeah. They don't explode when they hit a target. The base had a hollow pocket but was not filled with powder or explosive. It's because they had difficulties making these large projectiles without cracking the iron base when they are cooled off.
RML_7_inch_Palliser_shot_Mk_VI_diagram.jpg