Recommendations looking for something interesting to read...

Mitsuha

Well... scribblehub, being the den of all kind of filth you can find in human mind (well... that's what I heard in NU), honestly isn't my first choice. I'm looking for a story where the protagonist is straight in sexual orientation, single partner (no harem, ending a relationship with girl A to start relationship with girl B is alright), weak to strong, not OP protagonist, no mention of god/goddess, not being the strongest or near strongest, except in epilogue or end, character growth for most of the named characters that interacts with the protagonist often, non-2D villain, the protagonist is not always right, the protagonist is not lucky, not romance centric, modern day is preferable compared to fantasy world, but not necessary, not fetish story (like furry, loli, slime girl), and... well, just give me your suggestion? I'll refine the request based on your suggestion.

Last edited:

Assurbanipal_II

Empress of the Four Corners of the World
Well... scribblehub, being the den of all kind of filth you can find in human mind (well... that's what I heard in NU), honestly isn't my first choice. I'm looking for a story where the protagonist is straight in sexual orientation, single partner (no harem, ending a relationship with girl A to start relationship with girl B is alright), weak to strong, not OP protagonist, no mention of god/goddess, not being the strongest or near strongest, except in epilogue or end, character growth for most of the named characters that interacts with the protagonist often, non-2D villain, the protagonist is not always right, the protagonist is not lucky, not romance centric, modern day is preferable compared to fantasy world, but not necessary, and... well, just give me your suggestion? I'll refine the request based on your suggestion.

Hmmmm, can you please add more caveats.:blob_hmm: Your list seems rather ... short.

Mitsuha

Hmmmm, can you please add more caveats.:blob_hmm: Your list seems rather ... short.
Honestly... I'm more interested in protagonist that struggled, like in sport manga. I like analytical protagonist the most. I don't like romance usually, when they take the focus of the story. But I like my ship, is that confusing? I just like it when the author build up the chemistry between the pairing that it feels right to ship them instead of it being forced. Ah... one more criteria, don't make the protagonist handsome without other handsome people around him, or make his surrounding straight up ugly people. What else...? Well, I am just unmotivated in reading isekai, since there is little of those isekai that doesn't feel like I am reading trash. I hate harem in isekai the most.

Hmm... about edgy protagonist, as long as it is not coupled with harem, I usually like it. Someone like the protagonist of dungeon seeker, or hajime before he meets the rabbit girl is entertaining to read.

Also, for preference, I really like time travel/second chance stories. Especially when it is time loop.

Last edited:

Assurbanipal_II

Honestly... I'm more interested in protagonist that struggled, like in sport manga. I like analytical protagonist the most. I don't like romance usually, when they take the focus of the story. But I like my ship, is that confusing? I just like it when the author build up the chemistry between the pairing that it feels right to ship them instead of it being forced. Ah... one more criteria, don't make the protagonist handsome without other handsome people around him, or make his surrounding straight up ugly people. What else...? Well, I am just unmotivated in reading isekai, since there is little of those isekai that doesn't feel like I am reading trash. I hate harem in isekai the most.

I would recommend myself, but I dont think my novels fulfil your stringent criteria. :blob_cookie: So good luck on your search for the oasis!

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Time loop makes me think of Mother of Learning by nobody103.

I'm imagining, yup, just imagining, that your criteria is likely to yield you zero search results.

Last edited:

Foxxy

Well... scribblehub, being the den of all kind of filth you can find in human mind (well... that's what I heard in NU), honestly isn't my first choice. I'm looking for a story where the protagonist is straight in sexual orientation, single partner (no harem, ending a relationship with girl A to start relationship with girl B is alright), weak to strong, not OP protagonist, no mention of god/goddess, not being the strongest or near strongest, except in epilogue or end, character growth for most of the named characters that interacts with the protagonist often, non-2D villain, the protagonist is not always right, the protagonist is not lucky, not romance centric, modern day is preferable compared to fantasy world, but not necessary, not fetish story (like furry, loli, slime girl), and... well, just give me your suggestion? I'll refine the request based on your suggestion.

uuuuhhhhhh i wish you good luck because almost 90% of all novels i have read are striked unless you are fine with novels where MC goes back in time and starts over?
The legendary Mechanic by Chocolin would be the best one i can think of MC is reincarnated as an experimental subject in his fav game 1 year before the players enter beta testing. The only thing that can make him questionable by the criteria is future knowledge which depending on perspective is op but also you need to know how to use it in the best way possible.

Mitsuha

uuuuhhhhhh i wish you good luck because almost 90% of all novels i have read are striked unless you are fine with novels where MC goes back in time and starts over?
The legendary Mechanic by Chocolin would be the best one i can think of MC is reincarnated as an experimental subject in his fav game 1 year before the players enter beta testing. The only thing that can make him questionable by the criteria is future knowledge which depending on perspective is op but also you need to know how to use it in the best way possible.

I'm fine if he/she had to earn physical power that contribute to OP-ness. So... if it is purely mental knowledge, I like it. What I dislike is for example, in fighting genre, MC overpowered the enemy with strength instead of technique. or in isekai, the MC power trivialize him and reduce his growth to near zero.

hansora

May I interrupt here? :blob_aww:

I'm a new user of Scribble Hub and would like to promote my book

The Ocean Beneath Her Feet

If you love fluffy romance with doting love interest and a hint of mystery/tragedy feel free to read it :blob_gift:

Attachments

• ocean 4.jpg
    ocean 4.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 73

Kumea

Your list, is more strict than any parent looking for best man for marrying her daughter. Perhaps you can lower the flavor

atgongumerki

tree of aeon (has god; but mc is not specially selected; selection is more random)
lord of death (not isekai)
the great game - the young master ? (has multiple god characters who play a game; mc does has to reincarnate over and over again for the entertainment of the gods; do not know about harem, did not read that long)

tales of a killer flower
displaced (multiple protagonists

D

Deleted member 3426

I may have a series that fits your criteria, but the thing is, I only have it vaguely planned out since I’m currently writing a novel that doesn’t fit your criteria (it’s Boys Love). I can still reveal to you a tidbit as a way to shamelessly advertise it before I publish it, which will be some time in the near future:

Zen is a twenty-five year old man who has lost everything. Everything.

He was born with a very useless ability: the ability to control fragile, transparent strings. Seriously, Zen can’t even choke or trip anyone with it. Thus, his Family ostracized him, as they do to all weak members.

When his scheme to humiliate a certain someone from one of the Great Families fails, Zen is disowned by his Family. As payback for scheming against their person, Zen was tortured, crippled, and left to hopelessly roam the streets of the city.

Even then, his bad luck continues to plague him: He was constantly scammed and bullied by his fellow homeless wanderers.

At the end of all his lines, Zen finally falls prey to one of the greatest scammers in the city. In exchange for the power to take revenge, Zen trades away ten years of his life.

With his new-found powers, Zen takes revenge on the homeless bums who bullied him. Finally! Good luck is on my side, he thought.

However, he rejoiced too soon. His body suddenly falls to the cold, concrete ground. Zen could feel himself dying. How...? He thought bitterly, My luck is so fucking bad... I can’t even live to be 35? Curse you, fate!

Samuel Dockes stared down at the body of the man struggling to live even on his dying breath.

“You and I... are similar. We have been forsaken by the Families. But whereas I chose to give up, you choose to live.
Very well, I will give you a second chance.”

When Zen opens his eyes, he realizes he has returned to the incident 10 years ago—the incident before everything turned worse.

Follow Zen on his journey, filled with tons of bad luck, as he forms his Family and takes revenge against the Families who once brought him down to his lowest—all while knowing he won’t live to pass the age of 35.

Tags: Mystery, Action, Fantasy, Romance, Adopted Family Members, Family, Revenge
*MC: Becomes overpowered, but mainly chooses to lay low for the most part. Also, his biggest hater is his bad luck.
*NO HAREM. MC sticks with one girl. She’d rip off his balls if he brings home another girl.
*FANTASY: No mythical creatures or magic. People are just born with different abilities.
*NOTE: I may change some things as I continue planning out my story. But this is the general premise.

If you want to check out a sneak peek of Zen, hehehe, he will appear in Chapter 6 of my current series, To Love A Moura, since they share the same universe.

YES. I AM SHAMELESSLY ADVERTISING A BL STORY AND ANOTHER NOVEL THAT HAS NOT YET EXISTED.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Well... scribblehub, being the den of all kind of filth you can find in human mind (well... that's what I heard in NU), honestly isn't my first choice.
Wait, wait. Time out.

How has nobody in this thread mentioned this little bit? I would like to take a moment to draw attention to this key point here.

That is all. Carry on. :blob_popcorn:

binarysoap

Currently Lurking
Wait, wait. Time out.

How has nobody in this thread mentioned this little bit? I would like to take a moment to draw attention to this key point here.

That is all. Carry on. :blob_popcorn:
Why would we bother to mention it when we all know that it's true?

It's like mentioning that you have a gall bladder. Like why bother, when we know that's true?

Elim

I like how we are struggling to reply to you lmfao.

You should probably tell us what type of novels you like to read so we get the idea.

I'd like to shamelessly suggest my story: The Odyssey of Dalis if you wish for character development for most of the characters that revolve around the protagonist (being a story that is heavily focused on that). But unfortunately, it is quite tropey despite having a very serious overarching plot (since it very comedy focused early) and thus has a lot of the stuff you don't wish to have >_<.

Thus, I will suggest Koto's Story: The 7th Demon Lord
I haven't read much of it, but I know he's put a lot of effort into its making. :blob_uwu:
I think his story fits all the stuff you want except the part about having a partner at the end.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Well... scribblehub, being the den of all kind of filth you can find in human mind
Well, my story fails to meet your requirements on several metrics, but you are welcome to drop a one-star rating on it if you like 😇

Assurbanipal_II

Well, my story fails to meet your requirements on several metrics, but you are welcome to drop a one-star rating on it if you like 😇

If I get 1 dollar for every 1 star rating you get, then I would be quickly scribblionaire I guess. :blob_hmm:

Goswick

Drunken Australian
I mean, I kind of have a story that matches up with a fair bit of the stuff here called "Permanight". Granted, it's only like 10k words atm, but it's a dark contemporary litrpg with characters that have to overcome their own shortcomings, the protagonist is not always right, there's characters that have to grow alongside the main character, and there's a big focus on the relationships between characters in a non-2D manner

If you're interested in that, you can take a look here.

I really think though that having a "fallible protagonist" tag or something along those lines would be good. Honestly though, it can be kind of hard to find those stories on Scribblehub. Other than that, I second the recommendation for Mother of Learning by nobody103 that somebody else posted earlier. Anyway, sorry about the self promo though lol.