Modern society/happiness =?

wintersky

Is modern society healthy for our psychology?
Is it society's fault or individual, who desperately want to find happiness but who is void of spirit?

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Let me shoot my shot here. I might have a very differing opinion, but hear me out: I rather live this rat's life than prance around in the sunshine like some village man tending for his fields and sheep.

I don't know, it's something about the daily grind for life that entices me. It feels cathartic to me. It might be me as a person but the monotony of city life attracts me like no other. The nine-to-five hours, the daily commute back home, the bare meal you'd have back home, that time you lay in bed and dream about what you would do once you reach that savings quota before eventually drifting away to another day.

It's something about the endless grind and the oasis of a goal that sucks me in. It's a never-ending cycle that will eventually meet the end; either I win the lottery and reach my dream or die out of old age. It's a sensation of routine that brings security and stability into my life. I feel safe doing it all.

This sounds like a boring Joe life, and it is. And I love it.

So tell me, is my psychology fucked? What is psychology based on, anyway? Is this video supposed to tell me that I'm a mouse in a trap for following the average Joe life? What if I'm happy doing it? Does that mean I'm unhealthy? That I'm crazy because I don't follow conventional ideas? I feel full of spirit to invite the next Monday. Does that make me mad?

D4isuke

Depressed Pervert who loves writing good smut.
Happiness is nothing but satisfaction,

but how do we gain our satisfaction?

Through knowledge, of course

but how do we gain our knowledge?

Through many course

like what?

BACHELOR’S FUCKING DEGREE

What if not?

Be happy in other wise!

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
You can be happy doing whatever you want tbh, happiness is somewhat independent of most outside factors.

That said, I can say it is easier to be happy when your life isn't filled with uncertainties and stress, when you can live by doing what you love, you have bigger chances of being happy.

And I can assure you that modern day life is exactly what I love, so I'm happy here~

Polarize4777

I rather be in this age and time than when they were doing questionable things in the past just because of some dumb reasons lol.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
That's the plight of the male, at least from my perspective. It baffles me why other women are so set on working outside the home, because that's all I see when I see other people running off to work. Working inside the home suits me very well.

“Whenever women have insisted on absolute equality with men, they have invariably wound up with the dirty end of the stick. What they are and what they can do makes them superior to men, and their proper tactic is to demand special privileges, all the traffic will bear. They should never settle merely for equality. For women, 'equality' is a disaster.”
― Robert A. Heinlein