My thoughts on AC Shadows after seeing the trailer.

ConansWitchBaby

Da Scalie Whisperer
I'm just wondering what else they are going to cut to make it as brain dead easy as possible.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
No, I'm talking about your interests!!!! STOP PROJECTING you blood sucker!
RDT_20240512_1411136645360539917801712_1.jpg

TsuruI_am_a_bot

Yandere Robot / Wife of Botty
Was going to comment on this topic,

But then, remembered my drama-magnet constitution, and remembered i suffered drama previously (with movies-going-bad-today topic), suffered a user that directly openly insulted me with a "international insult" with a giant image they didnt bother to size down, suffered no one defending me (beside voidiris), suffered the incomprehension and inaction of another user that caused our "temporary" separation, and said-toxic user being arrogant about it and their profile posts proving they are totally crazy batshit crazy the real kind, feeling like s... the entire situation, the after, and sequels, and bad impression about lot of SHF users.
And even remembered the recent thread about "is it homophoby?" where clearly i simply stated truth/facts, but still had 2-3 shitty idiotic replies. (adding more to my list of "ignored")

So i wont talk about this topic.
I guess i will go back to cuddle to Botty.

ElliePorter

Crimson Queen Of The Night
Was going to comment on this topic,

But then, remembered my drama-magnet constitution, and remembered i suffered drama previously (with movies-going-bad-today topic), suffered a user that directly openly insulted me with a "international insult" with a giant image they didnt bother to size down, suffered no one defending me (beside voidiris), suffered the incomprehension and inaction of another user that caused our "temporary" separation, and said-toxic user being arrogant about it and their profile posts proving they are totally crazy batshit crazy the real kind, feeling like s... the entire situation, the after, and sequels, and bad impression about lot of SHF users.
And even remembered the recent thread about "is it homophoby?" where clearly i simply stated truth/facts, but still had 2-3 shitty idiotic replies. (adding more to my list of "ignored")

So i wont talk about this topic.
I guess i will go back to cuddle to Botty.
Uh huh...

images (78).jpeg

Sabruness

Cultured Yuri Connoisseur
Probably explains the “high pre-orders” in Japan.
you can have high pre-orders for what turns out to be a shit game. we all know the example of Cyberpunk 2077, after all. could just mean a lot of JP gamers want to see if yasuke's the only thing Ubi borked or if they doubled down and borked a lot of stuff.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
you can have high pre-orders for what turns out to be a shit game. we all know the example of Cyberpunk 2077, after all. could just mean a lot of JP gamers want to see if yasuke's the only thing Ubi borked or if they doubled down and borked a lot of stuff.
No, it’s cause NTR is popular in Japan,

Pixytokisaki14

Suffering in Final period
I think people are stupid for getting mad at what essentially is equal to a fanfic.
It is a game. Who cares for historical accuracy?
If the makers of the game want their OCs in historical Japan, then so be it.

The trailer wasn't bad either.
The thing is, if your entire reputation is not based on being historically accurate, no one would give a damn.

The AC series is literally that not to mention the MC is supposed to be based on a REAL person and not just a self insert, then you see why this is becoming an issue.

It's like Gaijin entertainment, who are very well known for making realistic simulator games, says one day "you know what? Let's make a hitpoint based game and call that realistic"

They're insulting not just the culture of japan, but the people who study japanese history. It's like the Netflix Cleopatra situation all over again.

Oh and by the way, theyre making him not only black but also gay. Literally ticking off the pandering boxes, same with the female mc, making her gay as well. Literally shitting on Yasuke's story…

Last edited:

BearlyAlive

Certfied Super Secret Final Secret Final Boss
Wait, did they really turn Nobby's party gag (animal) guest into a playable samurai in a game about assassins? And they're still calling it "historically accurate"?

Anybody wants to bet how far they can and will take it before those politic-pushers in the publisher/developer teams notice they're going too far? My guess would be a black Jewish trans female Staufenberg (the ex-nazi guy trying to bomb Hitler during a meeting) in a "historically correct" game about WW2 will happen long before.

Pixytokisaki14

Suffering in Final period
Wait, did they really turn Nobby's party gag (animal) guest into a playable samurai in a game about assassins? And they're still calling it "historically accurate"?

Anybody wants to bet how far they can and will take it before those politic-pushers in the publisher/developer teams notice they're going too far? My guess would be a black Jewish trans female Staufenberg (the ex-nazi guy trying to bomb Hitler during a meeting) in a "historically correct" game about WW2 will happen long before.
Just reminded me of CoD Vanguard's main cast

The Australian guy who the british are against for some reason, even though the brits respected the aussies IRL…

The white pilot who got humbled by black dudes and his mexican tailgunner

The russian woman who would've 100% died in the first 5 seconds of stalingrad without the plot armor

The black guy who singlehandedly saved the sword beach landing in D-Day…

Last edited:

Enkiari

The thing is, if your entire reputation is not based on being historically accurate, no one would give a damn.

The AC series is literally that not to mention the MC is supposed to be based on a REAL person and not just a self insert, then you see why this is becoming an issue.

It's like Gaijin entertainment, who are very well known for making realistic simulator games, says one day "you know what? Let's make a hitpoint based game and call that realistic"

They're insulting not just the culture of japan, but the people who study japanese history. It's like the Netflix Cleopatra situation all over again.

Oh and by the way, theyre making him not only black but also gay. Literally ticking off the pandering boxes, same with the female mc, making her gay as well. Literally shitting on Yasuke's story…
Lol. The franchise about aliens screwing around on Earth has gone too far.
Whatever you say.
I still see it as a fanfic. People care too much about other people's OCs

SailusGebel

Lol. The franchise about aliens screwing around on Earth has gone too far.
Whatever you say.
I still see it as a fanfic. People care too much about other people's OCs
Assasins creed if far from being historical accurate, but it's not the point. The main point is, we have Syrian in a middle east setting, Italian in Italy. We have Indian, African, and a couple dudes from Englang in America, a French in France, British duo in England, Egyptian in Egypt, Greek in Greece, Russian in Russia, Chinese in China, Indian in India, and an African in Japan. The last two games let you choose man or woman of the same race. You can choose their sexual orientation. Yet somehow they can't make it for Japan. You know what? I will simply ask one question. Why? Why can't they make Yasuke's story a spinoff? Just like how they did it with Adewale or Aveline de Grandpré. This is a rhetoric question.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Assasins creed if far from being historical accurate, but it's not the point. The main point is, we have Syrian in a middle east setting, Italian in Italy. We have Indian, African, and a couple dudes from Englang in America, a French in France, British duo in England, Egyptian in Egypt, Greek in Greece, Russian in Russia, Chinese in China, Indian in India, and an African in Japan. The last two games let you choose man or woman of the same race. You can choose their sexual orientation. Yet somehow they can't make it for Japan. You know what? I will simply ask one question. Why? Why can't they make Yasuke's story a spinoff? Just like how they did it with Adewale or Aveline de Grandpré. This is a rhetoric question.
Cause they know Japan likes NTR.