Plant based food

Ellen_Dunkel

That picture makes it look like plant burgers are a balanced diet all by themselves lol. Meat substitutes usually have a worse taste/texture than regular meat, but it's probably better for health and environment

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Listen, when you live in a third-world armpit of the globe and make a salary half the legal minimum wage, with the way a plant-based patty is priced, that shit's a luxury.

Somehow, a vegan substitute for a food item that, by itself, is the literal antithesis to the philosophy that created the product, costs several more times than the actual product it's trying to parody.

So I'm talking for the majority here who's more concerned on what they can AFFORD eat than what they WANT to eat; meat is meat. If one day Big Global pulled a sneaky on us and changed all the chicken into vegan meat and maintained the price, no one would know, because we're hungry cheapskates who want to eat, is all.

Annavyney

Plant-based food is indeed gaining popularity for various reasons, from health and environmental concerns to ethical considerations. It's great to see fast food and food producers embracing this trend by offering more plant-based options.
If you're interested in exploring plant-based protein sources, you might want to check out protein powder bulk. They can be a convenient way to incorporate more plant-based protein into your diet.
Whether you're fully committed to a plant-based lifestyle or just curious about incorporating more plant-based meals, it's a positive step towards a more sustainable and diverse culinary experience.

Last edited:

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Plant-based food is indeed gaining popularity for various reasons, from health and environmental concerns to ethical considerations. It's great to see fast food and food producers embracing this trend by offering more plant-based options.
it isn't healthy though. Plant based food, and most alternative life styles do not provide necessary ingreidents for human health. No selenium, no magnesium none of that.

Meat and milk is the best diet, but it is only unhealthy because of the large packacging and agricultural firms put dangerous shit in their products, microplastics, and unhealthy feeds.

Fast food and mass food production just shouldn't exist to ensure greater health, an environmental future and an ethical world

Azure_Fog

More stabby, more happy~
Hello, today I bring you our plant based cow souls. It’s based on plants, specifically grass, which we feed the cows. The cows use said grass to strengthen their souls. This is followed by the reaping of them.
it isn't healthy though. Plant based food, and most alternative life styles do not provide necessary ingreidents for human health. No selenium, no magnesium none of that.
And majority of the time you can find ways to get those missing components. Supplements exist. Also, no idea where you got the “no selenium, no magnesium” part. A quick Google search reveals a bunch of vegtables that contain magnesium and selenium.
IMG_0678.jpeg IMG_0677.jpeg

Last edited:

TotallyHuman

Where have you seen venison hamburgers?

Frankly, I don't care what bug people eat. I just buy raw ingredients and cook with it.

MintiLime

Unofficial Class President, Author
Grow your own veggies and you’ll be fine! It’s important to be balanced yatta yatta yatta. I won’t be giving up bacon anytime soon, but if someone else wants to and it isn’t harming anyone, I don’t really care. Smoking is way worse for you but cigarette are still being sold

Ilikewaterkusa

You have to take out their families...
Hello, today I bring you our plant based cow souls. It’s based on plants, specifically grass, which we feed the cows. The cows use said grass to strengthen their souls. This is followed by the reaping of them.

And majority of the time you can find ways to get those missing components. Supplements exist. Also, no idea where you got the “no selenium, no magnesium” part. A quick Google search reveals a bunch of vegtables that contain magnesium and selenium.
View attachment 23767View attachment 23768
supplements can work but its not natural and often its superifical stuff, and you don't really get the best bang for your money. Plus most of the vegetables are things that people don't really eat much. Other than potatos.

Stealthy_Enigma

(❀⁠≽ᆺ≼)⊃~~~~✧ ꧁Floofy Ninja!!!꧂
3 tbs oil
1 onion chopped
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
2 cans or 4 fresh tomatoes diced
8 ounces eggplant, rinsed and diced
1/2 cup water
1/2 tsp Salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 lb red, yellow, and/or orange bell pepper, stemmed seeded and diced
8 ounces zucchini, diced
8 ounces squash, diced
3/4 cup chopped fresh basil
Other seasonings to taste.

Put a 5-6 quart pot on the stove at medium-high heat. Cook onions in oil for 5 minutes. Add in garlic, tomatoes, eggplant, salt, pepper, and water. Bring to a simmer, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer until eggplant is soft when pierced, roughly 10 minutes. Add rest of the ingredient and simmer covered for another 10 minutes. Serve with side of bread if you want.
˝/\⁠⁠__/\˝
(⁠⁠⁠✿≖‿⁠≖)✨️
"/⊃˙˙˙˙˙\⊃˝📄˝ I am pilfering your recipe and placing it onto my thread!!!

QuercusMalus

A bad apple...
Meat and milk is the best diet, but it is only unhealthy because of the large packacging and agricultural firms put dangerous shit in their products, microplastics, and unhealthy feeds.
You think drinking the milk from another animal is healthy? Please explain why a huge portion on the world is lactose intolerant.

You really think meat is healthy? Considering the pesticides sprayed on everything, you don't think that transfers over?

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
I rarely eat meat because and prefer vegetables, but I find plant-based meat even less appetizing than meat. It just feels weird. Some of the texture and taste are there, but it doesn't feel right. It is also stupidly expensive, at least in my country. I can buy all the ingredients of a vegetarian or vegan dish and more for the price of 500 grams worth of plant-based meat.

AYM

Farts can kill awareness month
Why are people still replying to a necroed thread? The box on the bingo chart for this has already been marked.

doravg

106/4001 (too lazy to count the stories again.)
On the one hand, most of the meat we can buy cheaply is from animals that are fed cheap fodder, live in such conditions which are simply cruel, and not all that healthy. Cows shouldn't be eating corn, period.

On the other hand: Vitamin B12.

So, maybe, we should start eating meat that came from the region and costs a price which is high just so that the high costs for the keeping of the animals and their fair treatment can be covered, while still producing winnings for the farmers.

In a small town like my own, however, nobody is going to bring bio meat, and the farmers export their meat to better markets, where the people are willing to pay them more. So the only thing I can do is limit my animal product consumption and live in regret.

Vitamin B12, not even once.