Votes: 34 43.6%
  • Both

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Neither

Votes: 8 10.3%

• Total voters

Piisfun

Playful Spacetime Dragon
For reasons involving the dangerous topic of religion, I don't drink either.

Tell you what, for normsl people, including me, drinks coffee to stake awake, while my father drinks coffee so he can sleep more comfortably, even snores loudly. I dont know how that works.
This is usually caused by one of a few medical conditions that swap the effects of stimulants and depressants. Meaning: yes, some people become sleepy if they consume caffeine (such as me!), but will be forced wide awake if they consume depressants, such as alcohol or diphenhydramine (allergy medication known to make people sleepy).

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Never been much of a coffee drinker, especially after I found out that there are ground-up cockroaches in it.
Yes yes, locusts and honey are far superior!

BlackStarLine

As an Englishman, it has to be Tea. I've had coffee before but it's not really my thing.

lnv

✪ Well-Known Hypocrite
Catnip tea, it's master approved!

Discount_Blade

Sent Here To Piss You All Off
I drink Sweet Icea Tea. Its a Southern U.S. thing I picked up when I lived in NC for 2 years......

No one else in NY I know likes it except for a casual setting occasionally...but its practically my main drink. I have those black tea bags by the case-load sitting in a cabinet. Never been a big fan of coffee. I've been to Starbucks twice in my life, practically dragged their by fellow students when in Uni, and I never could get into it...and Starbucks is supposedly the best coffee around. I tried various things. Ended up getting more interested in those ridiculously overpriced sandwiches than for the actual coffee.

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
Coffee. It does the hair awesome!

No seriously, it makes your hair grow faster. In men, it blocks the hormone that causes male-pattern baldness. In women it makes hair grow faster than usual. So the dream of becoming Rapunzel is achievable if you drink coffee. Rapunzel was probably fed coffee.

Suikeina

I drink Sweet Icea Tea. Its a Southern U.S. thing I picked up when I lived in NC for 2 years......

No one else in NY I know likes it except for a casual setting occasionally...but its practically my main drink. I have those black tea bags by the case-load sitting in a cabinet. Never been a big fan of coffee. I've been to Starbucks twice in my life, practically dragged their by fellow students when in Uni, and I never could get into it...and Starbucks is supposedly the best coffee around. I tried various things. Ended up getting more interested in those ridiculously overpriced sandwiches than for the actual coffee.
You're not missing out. Starbucks is terrible coffee in my opinion.

gogo7966

banishing a light and a dark. she/her
Blacker than a moonless night, hotter and more bitter than Hell itself... That is coffee

CadmarLegend

@Agentt found a key in the skeletons.
Which one tastes better to you? What beverage is superior?
Tea. Probably because drinking it is a tradition in my family. My dad used to drink tea before going to work, and I got into the habit of drinking it before going to school. I've never gotten rid of it. Mom's also been doing that since a long time ago. My dad's dad(Grandpa) also drank tea..... my dad made the tea when I was young, and he sucked at making it tasty. I got used to drinking really, really, really, really¹⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰ bitter tea.... so my tastebuds sre dead.

D

Deleted member 45782

Tea. Probably because drinking it is a tradition in my family. My dad used to drink tea before going to work, and I got into the habit of drinking it before going to school. I've never gotten rid of it. Mom's also been doing that since a long time ago. My dad's dad(Grandpa) also drank tea..... my dad made the tea when I was young, and he sucked at making it tasty. I got used to drinking really, really, really, really¹⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰⁰ bitter tea.... so my tastebuds sre dead.
My fam drinks lot of tea too, perhaps more than some of our aunts and uncles. Always wondered what they mean when drinking tea will keep them awake. Maybe that is coffee, but I think I got used to it from eating so much dim sum and other cantonese/vietnamese restaurants. unless its something that is really strong flavor and I down a bit of it, I don't think it'll keep me from sleeping. maybe half an hour or less? XD. Ginger tea is great for when things come; makes one feel sleepy (personal, idk others). We drink tea a lot, almost every day I think we have some of it brewed.

Coffee is okay too. But then again not really my go-to unless I try to keep myself awake. I don't drink bitter bitter coffee too, more like just mocha so it doesn't really feel like it has an effect. only Starbucks mocha (couple of times) got me feeling lightheaded even though it tasted nice. Maybe its the type of tea we drank a lot, but I prefer tea, since coffee taste more bitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Spica66

Why choosing one where you can enjoy both? If you're a fan of tea and wanted to try something similar, I suggest you try drip coffee. The beans are light to medium roasted, less bitterness, more acidity and aroma.

D

Deleted member 20302

Necroing a thread? :blob_hmm_two:
Must be a slow day for you.