Post your characters, and I'll tell you what I think of them from my reader's perspective.

SailusGebel

The original idea for this thread belongs to always handsome @LinXueLian :blob_salute:

I thought her thread, and a couple of similar ones were cool. I wanted to revive them for a long time. Necroing is against the rules, so I'm making a new thread and combining all the similar ones. You can post whoever you want here. Male, female, animal, the main character, side villain, mob character, a character from unpublished work, from published work, from a training piece, whatever you want.

Rules are easy.
1. You post one character at a time. If you want to post one more, wait for another forum user to ask, or at least wait for my reply.

2. You describe how your character looks. You can use an image, you can write it, or use both methods.

3. You describe the personality of your character. You can also add hobbies, favorite food, whatever you want or need to mention. Preferably, make it 5-7 sentences long. Don't be afraid to write spoilers via spoiler button. I need to know why the character is like that to make an opinion. Moreover, chances are high that I won't read your story. So don't be afraid to spoil it for me.

4. Wait for me to reply.

This isn't a critique or review, I won't deconstruct your character. I won't give advice or tips(unless you ask for it). I will state whether I like your character or not. I'm only going to share my personal, subjective opinion.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
Hmm.

character is named Nathan.
He’s Japanese, wimpy, can’t do much about anything, a coward and is small where it counts. Thin, whiny and afraid.

Likes to eat sushi, also likes watching his wife get on with monsters. Has no backbone to stop her when it hurts, also enjoys it too much. Too cowardly to have sex with his own wife.

SailusGebel

Hmm.

character is named Nathan.
He’s Japanese, wimpy, can’t do much about anything, a coward and is small where it counts. Thin, whiny and afraid.

Likes to eat sushi, also likes watching his wife get on with monsters. Has no backbone to stop her when it hurts, also enjoys it too much. Too cowardly to have sex with his own wife.
Meh, boring.

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
Sir-Michael 2.jpg

Sir Micheal

Main villain. Can regenerate and summon ethereal armor. The sword can absorb and release magical and kinetic energy. The mask cannot be removed as it is fused with his face but it does translate every spoken language for him. Was a knight of the round table and was framed for killing King Arthur. Basically immortal. Hates soup due to a bad experience. Has PTSD. Loves reading, fishing, and swordsmanship.

I have a lot more characters but this is the one I wanted to show off the most.

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.

Happy-go-lucky attitude, easily chatting up anyone. Although also unafraid to tell her thoughts to their faces. Anything that is exciting or sounds fun, she is ready to take part in... Even if her guardians are not agreeing with it.

Likes anything that is sweet or goes well with coffee.

She comes from a family of prestige and with a sense of duty, having three brothers who are in position of power already. She would not shrink back if she is tasked to step up.

She knows what she wants and she is actively going for it. She would risk her own life to achieve it but not others’ lives.

I think that should be enough

Paul_Tromba

Happy-go-lucky attitude, easily chatting up anyone. Although also unafraid to tell her thoughts to their faces. Anything that is exciting or sounds fun, she is ready to take part in... Even if her guardians are not agreeing with it.

She comes from a family of prestige and with a sense of duty, having three brothers who are in position of power already. She would not shrink back if she is tasked to step up.

She knows what she wants and she is actively going for it. She would risk her own life to achieve it but not others’ lives.

Willing to bet that Sailus is gonna comment on the booba.

Seaspecter

SeaSpecter_BG.jpg

Anna

She is the MC of my novel and is a baby elder god. She spent the first few months of her life working as a barmaid at a tavern in a port town where she developed a colorful vocabulary and a taste for ale. She was found by a party of adventurers soon after and went along with them because she didn't have anything better to do. Her hobbies include, drinking, brawling, playing practical jokes on her friends, and dismembering woodland creatures with tentacles she summons from her dreams. Her eldritch heritage makes her immortal, invincible, and unchanging. She's a cheerful, friendly person, with a twisted sense of humor but will do anything for her friends.

Corty

Hmm, I guess he likes teen medium sized.
I have all kinds of images of her (not like that, you perv, reading this). I am still only a 110 chapters in, and she is only coming to age as I slowly make her marure and grow in the story and in character.

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
(not like that, you perv, reading this).
I feel attacked.

None Joking mode: I feel I should probably get around to reading it, but not until you’re near completion. I don’t like being left hanging.

Corty

I feel attacked.

None Joking mode: I feel I should probably get around to reading it, but not until you’re near completion. I don’t like being left hanging.
That is… at least one more year or so. If not more. :blob_hmm_two:

Anon2024

????????? (???/???)
That is… at least one more year or so. If not more. :blob_hmm_two:
That’s the thing. We don’t know what happens in a year. What if you stop writing? Had enough unfinished stories.

SailusGebel

View attachment 18890
Sir Micheal

Main villain. Can regenerate and summon ethereal armor. The sword can absorb and release magical and kinetic energy. The mask cannot be removed as it is fused with his face but it does translate every spoken language for him. Was a knight of the round table and was framed for killing King Arthur. Basically immortal. Hates soup due to a bad experience. Has PTSD. Loves reading, fishing, and swordsmanship.

I have a lot more characters but this is the one I wanted to show off the most.
Although I like how he looks, but at the same time I think he looks somewhat generic. For some reason he looks like a character from TMNT 2003 or TMNT game from ubisoft. As for everything else, I guess the same? This description makes him look somewhat generic in my eyes. As if you were making him based on a checklist. Add a backstory and a reason for turning evil, add reasons why he is strong, and don't forget one quirky trait(soup). Personally, don't like him.

Don't like her appearance at all. Although she is beautiful, it is a very boring design. As for everything else, don't like here because she lacks flaws. She looks like a deredere. I don't like such characters because I think their personalities are railoraded by the tropes.

View attachment 18891
Anna

She is the MC of my novel and is a baby elder god. She spent the first few months of her life working as a barmaid at a tavern in a port town where she developed a colorful vocabulary and a taste for ale. She was found by a party of adventurers soon after and went along with them because she didn't have anything better to do. Her hobbies include, drinking, brawling, playing practical jokes on her friends, and dismembering woodland creatures with tentacles she summons from her dreams. Her eldritch heritage makes her immortal, invincible, and unchanging. She's a cheerful, friendly person, with a twisted sense of humor but will do anything for her friends.
Like her hair, not the color but the haircut. I'm a sucker for that kind of oldschool, fluffy type of haircut from 80s-90s. Booba is way too big, sorry. Overall, nice look if I don't look at the boobs. As for everything else, she is boring. Same as the previous girl, she is way too bubbly and lacks flaws to be interesting for me. Powers are also kinda boring to me. I'm tired of good, cheerful girls who hide terrible powers inside them that they can't control.

Paul_Tromba

Although I like how he looks, but at the same time I think he looks somewhat generic. For some reason he looks like a character from TMNT 2003 or TMNT game from ubisoft. As for everything else, I guess the same? This description makes him look somewhat generic in my eyes. As if you were making him based on a checklist. Add a backstory and a reason for turning evil, add reasons why he is strong, and don't forget one quirky trait(soup). Personally, don't like him.
He has a backstory since he is
the MC from the future. Everything that happened to the MC caused him become callous and to be seen as an evil villain despite being an anti-hero at best. He realized at some point that everything wrong in his world is likely due to his actions and hates himself for it.
I just didn't want to give away too much.

Also, TMNT 2003 is the best TMNT so I'm flattered by the comparison.

Seaspecter

Like her hair, not the color but the haircut. I'm a sucker for that kind of oldschool, fluffy type of haircut from 80s-90s. Booba is way too big, sorry. Overall, nice look if I don't look at the boobs. As for everything else, she is boring. Same as the previous girl, she is way too bubbly and lacks flaws to be interesting for me. Powers are also kinda boring to me. I'm tired of good, cheerful girls who hide terrible powers inside them that they can't control.
I'm bad a giving quick descriptions I forgot to post her flaws so I'll remedy that. She's incredibly creepy and weird to be around for any length of time. If you were to have a conversations with her you'd notice that she breaths at the same steady rate no matter what's going on. She also stands or sits completely still randomly twitching because she tries to imitate what she sees other people do but doesn't get it quite right so it's more like talking to something pretending to be a person than it is a person. Most people ignore that because she is attractive though. She's also socially awkward making crude comments at the worst possible times, laughing randomly, staring at people, and being strange in general. As far as her powers, she had complete control over them and knows what and doesn't consider them to be terrible at all.

So to sum it up I think the best way to picture her is that creepy guy at a party that says inappropriate things to women laughs loudly at his own bad jokes and makes everyone uncomfortable but in the body of a stunningly beautiful woman. Hopefully that describes her a bit better than before.

Also, no need to apologize for not liking the big booba. Different strokes for different folks after all.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Michael

Tall, white, bald

He's the polyamorous husband of my main character Joan (who has three other love interests) and has a girlfriend named Linda. He has a goofy sense of humor and likes getting pats on the head after he makes jokes. His girlfriend's son thinks of him almost like a dad, but Michael really wants kids of his own. He's a good cook, and he wants the ladies to make enough money so he can be a stay-at-home dad. At the beginning of the story, he's working at a brewery restaurant, but he puts in his two weeks notice when the main characters get magic powers.

SailusGebel

He has a backstory
No offence, but I like him even less now, but don't forget that this is only personal preference.
Also, TMNT 2003 is the best TMNT so I'm flattered by the comparison.
The thing is, he looks like a general mob(foot ninja?), maybe officer\captain. That's why I said generic, but at the same time, I like this look.
I'm bad a giving quick descriptions I forgot to post her flaws so I'll remedy that. She's incredibly creepy and weird to be around for any length of time. If you were to have a conversations with her you'd notice that she breaths at the same steady rate no matter what's going on. She also stands or sits completely still randomly twitching because she tries to imitate what she sees other people do but doesn't get it quite right so it's more like talking to something pretending to be a person than it is a person. Most people ignore that because she is attractive though. She's also socially awkward making crude comments at the worst possible times, laughing randomly, staring at people, and being strange in general. As far as her powers, she had complete control over them and knows what and doesn't consider them to be terrible at all.

So to sum it up I think the best way to picture her is that creepy guy at a party that says inappropriate things to women laughs loudly at his own bad jokes and makes everyone uncomfortable but in the body of a stunningly beautiful woman. Hopefully that describes her a bit better than before.

Also, no need to apologize for not liking the big booba. Different strokes for different folks after all.
I still won't say these are flaws, but it does make her more interesting. Can't say I like her, but she isn't as boring as I thought.
Tall, white, bald
:blob_hmm:
He's the polyamorous husband of my main character Joan (who has three other love interests) and has a girlfriend named Linda. He has a goofy sense of humor and likes getting pats on the head after he makes jokes. His girlfriend's son thinks of him almost like a dad, but Michael really wants kids of his own. He's a good cook, and he wants the ladies to make enough money so he can be a stay-at-home dad. At the beginning of the story, he's working at a brewery restaurant, but he puts in his two weeks notice when the main characters get magic powers.
I like that he wants to be a stay-at-home dad. Sets him apart from almost every male characters that I know. Other than, if I look only at this description, he is more of MC's accessory rather than actual characacter.

RepresentingEnvy

En-Chan Queen Vampy!
Character: Melle

Short, Short Black hair, Dark Brown Eyes, Large Chest

Both of her parents died in a tragic accident while she was in high-school, but she managed to go to college and get a job afterwards. Due to something her mom said while she was little she became obsessed with the idea of sleeping giants. She climbed a mountain after hearing a folktale, but she didn't find a sleeping giant. Instead, she found a vampire who took her to another world. She is relatively easy going, but sometimes there are things that will trigger her trauma. She gets over these traumas by talking to her new vampy gf. Other than that, she is friendly to most and tries to see the good parts of people.