Random birthday thought

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
So, today's my birthday, and without any warning I had a philosophical thought about losing some of the passions I had while growing up.

I had played the triangle instrument three times before I became an adult. Once during my time at the daycare in Japan, once after I was at the kindergarten after I got back to my home country, and once during my high school. For some weird reason, all of us were fighting over the thin metallic triangle that you beat with a stick when we were at daycare and kindergarten. There were only limited number of those things available, so we had to draw lots to have the honor of using them. I didn't get to play them at both times (don't ask me why the teacher didn't just let everyone have their turn, my brain was too underdeveloped for such common sense during those times). I instead got a small tambourine, which was everyone's least favorite instrument.

When I got to high school, we had a music class (I don't remember how old was I exactly). I finally get to use the triangle during that class. For some reason, I didn't feel thrilled at all. Shocking, I know. I mean, I wanted to play the bugger when I was younger, but never had the chance to. Now, the piece of metal I got on my hand was merely, well, a piece of metal, not something I was looking forward to make music with. Tambourine, triangle, trumpet, I just couldn't care less. I just wanted the class to end.

The point I'm trying to get to is this: if you managed to find something that you can enjoy, enjoy it while you can. You might never have the chance to ever again, or you'll be too old to enjoy it when you come back for it.

Thanks for reading my pointless essay. Have a great day.

High-in-the-skys

Awkward member
You lost the chance to say Ted-talk...

But kinda relatable, I was the kid that watches other play games. You know how other kids have 'high-tech' gadgets? Now i'm holding one right now, spending my whole day face-to-face with it. Clearly I lost the thrill.

Found out that what I enjoyed isn't the gadget but the companionship I have... when I was ranting about how bad at games the one I was watching 😅

Wait did I forgot to say happy birthday?

Last edited:

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.

Here, have an inspirational shit that I just picked up in google.

Also, when you not have it, your mind will put emphasis on its pathetic importance. But once you have it, you achieve your goal of having it, like when you orgasm and now am feeling the downs after the high.

Whelp, getting old is shit, everywhere hurts and you are not as good as you use to be. Overtime your sense of passion will fail and die just like your organs, while some may say it is about the journey not the destination, I call horseshit as I view both of them equally important. Because just like a movie, if the end is shit, then by god all we can remember is that it is shit, no matter how good the opening and mid are.

Oops, I forgot, Happy Birthday :)

Last edited:

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
You lost the chance to say Ted-talk...

But kinda relatable, I was the kid that watches other play games. You know how other kids have 'high-tech' gadgets? Now i'm holding one right now, spending my whole day face-to-face with it. Clearly I lost the thrill.

Found out that what I enjoyed isn't the gadget but the companionship I have... when I was ranting about how bad at games the one I was watching 😅

Wait did I forgot to say happy birthday?
nah, it's not really ted-talk. I was just being random

someonesomeguy

zessei bijin stepford
Oh boy do you want a birthday existential crisis. I promise it's going to be super good. Just say yes . Say yes.

Happy birthday

D

Deleted member 45782

So, today's my birthday, and without any warning I had a philosophical thought about losing some of the passions I had while growing up.

I had played the triangle instrument three times before I became an adult. Once during my time at the daycare in Japan, once after I was at the kindergarten after I got back to my home country, and once during my high school. For some weird reason, all of us were fighting over the thin metallic triangle that you beat with a stick when we were at daycare and kindergarten. There were only limited number of those things available, so we had to draw lots to have the honor of using them. I didn't get to play them at both times (don't ask me why the teacher didn't just let everyone have their turn, my brain was too underdeveloped for such common sense during those times). I instead got a small tambourine, which was everyone's least favorite instrument.

When I got to high school, we had a music class (I don't remember how old was I exactly). I finally get to use the triangle during that class. For some reason, I didn't feel thrilled at all. Shocking, I know. I mean, I wanted to play the bugger when I was younger, but never had the chance to. Now, the piece of metal I got on my hand was merely, well, a piece of metal, not something I was looking forward to make music with. Tambourine, triangle, trumpet, I just couldn't care less. I just wanted the class to end.

The point I'm trying to get to is this: if you managed to find something that you can enjoy, enjoy it while you can. You might never have the chance to ever again, or you'll be too old to enjoy it when you come back for it.

Ah the times we get all philosophical and deep thinking...

Happy Birthday!

:blob_party:🎂🎉