Ranting on a Review.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
So I just got a review on RR [2star]. According to the guy, he'd been with my story since the start and he loves cold, logical MC, but something crossed his line. Up to this, I took it as having different preferences. I've already learned that you cant please everyone; you will have such biased reviews, opinions, etc. There's no changing that. And thats fine, I'm also like that when reading anything.
The next part, he writes he hates unjustified slavery with a passion. This seemed like a clear case of preference, so all good.
But then he writes and I quote "the MC threatening people who have done no wrong to him or any others as far as we and the MC knows, so he can have henchmen is deplorable". This part is the issue. My MC is straight up villain type. Not the 'I want to conquer the world just becuz', but he does whatever's necessary without taking one look at the morals. I mean, he did some pretty drastic stuff, several times for very simple reasons, that cant even begin to compare to forcing someone to become his henchman. I wanted to ask him, tho I didnt, you passed all that point and this is what you find deplorable?
And this is the reason I doubted the authenticity of it. But alas, cant do anything about it, since it passes all the set rules for review, no use reporting it. So here I am, ranting to release my frustration at it.
I will preface this by saying I've never been on RR so I have no idea about what features are available.
'-'
Why rant here and not on RR?
*is genuinely curious*

X

Maple-Leaf

•Deceased
I will preface this by saying I've never been on RR so I have no idea about what features are available.
'-'
*is genuinely curious*

X
I didn’t even know RR stood for Royal Road. I would like to know this too :blob_cookie:

weren't you apart of that invite-only discord thing L Nimbus started? The Huddlers?

yeah, and i got kicked out since i couldn't post any more lolis xD

and several people there had strong opinions against them, so we didn't get along

Aleth08

'-'
*is genuinely curious*

X
Hmm, good point. Didnt really think about it before posting. Could be becuz RR forums/discord dont seem much friendly to me[except for mods and admin, they're quite helpful and friendly]. If you complain about such reviews there, you'll be told there's nothing negative about it, and its just constructive criticism. Cant really speak for everyone there, but my experiences there was like that, and this was from fellow authors. And I was just making my mood a bit light by ranting and letting it out, so thats the last thing I want to hear, even if it was true.

Nahrenne

Pure and Innocent Maiden~
Hmm, good point. Didnt really think about it before posting. Could be becuz RR forums/discord dont seem much friendly to me[except for mods and admin, they're quite helpful and friendly]. If you complain about such reviews there, you'll be told there's nothing negative about it, and its just constructive criticism. Cant really speak for everyone there, but my experiences there was like that, and this was from fellow authors. And I was just making my mood a bit light by ranting and letting it out, so thats the last thing I want to hear, even if it was true.
I see.
'-'
Well, I'm glad you feel SHF is more welcoming in that aspect, then.
(^-^)

Also, sorry for you getting such a review.

X

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
'-'
*is genuinely curious*

X
I mean, if you're gonna plan an attack on the enemy HQ you're less likely to do it IN said enemy's HQ, right?

JayDirex

I've thought many times 'oh, I'm numb to negative comments and ratings now '. And then one such comes along, and destroys all that. Still, I'm getting used to it. I dont get affected as much as I used to when I first started so thats good.

I'm girding myself now as I stock up on chapters to be released. I hate that 30% of the human population are both dumb as fgn rocks and arse-holes at the same time, hence the driveby one-stars.

Stratothrax

If you complain about such reviews there, you'll be told there's nothing negative about it, and its just constructive criticism.

My experience too. Royal Roads authors seem like they are in an abusive relationship and have this attitude if they just put up with the nastiness things will be better somehow : v