Rex's Daily Life Tips & Tricks

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
It's been long enough that I've forgotten what PtO's catchphrase was.

Bul'tar!

An orc might be a nightmare for humans, but for a dragon, it's something that tastes good with ketchup.

Product warning: ketchup is considered a vegetable by the us govt.

During reunions, you ketchup with old friends. If you're a badass, you turn enemies into rivals or ketchup.

If you're a smartass, with sign language, you mimic cat whiskers then point up.

If you're a dumbass, in some back alley stall, you never know if you're being served cat soup.

A morose wiseass mc criticizing the world but being a loser himself: Ketchup in the Rye bread. (cameo of marmalade boy & mustard girl not included; taxes subject to the whims of the world emperor insect)

Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die

Don McLean (American Pie, Pt. 1)

Wait, what?! Was there a second part?

This message was brought to you by PtO, Pt1, but not Pt2. No ass was shown in part or in full during the production of this message.

tiaf

ゞ(シㅇ3ㅇ)っ•♥•Speak fishy, read BL.•♥•
Fish now needs a good lofi/music mix recommendation :blob_hide:

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Rex's Daily Tip #202 (Lo-Fi)*: To worsen the sound quality of your track aka transform it into lo-fi, Rex recommends this plugin**: iZotope Vinyl 🎛

P.S. Technically, SHF is a niche type of social media; you are also a type of follower — you are following this thread, so even though this isn't twitter here is Rex's soundcloud.*** :blob_okay:

*Lo-Fi - (lit. low fidelity aka low sound quality); a genre of music based on making your sound quality as sh*tty as possible, yet still tasteful in its own trash way. :blob_sir:
**Note: No guarantee of overnight success upon usage. :blob_whistle_two:
***That crappy record scratching sound? The whirring machine in the background? Yes, Rex has used this plugin to produce such quality in his tracks.~ :blob_uwu:

Fish now needs a good lofi/music mix recommendation :blob_hide:
@tiaf! I had written that earlier post last night and planned to send it this morning. Funny how it's the same topic. :blob_ghost:

Anyway, here we go with an official reply~
---

Rex's Daily Tip #639 (Lo-Fi): Good Lo-Fi can be found on YouTube.

However,
here is Rex's personal Lo-Fi mix from Spotify.*

*Rex is a rebel. Rex knows this. :blob_sir:
**One of Rex's favorite lo-fi tracks ever is Butterflies by Nohidea. It's one of those tracks that vibe so hard, it makes you cry a little. (Except Rex. Rex never cries, never have I ever.) :blob_teary:

It's been long enough that I've forgotten what PtO's catchphrase was.

Bul'tar!

An orc might be a nightmare for humans, but for a dragon, it's something that tastes good with ketchup.

Product warning: ketchup is considered a vegetable by the us govt.

During reunions, you ketchup with old friends. If you're a badass, you turn enemies into rivals or ketchup.

If you're a smartass, with sign language, you mimic cat whiskers then point up.

If you're a dumbass, in some back alley stall, you never know if you're being served cat soup.

A morose wiseass mc criticizing the world but being a loser himself: Ketchup in the Rye bread. (cameo of marmalade boy & mustard girl not included; taxes subject to the whims of the world emperor insect)

Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey and rye
Singin' this'll be the day that I die

Don McLean (American Pie, Pt. 1)

Wait, what?! Was there a second part?

This message was brought to you by PtO, Pt1, but not Pt2. No ass was shown in part or in full during the production of this message.
I was reading your hilarious reply this morning. And it reminded me of something, I thought, 'might as well make a bonus tip' (x3)~ :blobtaco:
--

Rex's Daily Tip #306 (Medicine): Tangential Speech - type of speech that never returns to the initial topic. A speech pattern commonly tested for in mental status examinations as it is found in many patients with schizophrenia, dementia, or delirium.*

*Fun Fact: for many questions that psychologists and psychiatrists ask, there is no right answer. They are looking less at the content of your answer and more at the form of your answer (how fast you talk, how you move from topic to topic, etc).:blob_popcorn:
**Rex would like to say this is more common in the elderly than most people would think and is a rough proxy for early signs of dementia. :blob_neutral:

Note: Rex will stop for today as Rex doesn't want people to get spoiled. :blob_sir:

Last edited:

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice
now that's a worthy question to explore. what's the fucken reason behind yellow subtitles at all? it's like the only kind of subtitles you find on bootleg pirated dvds you buy off the creepy old guy with half his teeth in the night market. aren't subtitles supposed to be informative but uninterruptible to the action on screen as much as possible?
That's probably why they changed from Yellow to White subtitles.

That said, Yellow Subtitles>>>>>>>White Subtitles without a Black Outline.

Yellow is not a very common background color, so you'll rarely have any problem with invisible subtitles... White OTOH is a color that appears all the time and often becomes unreadable because of the background. Screw whoever made subtitles without a proper outline! *flips table*
Rex's Daily Tip #721 (Texas): Austin, the capital of Texas, is a great city to live in if you:
  • Love great food* 🍜🌮🥩
  • Love great music** 🎙🎛🎷
  • Are seeking a promotion in the health or tech sectors*** 🧬📈💻
  • Are a millennial or feel young at heart**** 🚼🍻🍷
  • Love the outdoors***** 🎣🥾🛶
*See postscript.
**SXSW, ACL are huge and attract crowds from all over; the local and live music scene is also huge as many artists are trying to get discovered here.
***Vastly growing fields. Especially tech. Dubbed the ‘The New Silicon Valley.” A startup haven.
****Bar and club scene is wild. 6th street is quite infamous famous and always packed.
*****Spelunking in the bat caves, kayaking at Lady Bird Lake, hiking at Palmetto State Park, chillaxing at Barton Springs, etc. etc.

P.S. - If you ever visit, Franklin Barbecue should be added to your bucket list (beware of the wait time) because it is one of the best BBQ places in the country (NPR’s words not Rex’s. Rex is not biased. Rex is bias-less.) :blob_sir:
P.P.S. - Rex used to work in the same office as the owner’s mom back in uni; ‘twas a nice perk.
:blob_melt:
This blue is barely passable on the readability scale... *hugs* Good job! It's hard to find something readable on this tone!
Rex's Daily Tip #670 (Life): Do what makes you happy. Life is too short to be doing things that make you sad and miserable.* :blob_nom:

On the flip-side, you have to be practical.** :blob_catflip:

*For example, Rex could have been an engineer because even though he hated math, he was pretty decent at it. But he knew working with numbers/systems/machines all day would suck *ss for him, and he'd quit after maybe five years in the industry. In addition, Rex could have made big money doing investment banking/finance/etc. but knew he would immediately lose his soul within a year of that industry. :blob_ghost:
**What would make Rex truly happy would be to have his own studio and be able to produce mix-tapes and tracks all day. But Rex does not want to be homeless on the streets, so Rex went to uni instead. :blob_pout:
I totally get what you mean! I'm pretty sure I could become an engineer if I wanted, but I doubt I'd be able to be happy while working with that... T.T

Arexio

Coffee Addict
That's probably why they changed from Yellow to White subtitles.

That said, Yellow Subtitles>>>>>>>White Subtitles without a Black Outline.

Yellow is not a very common background color, so you'll rarely have any problem with invisible subtitles... White OTOH is a color that appears all the time and often becomes unreadable because of the background. Screw whoever made subtitles without a proper outline! *flips table*

This blue is barely passable on the readability scale... *hugs* Good job! It's hard to find something readable on this tone!

I totally get what you mean! I'm pretty sure I could become an engineer if I wanted, but I doubt I'd be able to be happy while working with that... T.T
Rex is just using colors that look decent on dark theme (there is still no accommodation for light theme; if there is, it is solely coincidental). :blob_whistle_two:

Like look how it looks here in this SS:

Screenshot_20200524-074938_Chrome.jpg

:blob_popcorn:

Last edited:

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Ye old CRT monitors. White (or green or amber) text on black background. Usually 80x25 fixed font positions.

Then came the fruit with its WYSIWYG ideology and desktop publishing became a viable business.

P.S. I'm sorry I couldn't properly reminisce PtO with you as I even had to consult the public frenemy for the catchphrase.

P.P.S. Dementia? No, no, no. Vanity is my favorite sin.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Try to accomodate both! *defenestrates you*
First time I've seen someone use that word before instead of simply throwing em outta window

But granted, throwing you outta window sounds better than defenestration

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Oh sorry that was mobile, so didn't see how pic original SS was. 'Tis fixed. :blobthumbsup:

Ye old CRT monitors. White (or green or amber) text on black background. Usually 80x25 fixed font positions.

Then came the fruit with its WYSIWYG ideology and desktop publishing became a viable business.

P.S. I'm sorry I couldn't properly reminisce PtO with you as I even had to consult the public frenemy for the catchphrase.

P.P.S. Dementia? No, no, no. Vanity is my favorite sin.
It's okay, I was waiting for you to enlighten us with your favorite LitRPG novel, but you seem to have gone on...wait for it...a tangent. :blob_ghost:

Try to accomodate both! *defenestrates you*
Sounds like a lot of unnecessary work:

1) Sees that @AliceShiki has posted.
2) Decides to reply.
3) Writes up post.
4) Changes the color.
5) Switches to light mode.
6) Checks color compatibility score.
7) Fails score.
8) Picks new color suitable for light mode.
9) Switches back to dark mode.
10) Immediately go back to [Step 6], do not pass 'Go', get stuck in a loop worse than Haruhi's Endless Eight. :blob_dizzy:

First time I've seen someone use that word before instead of simply throwing em outta window

I prefer defenestration, but to each their own on how they would like to be removed forcibly from a building. :blob_sir:

BenJepheneT

I prefer defenestration, but to each their own on how they would like to be removed forcibly from a building. :blob_sir:
Why remove the man when you can remove the building?

Why stop at one building? Make it two buildings!

Why not we make those buildings twins?

Instead of dynamite, why don't we-

AliceShiki

Magical Girl of Love and Justice

Defenestration is much fancier~
Sounds like a lot of unnecessary work:

1) Sees that @AliceShiki has posted.
2) Decides to reply.
3) Writes up post.
4) Changes the color.
5) Switches to light mode.
6) Checks color compatibility score.
7) Fails score.
8) Picks new color suitable for light mode.
9) Switches back to dark mode.
10) Immediately go back to [Step 6], do not pass 'Go', get stuck in a loop worse than Haruhi's Endless Eight. :blob_dizzy:
Ah, the easiest way to go about this is simply to avoid picking colors that are too bright or too dark, no need to keep testing in both modes and stuff! XD

That's how I did back when I used colors a lot while RPing at least! \(^^)/

Arexio

Coffee Addict
The bright colors look nice on dark mode and call to me. They've got pizzazz. :blobtaco:

The normal ones are too stale for me. :blob_sir:

BenJepheneT

this man will never anticipate the man behind the slaughter

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Then let's have our friendly neighborhood bug swing in between the buildings and catch a manmade steel dragonfly.

"Sorry, this is 912."

The 1st LitRPG I read was Legendary Moonlight Sculptor. I'm pretty sure most can satisyingly safely stop reading at the end of volume 20.

The next might have been Ark and it is puke worthy. It is an unfunny template fanfic of LMS.

I enjoyed watching Sword Art Online. I think I liked Asuna because she sort of reminded me of Relena Peacecraft.

I stumbled upon the Play to Live series. Like SAO, they get stuck in whatever games they were playing. Unlike SAO, they get revived when they die. I've only read 6 of the 7 volumes so far.

In Log Horizon, they are also stuck in the game. They can resurrect, but they only realize the subtle penalty later.

Only Sense Online is a drag. The genderbending is irrelevant.

1/2 Prince is boring and changes focus midway.

Stop, Friendly Fire! has the usual Toika style charm.

Ah, yeah, insert Praise the Orc somewhere there.

I really should have used a pensieve while the manipulative calculative Dumbledore was still alive.

Arexio

Coffee Addict
Rex's Daily Tip #672 (Relig**n): To each their own, but Rex believes you shouldn't force your own beliefs on to others. :blob_upset:

*Growing up, Rex had to go to Sunday School. 'Twas not fun.
**The people there were very hypocritical. Rex knows for a fact that one guy that was "cool and popular" back then is currently serving prison time. 🤐
***Also, Rex was told to practice abstinence and to not ever masturbate because it was sinful. Even now, Rex can't believe he was so naive back then that he would feel extremely guilty after busting a n*t. How ridiculous. 🙃

weakwithwords

discord-less mudblood
Religion is the opium of the masses. -John Lennon, the wife beater
  • Throwing up, Naomichi had to clean the floor. That was not fun.
  • Naomichi was not one of the happy shiny people, but he still had to serve food and drinks with a smile.
  • Naomichi practiced extreme practices, eventually becoming known as Hammer Nao in the ring. Later, he lost and got busted like a nut by Ippo.
How bizarre, how bizarre OMC

Last edited: