Running out of ideas

hartetg

What do some of you guys do when you're running out of ideas to write? I have hit major writer's block.

MorgueAnna

Get some rest. I know many folks can't come up with creative ideas when they are tired or burned out, myself included. Not just sleep, but resting your body from work and chores and stuff.
While you recouperate, consume other creative works to introduce your brain to new concepts and as a sort of "exercise" that'll help you with output.

BlackKnightX

What do some of you guys do when you're running out of ideas to write? I have hit major writer's block.
Read some stories, watch some movies or animes, play some games, talk to your friends, take a dump, take a piss, meditate, take a stroll, arrange a flower, fuck someone, kill someone, destroy public property, take a dump on your neighbor’s lawn, burn down a house, create a dynamite, exercise, go to space, go under the ocean, go to another realm, get hit by a truck, fuck the goddess, get isekaied, fuck another world as well, then go to another worlds and then another and repeat the cycle of traveling and fucking, become the true fucking monarch who rules over the multiverse, then you know what to do—fuck the multiverse as well, and on and on and on….

Look, there are a lot of things you can do when you get stuck. Take the above examples as a reference and decide what to do for yourself.

Aight, have fun~ ✌🏻

MissPaige36

✨Senior Forum Citizen✨
Honestly, when you hit writers block in the middle of a chapter, delete the chapter, take a break to do something and then sit down and write something completely different. Sometimes it's hard to continuously write good chapter so take care of yourself!

SirDogeTheFirst

Lord Of The Potatoes
I take breaks but if not enough, I change the little things around me.

For example, I like drinking tea, so I try a new kind, or I also like listening to music, and changing the genres sometimes helps.

Other than that, consuming other media products also helps as some little aspects burn to your mind and you unintentionally twist and use them from time to time.

VoxPopulist

When the well is dry, take a nap, take a shower, eat some food, go out and do something, etc. Inspiration comes at seemingly random times for a lot of people, so if you've hit a wall, step away from the keyboard and take a small break.

super straight male & the opposite sex of female
Wow be better than. Jeff bezos

hartetg

Honestly, when you hit writers block in the middle of a chapter, delete the chapter, take a break to do something and then sit down and write something completely different. Sometimes it's hard to continuously write good chapter so take care of yourself!
Thank you i will try that

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Force yourself to write through it anyways.

This. Someone posted a similar thread a couple of hours ago, so I'll once again give the same advice. You don't necessarily need inspiration to write. A good way to brute force past writer's block is to research the structure of stories you like and use that to help you determine what should happen next in yours. Think of what the characters are doing and when they are doing things.

JohnDoe9838

Fix your sleep schedule (if possible) if it's a little messy.
When you go to sleep, do it with something in your hand that will make a lot of noise when it falls (nothing that will break or hurt you). When you wake up in that moment of confusion, of hypnagogia, try to write down everything that came to your mind. You have about five minutes before it all fades away.
Something will come out of it.

D

Deleted member 54065

Unless you're running after a deadline, take a break.

Niw if you still can't write after taking a break, no way out but to bludgeon your path through writing.

Yes, write. Just write. And keep on doing it till you broke through writer's block. And don't throw whatever it is that you wrote while in the block, since it may end up good when you're out of it.