SmutHub: Real or Not?

TheMonotonePuppet

A Writer With Enthusiasm & A Jester of Christmas!
Day 3

Trending (Daily Top 20)

Date: 2023.August.25

• Harem: 6 out of 20 = 30%
  • Smut: 2 out of 20 = 10%

Latest Series (Last 10)
Date: 2023.August.25

• Harem: 1 out of 10 = 10%
  • Smut: 1 out of 10 = 10%
This time, fewer novels were uploaded, 10 in fact, before I got to the same novels as yesterday.
*thumbs-up* Keep up the good work!

Corty

Sneaking in, stealing your socks.
Day 4

Trending (Daily Top 20)

Date: 2023.August.26

• Harem: 8 out of 20 = 40%
  • Smut: 4 out of 20 = 20%

Latest Series (Last 20)
Date: 2023.August.26

• Harem: 3 out of 20 = 15%
  • Smut: 0 out of 20 = 0%

Corty

Interesting data. :blob_sir:
How many days do you plan to do this? A week, fortnight, a month, or just until you get bored? :blob_popcorn:
I am going for a week. And I already have a follow-up idea.

After that, I will spend a week, checking the front page as to how many harem/smut stories are visible at once at random moments in time.

Corty

Day 6

Trending (Daily Top 20)

Date: 2023.August.28

• Harem: 7 out of 20 = 35%
  • Smut: 5 out of 20 = 25%

Latest Series (Last 20)
Date: 2023.August.28

• Smut: 2 out of 20 = 10%

Bobple

Keep going until the end of the month :blob_paint:

totally not saying that, cause my series would be released on the 31st...

Thanks for the data!

Corty

Keep going until the end of the month :blob_paint:

totally not saying that, cause my series would be released on the 31st...

Thanks for the data!
Tomorrow will be the last date. :blob_hmm_two:

But I will start a second week, only looking at what is on the front page when you come on the site. So it could still show up :blob_sir:

Corty

Day 7

Trending (Daily Top 20)

Date: 2023.August.29

• Harem: 4 out of 20 = 20%
  • Smut: 3 out of 20 = 15%

Latest Series (Last 20)
Date: 2023.August.29

• Smut: 4 out of 20 = 20%

Corty

One Week Conclusion

The Top 20 Daily List:
  • Harem: 40 out of 140 = 28.57%
  • Smut: 20 out of 140 = 14.28%
The Last 20 Daily List:
(NOTE: In one day, there were only ten new stories uploaded before I reached the previous day's titles!)
  • Harem: 21 out of 130 = 16.15%
  • Smut: 13 out of 130 = 10%
These are the numbers. This does not include the fact that there were stories that had both smut and harem, so in reality, the numbers are even a bit lower... but that is that. If it's harem and smut, it gets into both. You decide whether this is a warranty of the title "SmutHub" or not.

This will be the result of this thread; I know it. I knew from the start, but I was curious. As others before me already discussed, it's something that stuck with the site, starting as a meme and being taken seriously by newcomers. I will be a dickhead about it, and if I see complainers, I'm gonna spam my thread about it. Suck it!

Now, for real. Looking at the numbers, I think it's a healthy balance. There is nothing wrong with it. People... Listen... You feel you can only do well with smut and harem on this site because, let's face it: You didn't write something people enjoy. Success doesn't come in a day, nor does it fall into the lap of every harem and smut story.

If you are jealous of the above-mentioned genres being in the top 10, top 5, or top 3... go and write something that people like and don't have those tags. It can be done; It has been done multiple times. Instead of crying, get yourself together and get to writing.

Rhaps

Master of Nightmare

This will be the result of this thread; I know it. I knew from the start, but I was curious. As others before me already discussed, it's something that stuck with the site, starting as a meme and being taken seriously by newcomers. I will be a dickhead about it, and if I see complainers, I'm gonna spam my thread about it. Suck it!

Now, for real. Looking at the numbers, I think it's a healthy balance. There is nothing wrong with it. People... Listen... You feel you can only do well with smut and harem on this site because, let's face it: You didn't write something people enjoy. Success doesn't come in a day, nor does it fall into the lap of every harem and smut story.

If you are jealous of the above-mentioned genres being in the top 10, top 5, or top 3... go and write something that people like and don't have those tags. It can be done; It has been done multiple times. Instead of crying, get yourself together and get to writing.
This is a pretty solid advice, since I somehow stumbled onto #1 trending with what basically is edgy World of Gumball, it can be done without smut and harem.

Corty

Round 2

Looking at the Latest Updates
Day 1 - August 30

I am going to continue this, just for fun. I am going to check the latest page for the same, and I will try to do it at different hours each day.

• Harem: 9 out of 25 = 36%
  • Smut: 8 out of 25 = 32%