Someone translated my novel to Chinese and posted it on Qidian

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
Thank you for reassuring me. That's actually the main reason why I'm conflicted about this. Your opinion made me relax.

I'll check the translation once in a while.

What? So I'm not the one only he's pirating? Damn...
Dude is busy.

Also, I thought that qidian "pays" their slaves mules authors by word count? So mooching off of yours, MTLing and (hopefully) editing it earns him some dough.

prognastat

I searched for your novel on Qidian and it seems like the person claims to be the author. They put their own name on the cover and you're not mentioned anywhere.

In this case I'd say file for takedown or ask them to fix this.

Edit: Actually all of the novels he published are stolen from others. One is Binder of Souls and other is Horizon of War: The Realistic Isekai Chronicles [Book 1 & 2 Completed]. Why are people like this...
Yeah if there is one I would suspect all of them are, because if you have already taken the step to do it once meaning your morals are already compromised why would you ever put in honest effort in writing a story of your own?

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
Yeah, I checked, because usually people of this kind don't do it once. You can try contacting the other two authors or contact Qidian alone. In any case, this is just a theft and should be treated like such. They're just a leech.
I'll try to contact them.
I already did, so far no reply.

Last edited:

prognastat

I already did, so far no reply.
I would probably ask the author first. Then if they deny report it to the platform.

Just be prepared that both might deny at which point unless you want to go legal, which for most web novel authors isn't viable, you're pretty much at the end of your rope. We aren't a multinational corporation with an international legal team after all.

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
I would probably ask the author first. Then if they deny report it to the platform.

Just be prepared that both might deny at which point unless you want to go legal, which for most web novel authors isn't viable, you're pretty much at the end of your rope. We aren't a multinational corporation with an international legal team after all.
I understand, thanks. 🙏😇

Ai-chan

Queen of Yuri Devourer of Traps
I searched for your novel on Qidian and it seems like the person claims to be the author. They put their own name on the cover and you're not mentioned anywhere.

In this case I'd say file for takedown or ask them to fix this.

Edit: Actually all of the novels he published are stolen from others. One is Binder of Souls and other is Horizon of War: The Realistic Isekai Chronicles [Book 1 & 2 Completed]. Why are people like this...
And here Ai-chan thought that Royal Road staff is very aggressive about copyright infringement.

BlackKnightX

I wonder if Chinese authors think the same when English translators translated their works and posted them on the internet.

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
I wonder if Chinese authors think the same when English translators translated their works and posted them on the internet.
Probably yes.
hope you can report it. and thanks for the info.
I'm thinking of adding Tianmen Square massacre, Winnie the Pooh, and Taiwan is a country in my novel to stop this shit, haha.

Alski

Qidian has been known for this shit for a long long time, the original founder was also part of the problem since he got arrested for selling copyrighted material 10 years ago :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:. Best you can do is reach out to the person posting it and then report it to the platform after like others have said but I wouldn't get my hopes up about it.

doravg

109/4001 (bigot towards homophobs)
People will still check out the original. Someone stole my novel and translated it into Russian, but they did give me credit, so your case is worse. Can you speak with the site owners to take it down?

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
People will still check out the original. Someone stole my novel and translated it into Russian, but they did give me credit, so your case is worse. Can you speak with the site owners to take it down?
Qidian is a famous site in China and I think they really didn't care much about that. Besides, I'm not that bitter anymore. As long as English-speaking readers know that I'm the real author, I'm fine with it. I can't reach out to Chinese people anyway.

Hanne

Qidian is a famous site in China and I think they really didn't care much about that. Besides, I'm not that bitter anymore. As long as English-speaking readers know that I'm the real author, I'm fine with it. I can't reach out to Chinese people anyway.
any update on your side?

my publisher is sending a formal takedown notice but since it's China web we're dealing with, probably it's going to take forever, or never. :sweat_smile:

Pujimaki

Padoru trash writer
any update on your side?

my publisher is sending a formal takedown notice but since it's China web we're dealing with, probably it's going to take forever, or never. :sweat_smile:
Nah, I decided to let it be. I can't do much anyway. All I can do is write some stuff that will cause the novel to be ban. I'm going to spam June 4, 1989 in my novel. That's a forbidden date in China.

melchi

What is a custom title?
Nah, I decided to let it be. I can't do much anyway. All I can do is write some stuff that will cause the novel to be ban. I'm going to spam June 4, 1989 in my novel. That's a forbidden date in China.
Talking fondly about the republic of china should also do it.