Tell me your first anime

Peter3135566

Pretty sure first anime i saw was black bullet... even now i remmber it as being awsome! Was yeeeaarrssss ago and even when i watchd it it was alredy out for a while, cant remmber how i found it, just that i found both combat and story to be amazing.

Pixytokisaki14

Half Kitsune Half Succubus
Akame Ga Kill. Ah I remember it like it was just yesterday. Just sitting on my bed watching anime characters get assassinated, dismembered or skinned while eating some snacks. Those moments were ingrained in my memories. Especially scenes with Esdeath, who was my favorite character back in the day.

P.S I was 8 years old when I watched it :sweat_smile:

Paul_Tromba

Sleep deprived mess of a published author
I actually have a story about this. I was 5 years old and my parents had taken me on a vacation to the beach. They left me in the room for a bit to go get some stuff so I am allowed to watch TV for probably the first time ever. Now, this was after dark on a Saturday so the Adult swim is on. Being 5 and seeing animations, I began watching Fullmetal Alchemist dubbed without my parent's knowledge. I loved it. Then Naruto subbed came on and it was just Sasuke getting healed in the desert. I have yet to watch Naruto so now I am certain that the whole plot is Sasuke getting healed and a big-boobed lady monologuing. So my first official anime was Fullmetal Alchemist 2003. The first one I watched all the way through was Yu-Gi-Oh GX.

Ruti

honestly don't know. so many of the things I watched when I was younger might have been animes, but I will never know since I don't remember their names
one thing for sure, Fairy Tail is definitely close to being the first (you used to be able to find the entire anime, full episodes proper audio, full op and end in it, full screen, on YouTube before the final season released, where they all got wiped off the map, besides some big scenes

NotaNuffian

This does spark joy.
It was Gundam Wing, Doraemon, Digimon.

Surprisingly, I barely catch up to Dragon Ball because I thought it was too yell-y, even though I was a sucker for martial arts/ wire fu movies.

Daitengu

Hmm, the first I remember seeing was a bit of Speed Racer.

The first I saw every episode of was likely the very first season of Digimon back when it was on the Saturday morning cartoon block.

Last edited:

SMKenward

I'd like to say Naruto, but I recently recalled it wasn't the first anime I watched.
Nostalgia is hitting me hard! Has anyone here watched Kiba, an anime with Spirits used like a Pokemon but more like a Ghost from Shaman King? It had sword fights, drama, shard casters, some kind of laser swords, had awesome civilization, was pretty original when interpreting fantasy, and it even had really compelling story. It could be considered an old anime, especially with the graphics, but its first broadcast was back in 2006 from Japan. Every time I'd hear Amir Gaoul's music theme when he was summoned, I would always feel the chill. Even now after nearly ten years, the anime was still hitting me hard with Amir Gaoul's appearances in the screen with his awesome BGM. How about you, what's your first anime?
To Love Ru. I was not prepared

HuaiChi

Oh! Kiba that is a old one. People used to put balls like thing in the tattoo in arm to summon the beast, right? I miss those one.

Mine is rurouni Kenshin. A true OP