Terrible anime/manga/LN/games to be converted into (hopefully) better fanfic.

Blackout

Worshipper of Chin Chin the Dark Lord
Have you ever read/watched/played something so bad you think that you can do better? Mine's Mayoiga: the Lost Village and Maken-ki. More suggestions are much appreciated.

K5Rakitan

Level 34 👪 💍 Pronouns: she/whore ♀
Yes, though I only write about it when I like the characters.

BenJepheneT

Light Up Gold - Parquet Courts
Harry Potter could've been so much better if each books ended with Harry and Voldy competing in an oily twerk off.

Probably no.

If they're so bad, I probably would just keep it out of my mind and focus on things I like instead.

They might be terrible for me, but in the end, people could 'risk' an adaptation of it and the sales might actually not be that bad. Behind each of the 'worst' works, there's always a considerable amount who enjoys it, in a way.

I wouldn't be so confident to say I could do better if I couldn't even write for a living. It's easy enough to write something that's better for myself, but to do so for a lot of people--I don't think I can do it, so hats off to them.

TheEldritchGod

A Cloud Of Pure Spite And Eyes
I thought about, I WAS ISEKAI'D INTO A TERRIBLE FANFIC. As a story. Like find the most terrible slash fic i could find and have a normal het guy wind up in it and run around. Like seeing some of the rapey behavior and calling the cops to find out the cops are rapey. Then having to deal with a mary sue who never has to deal with the consequences of her actions, despite screaming about it and pointing out how obviously wrong things are.

But I don't have time.

CarburetorThompson

Fuel Atomization Enjoyer
Never read or watched anything and full and thought that, but I read the synopsis for a series a couple of times and thought it sounded like a fun idea to cover. But I wouldn’t write a fanfic I’d just make a better version.

pelpelen

It already exists and it's naruto.

The fanfic writers manage to make a story where plot stretches from the rivalry of two characters and one of them going into the dark path and the other one trying to rescue him to a story where plot twist after plot twist happens into something more.

The original weird plot being:

The genocider brother that only values strength? He's actually very nice and did it for the little brother (even though there were plenty of other ways...)
The main antogonist was orochimaru? No he was just a sub antogonist the main antogonist is akatsuki and their leader pain. No! it was his subordinate tobi! Good right? NO. The main antogonist is a legendary shinobi that came back to life!
o-okay? HA! Got you again! It's actually an alien god who plans to eat the world!
The main character only uses one spinning ball for his attacks? NO! Wait? Is that it? That's it... Oh he can throw it later that's that.
The characters are one dimensional.
Here's the edgy guy who's the opposite of the mc but they're still best friends! Here is the useless girl that obsesses over him!
Did the edgy ghuy change?.... Maybe? He got all of his stuff settled and he's still edgy. It's some genetic stuff at this point.
The main character is the typical ball of energy who's always rightous...
The love interest is this shy girl who loves him after he saves her once and doesn't do shit until AFTER the series ends... AFTER a total of 700 episodes and this girl only managed to get in a relationship with him only in the last episode (Not including the weird stuff that happened during neji's death)
It's just hard to like their relationship after he chases after another girl for 700 episodes and they suddenly and without any romance beforhand get married... And they try to fix that with a movie with a weird astronout kidnapper!

AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON DORITO!...
or was it burrito?
Just that one crybaby rebellious and unnapriciative child..

But the fanfics manage to make this abominations into something much more interesting.
They introduce more jutsus and new characters.
They make the existing character better (sometimes) and give them more depth.
They make this plot that's clearly the result of the publisher not wanting the manga to finish into something more complex and manage to get it out of the gutter.

I'm gonna do a little bit of fanboying here but...
This is why i like Mob without system in Naruto world
It makes use of the unused tenten and makes her into the female lead
The story points out the weirdness of the main cast (Of course after twisting their personalities a bit)
It manages to bend the already existing plot to something more interesting.
it still manages to make a op mc without making him too op
it manages to not be too fanfic-ish with the harem or the gl or the gender bending or the perverted borderline rapist protagonist and his smut

Even though it isn't flawless, overall i still find it better than the original naruto series an sad that the author stopped wrtiting it

Last edited: